• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Was at the sconi bars last night with my roommates and met this great girl, we talked for a long time and exchanged numbers.

So of course I get to creeping on facebook and she has tons of packer related comments, pictures at lambeau, ect. I'm going to have to navigate this carefully.

Bowser

Fitzgerald @LarryFitzgerald
Just finished a great workout with @Wellefast. I'm charging @MichaelMFloyd with a DWI "don't want it" he missed a 3rd straight workout 2day.

:jnc

Fitzgerald @LarryFitzgerald
Just finished another strong workout with @Wellefast. @MichaelMFloyd killed it 2day & led the group in all drills & squaded 400+. #beast

"squaded"? smh.

Was at the sconi bars last night with my roommates and met this great girl, we talked for a long time and exchanged numbers.

So of course I get to creeping on facebook and she has tons of packer related comments, pictures at lambeau, ect. I'm going to have to navigate this carefully.

Was this meant to be a jab at the size of Sconi girls? Because I like it

So MacBook Airs are the way to go nowadays? Is it preferable because of the portability? I've been flip-flopping between the Air and the Pro for a while now. The Air sounds really nice for school, but will it be enough to use as an everyday device? I'll mostly use it for the usual stuff; writing papers, photo editing, web browsing. It'll be nice to use iTunes on hardware for which it's meant to be used; iTunes for Windows fucking sucks.

DMczaf

So MacBook Airs are the way to go nowadays? Is it preferable because of the portability? I've been flip-flopping between the Air and the Pro for a while now. The Air sounds really nice for school, but will it be enough to use as an everyday device? I'll mostly use it for the usual stuff; writing papers, photo editing, web browsing. It'll be nice to use iTunes on hardware for which it's meant to be used; iTunes for Windows fucking sucks.

I'm going with a Macbook Air+Windows Desktop combo. I have a crappy netbook right now, but I'm selling it and getting an Air for school next month.

If it's your only computer, I'd go with the Pro.

Bowser

For your purposes, the MBA is more than enough. The new Ivy Bridge MBAs are quite powerful for such a portable device. I do the same thing you do (minus the photo editing) and I'm still fine with my late 2010 Core 2 Duo MBA (and it's my only machine as well).

Honestly, the MBA + portable external HD + iPad combo is more than enough for me. I don't do PC gaming though, so I don't have that perspective.

brentech

Get a macbook air you disgusting fucking poor

Got my wife a $400 Lenovo essentials notebook. Works like a charm, and since she didn't want the 15.6" size that seems standard for notebooks these days, it was far cheaper than many other options out there currently. Think it's a 14.1"

I actually received 2 of them, the first had a weird ticking noise when the fan kicked on. They said they would send me pre-paid shipping labels to send the original back, but even with me emailing them (as I was told to), they haven't asked for it.

Getting to the point where I'm about to just open it up and fix it, because I'm pretty sure a wire was just being slightly nicked by a fan. Could either replace my old beat laptop and have 2 of my own, or re-sell it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Supplemental draft news:

Earlier today, Baylor/Utah wide receiver Josh Gordon conducted a workout for NFL scouts and executives as he prepares for the NFL Supplemental Draft. The draft is scheduled for this Thursday at 10:00am PT. The draft is not a required draft, and when it does happen, there are usually no more than one or two players selected. Gordon is believed to be the most likely to be drafted, with a fairly high pick to boot.

Caplan confirmed that at least 14 teams attended the workout, but teams that stayed away can request tape. Some reports are getting out about the workout, and it certainly sounds like a solid day for Gordon. He measured in at 6'3, 224 pounds. He ran a 4.52 40, posted a 36-inch vertical leap and 10'1" broad jump, and bench pressed 13 reps.

Reports out of the workout indicated Gordon hurt his quad while running the 40. The good news is that he was able to run through the route tree and apparently didn't drop any passes. It's only one workout, but still worth noting. Adam Caplan described him as strictly an outside receiver. Rumors around the Internwebs seem to indicate the Browns are a favorite to land him.

