• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Zeke

I told you guys not to leave the safety of the NFL thread at this point all the old poster will be gone and nothing but new blood will remain then NFLGaf will be nothing ;(
Edit: nice thread title :jnc

DMczaf

JOSH FREEMAN IS NOT FAT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS I HATE THIS THREAD!

image.jpg

That kind of initiative is a big part of why Freeman is developing into one of the game’s elite quarterbacks, and it’s the kind of thing that every fan would want to hear his team’s quarterback say.

lol.... Lol.... LOL!!!!!!

never change michael david smith you fucking idiot. one of the games elite quarterbacks jesus christ why wasn't i lucky enough to get paid by profootballtalk to come up with a bunch of nonsense!

Milchjon

iPhone 5 or next Nexus.

5 is supposed to have bigger screen.

No other options IMHO. Last gen early adopters of Win phones got fucked hard. Win 8 has no apps and no momentum. Wait and see until next year on that one.

What do you mean "no apps"? All WP7 apps will work with WP8, and right now, I don't really miss much.

And I may have got screwed over, but I only ever feel jealous until I actually look at iOS/Android. I could never switch back.

Squicken, I'd wait til later in the year. WP8 will be worth a look and the iPhone 5 will be a bigger step. And contrary to bionic, I think there's alternatives to the Nexus. The Galaxy S III may be ugly as shit, but it has some nice gimmicks. And the One X is one of the nicest phones out there. I think there was an article on the Verge just days ago on whether Nexus is still without alternatives.

squicken

What do you mean "no apps"? All WP7 apps will work with WP8, and right now, I don't really miss much.

And I may have got screwed over, but I only ever feel jealous until I actually look at iOS/Android. I could never switch back.

Squicken, I'd wait til later in the year. WP8 will be worth a look and the iPhone 5 will be a bigger step. And contrary to bionic, I think there's alternatives to the Nexus. The Galaxy S III may be ugly as shit, but it has some nice gimmicks. And the One X is one of the nicest phones out there. I think there was an article on the Verge just days ago on whether Nexus is still without alternatives.

As I understand it W8 launch phones will be pretty underpowered. I'm more inclined to use that though unless Google gets a handle on the wild west of its ecosystem

I've enjoyed my iphone4 but it's showing its age

Milchjon

As I understand it W8 launch phones will be pretty underpowered. I'm more inclined to use that though unless Google gets a handle on the wild west of its ecosystem

I've enjoyed my iphone4 but it's showing its age

There's many reasons why Windows Phone might not be for you, but pure specs shouldn't be one of them. WP7 has traditionally shown a fluid performance that's superior to Androids with the same or even way higher specs. Hell, there are more reports of stuttering menus on quad core droids than single core WP7s. They've improved that, but WP7 is still awesome on "underpowered" devices.

Also, Jags DE Austen Lane posted his workout schedule:

original.jpg

bionic77

I meant no apps compared to the other two dominant platforms. Number and quality wise it is behind the other two. You cannot deny that.

Also I only recommend Nexus phones because they are the only phones that are guaranteed to get updated in a timely manner.

jakncoke

Banned
After the novelty effect wore off, it'd get Raiders and Bucs level of attendance. But the league is seeing 80k attendance figures and get all $_$

fuck a london franchise, that shit would flop so hard

An NFL franchise in London would be an unmitigated disaster. There's just not enough of a market there for American football. Do they think they can steal fans from rugby and association football? In England? No chance.

I know that there are a couple of English Gaffers who are into the NFL, and the annual games at Wembley have been financial successes (although the overall quality of football in those games have been shit), but I don't see enough support over there to support an NFL franchise over a full sixteen/eighteen game schedule, nevermind the year-round grind that the NFL offseason has become.

That's not even getting into the logistics nightmare that would come out of putting a team that plays 3000 miles away from the closest other NFL team on the schedule. Its one thing to send two poor sods over there a year, its another to have eight teams a year have their seasons fucked over by having to make that trans-Atlantic trip twice in one week.

Top Bottom