Adam Caplan's twitter feed said:
Partial list of teams in attendance for Josh Gordon's workout today: #Browns, #Eagles, #Cowboys, #Bears, #Seahawks, #Chiefs, #Colts, #49ers, #Redskins, #Bills, #Texans, #Patriots, #Vikings, #Saints. Need confirmations on others. Teams not in attendance can request tape.

eznark

Banned
I guess I just dislike Macs. I'd rather buy a notebook and put Ubuntu on it.

Oh yeah, I'd never use one myself but I got my wife an 11" macbook air and she loves it. I could probably use a new laptop but I just grabbed an ipad 3 last week and am waiting til October to see how the Surface is. If it runs excel I am done with laptops.

brentech

Yeah, laptops are losing their luster. I often even just go to my iPhone for both neogaf and quick searches unless I plan to spend some decent time with something.

I've become so cheap that I stopped bothering with excel, I just use google docs (well, Google Drive nowdays) for that shit. It's also more convenient, but I understand you're use is probably more for business purposes.

Fox318

LqnDh.png

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

ZMP4J.jpg

Bowser

Yeah, laptops are losing their luster. I often even just go to my iPhone for both neogaf and quick searches unless I plan to spend some decent time with something.

I've become so cheap that I stopped bothering with excel, I just use google docs (well, Google Drive nowdays) for that shit. It's also more convenient, but I understand you're use is probably more for business purposes.

Yeah, I use my iPad for everyday use. The only time I crack out my MBA is when I need flash for a video (and even then, it's becoming increasingly rare) or need to type up a Word doc / use Excel (although I'm trying to get used to using CloudOn). I suspect within the next 2-3 years, I'll be able to go exclusively iPad/iPhone.

Oh yeah, I'd never use one myself but I got my wife an 11" macbook air and she loves it. I could probably use a new laptop but I just grabbed an ipad 3 last week and am waiting til October to see how the Surface is. If it runs excel I am done with laptops.

As I mentioned above, I haven't had extensive use with it, but you should try CloudOn (it's a free app as well):

CloudOn brings Microsoft Office to your tablet. All of it. Of course you can format text, change fonts and catch that typo, but imagine being able to track changes while editing Word documents, use pivot tables and insert formulas in Excel and present your PowerPoint slides complete with transitions.

Another nifty little feature is the ability to view PDFs (including 3d PDFs) and fill out PDF forms on your workspace! You also have a universal viewer that lets you view virtually any file – from raw Photoshop images to everyday image files like PNG, JPEG and GIF.

mza_5164698378646316746.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.tnamkbyj.480x480-75.jpg

bionic77

My 13" MBA is the best laptop I have ever owned.

bionic77

That sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm in.
Post a youtube video apologizing for your sins and renouncing all former ties with the team. Video must be at least 10 minutes in length, 8 of which must be focused on abusing the Pats, Bellicheat, Brady and Pat fans.

I will think on the other terms as well.

Why are you people buying apple devices?

Get yourself a windows/linux dual boot pc and an ICS/JB android tablet.
Because I like them. Been using computers since a 386 and for now I prefer Apple computers, in particular their laptops. Can't give up dat trackpad.

Why do some Windows and Apple fans get butt hurt over how other people spend their money? I think the iPad is stupid but I could care less (eat it eznark!) if other people love it and want to waste their money on it.

Unless Steve Jobs raped you before he died you need to get over it. Remember that whether someone uses Apple, Windows, or Linux isn't what is important. What is important is that we need to remember that the Pats are all that is wrong with the world and focus on energy and thoughts on wishing for their inevitable downfall (i.e. moving to LA and becoming the LA Stars).

Milchjon

Post a youtube video apologizing for your sins and renouncing all former ties with the team. Video must be at least 10 minutes in length, 8 of which must be focused on abusing the Pats, Bellicheat, Brady and Pat fans.

Ten full minutes? Not worth my time, just think of the opportunity costs.

Didn't Tebow teach you how to be a proper missionary?

Bowser

Because I like them. Been using computers since a 386 and for now I prefer Apple computers, in particular their laptops. Can't give up dat trackpad.

Why do some Windows and Apple fans get butt hurt over how other people spend their money? I think the iPad is stupid but I could care less (eat it eznark!) if other people love it and want to waste their money on it.

Unless Steve Jobs raped you before he died you need to get over it. Remember that whether someone uses Apple, Windows, or Linux isn't what is important. What is important is that we need to remember that the Pats are all that is wrong with the world and focus on energy and thoughts on wishing for their inevitable downfall (i.e. moving to LA and becoming the LA Stars).

Y5Cuy.gif

Fox318

lol no. I know you hate Apple tho.

Android
  • Cheaper
  • Better
  • Faster
  • Stronger
  • Sexier
  • Not locked to 1 app store
  • Can download and contribute to open source apps
  • Free Software
  • Good Software
  • Greater customizability
  • Greater range in device type
  • Bigger Devices
  • 16:10 android display is better than the iPads 4:3 for reading and Video. Fuck what the Tested.com guys think about that
  • Humble Indie Bundle and other indie devs are really starting to get on androids boat
  • Custom Roms
  • Custom Kernels
  • Custom Mods
  • Google > mobile me
  • Widgets
  • Android is better at Notifications than Apple
  • ICS and Jelly Bean is so awesome
  • And you never have to deal with Apple.

Bowser

Android
  • Cheaper
    [*]Better
  • Faster
    [*]Stronger
    [*]Sexier
  • Can download and contriubite to open source apps
  • Free Software
    [*]Good Software
  • Greater custimizabilty
  • Bigger Devices
  • 16:10 android display is better than the iPads 4:3 for reading and Video. Fuck what the Tested.com guys think about that
  • Humble Indie Bundle and other indie devs are really starting to get on androids boat
  • Custom Roms
  • Custom Kernels
  • Custom Mods
  • Google > mobile me
  • Widgets
  • Android is better at Notifactations than Apple

lolol

bionic77

Ten full minutes? Not worth my time, just think of the opportunity costs.

Didn't Tebow teach you how to be a proper missionary?
You also have to have sex with the Steelers chick with the funky armpit hair. And you have to get a tattoo of Ben and James Harrison (just their names and jersey numbers) in addition to the Steelers logo. I don't think that is too much to ask in exchange for a $3k laptop.

The sex with hairy Steelers girl sounds gross but its part of the initiation. It bonds all of us together. And the hair has some benefits. Really gives you something to hold onto if you want to try some more adventurous shit.

And btw don't blaspheme concerning the Lord Tebow. He wouldn't know anything about the missionary position considering he is a virgin and role model.

bionic77

Android
  • Cheaper
  • Better
  • Faster
  • Stronger
  • Sexier
  • Free Software
  • Good Software
  • Greater custimizabilty
  • Bigger Devices
  • Custom Roms
  • Custom Kernels
  • Custom Mods
  • Google > mobile me
  • Widgets
    [*]ICS and Jelly Bean is so awesome
ICS must be pretty awesome considering what, like 5% of Android users have upgraded!

Carry on the smartphone war dude. I am sure Apple and Google really give a fuck!

Milchjon

Android
  • Cheaper
  • Better
  • Faster
  • Stronger
  • Sexier
  • Free Software
  • Good Software
  • Greater custimizabilty
  • Bigger Devices
  • Custom Roms
  • Custom Kernels
  • Custom Mods
  • Google > mobile me
  • Widgets

I love how whenever fanboy urges take over and someone just starts rattling off "facts", you can always identify it from afar just from the increased number of typos.

Just an observation, I'm the same way.

bionic77

I love how whenever fanboy urges take over and someone just starts rattling off "facts", you can always identify it from afar just from the increased number of typos.

Just an observation, I'm the same way.
I really can't help but troll (I really don't give a fuck), he wouldn't have had that many typos if he was doing that shit from a Mac instead of the Windows 98 POS he is probably typing from seeing as how all Macs have spell check built into the OS.

That said I can't really stand Mac or PC fanboys. I could easily see myself moving back to Windows in the future if I found hardware that I liked and if it surpassed OS X (in the ways that matter to me). I am already pretty tempted to buy a small Win8 box and use it as a HTPC. I don't get company loyalty. Now that I have money I just buy what I want and like.

Top Bottom