• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Nameless

whoa nameless, havent seen you around forever. how you been dude? btw - did you not post during the entire niners playoff run? damn.

Meth! I banned myself from GAF for a while but life is crispier than one of Nolan's suit's, breh.

sp_49ers10_0073_kw.jpeg

Yeah, I missed the resurrection, but on 2/3/2013 we disciples of the Team of Light shall ascend to the stars, leaving heretics, bathroom rapists and the people who support them behind to suffer an apocalyptic existence here on Earth.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was just telling him that the other day! the original tri-force is back together i want to cry

49ers-o.gif

cdyhybrid

Meth! I banned myself from GAF for a while but life is crispier than one of Nolan's suit's, breh.

http://thegatsbyeffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/sp_49ers10_0073_kw.jpeg[img]

Yeah, I missed the resurrection, but on [B]2/3/2012[/B] we disciples of the Team of Light shall ascend to the stars, leaving heretics, bathroom rapists and the people who support them behind to suffer an apocalyptic existence here on Earth.

[IMG]http://gifsoup.com/view/605214/49ers-o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

You're travelling back in time!?

squicken

Remember when Brady took less money to help the team sign other players and they were constantly $10m under the cap anyway? Remember when he hugged Jeff Saturday as they signed the CBA, being consoled after Myra's death? Or how the Pats wore patches and were going to win one in her memory?

And now he's banging 20 year old actresses. He's like the poster boy for disingenuous labor-crushing billionaires.

Remember when Brady took less money to help the team sign other players and they were constantly $10m under the cap anyway? Remember when he hugged Jeff Saturday as they signed the CBA, being consoled after Myra's death? Or how the Pats wore patches and were going to win one in her memory?

And now he's banging 20 year old actresses. He's like the poster boy for disingenuous labor-crushing billionaires.

I wanna be like Kraft when I grow up.

Milchjon

I'm not sure I can agree with you calling her an actress.

And Brady finds other ways to make money.
Shit, you're right, they should've given him more.

Edit: This post and the following ones are very symptomatic.

Milchjon

I think some of these are attempts at reductio ad absurdum

I'd hope so, but I'm not that optimistic after the past few months.

Go undrafted, shittalk one of the best in the game. I like that kid already.

Cole Beasley about comparisons to Wes Welker said:
"I get tired of it a little bit because I feel like I have a little bit more speed than Wes Welker does. He’s got a little bigger frame than me but I feel like I’ve got a little more versatility to my game than he does.

Cole Beasley about THAT pass in the SB said:
Oh yeah. You got to catch that one

And a $1500 signing bonus in the NFL? :jnc

K-19

Banned
Few years after I am on Windows 7!!

Otherwise, I'd heard people around here talking about madden games very badly. So, is it interesting to buy madden 2013 70$ or not?

Striker

I'd really like to take a shot with Josh Gordon.
I'm a bit surprise they didn't address the WR or TE spot. They have some young guys like Greg Little and Jordan Cameron, but Watson is fairly marginal at this point, and Massaquoi had some concussion problems. Having McCoy and Delhomme hasn't helped, I'm sure.

If they get somebody like Gordon, it can at least look like a competent lineup, assuming Weeden turns out decent. Cribbs, Little, Massaquoi, Gordon, Watson, Moore, Cameron. I don't know a lot about Gordon, though. Is he similar to Plax or a big down field threat?

Few years after I am on Windows 7!!

Otherwise, I'd heard people around here talking about madden games very badly. So, is it interesting to buy madden 2013 70$ or not?

The Madden games are fun, but not nearly as good as the FIFA games. If you want to buy a Madden game just to see how it is, just buy Madden '10 or Madden '11, not much has changed since then and they are much cheaper.

The Madden games are fun, but not nearly as good as the FIFA games. If you want to buy a Madden game just to see how it is, just buy Madden '10 or Madden '11, not much has changed since then and they are much cheaper.

This post is not true. I thought 12 was a big improvement over 10/11, and in 13 they are adding a bunch of online features that people have been asking for for years. If he has a 360 I think there is a demo for 12 up that he could try if he just wants to get a feel for the games before 13 comes out.

bionic77

This post is not true. I thought 12 was a big improvement over 10/11, and in 13 they are adding a bunch of online features that people have been asking for for years. If he has a 360 I think there is a demo for 12 up that he could try if he just wants to get a feel for the games before 13 comes out.
I will rarely agree with a Pats fan, but he is right that FIFA is vastly superior to Madden as a game. I don't know how, but I even feel the graphics are better. Gameplay is also objectively better in FIFA.

I didn't play 12 (I haven't played either Madden or FIFA since 10) but I am sure nothing fundamentally changed regarding the gameplay. All of these sports games continue to use the same engines with a few tweaks each year.

The one thing I can't compare between the two is online gameplay and which plays better online. I feel like Madden probably would because of how it plays, but I really can't say that with a lot of certainty.

I will rarely agree with a Pats fan, but he is right that FIFA is vastly superior to Madden as a game. I don't know how, but I even feel the graphics are better. Gameplay is also objectively better in FIFA.

I didn't play 12 (I haven't played either Madden or FIFA since 10) but I am sure nothing fundamentally changed regarding the gameplay. All of these sports games continue to use the same engines with a few tweaks each year.

The one thing I can't compare between the two is online gameplay and which plays better online. I feel like Madden probably would because of how it plays, but I really can't say that with a lot of certainty.

I dont know anything about Fifa and I wasnt replying to that part of his post, just him saying that the Maddens games are all the same and they havent changed anything.

Has madden 10 a multi pass?

EA has shut down the Madden 10 servers.

This post is not true.

Lol, okay.

EA has been adding nothing drastically new to the games for the last couple of years, still all the same animations, Gus Johnson has the same lines for 3 years now, graphics barely changed, still the same stupid super INT's and all the game modes barely changed.

Maybe if you play in an online league you really notice big changes, but besides that, still pretty much the same game. (Gonna start about FIFA again) If you look at how FIFA evolved over the last couple of years, you'll see how Madden has been standing still. EA needs competition on the Football market to force them to step their game up.

But if our French friend really wants to get into it and has some extra money laying around, he should just buy the latest game and see how he likes it, but otherwise he could just pick up an older game to get a feel for it.

bionic77

I dont know anything about Fifa and I wasnt replying to that part of his post, just him saying that the Maddens games are all the same and they havent changed anything.
Basically they are. So are the FIFA games.

Same engine as far as I know with just a few tweaks and roster changes each year.

EA has shut down the Madden 10 servers.

Lol, okay.

EA has been adding nothing drastically new to the games for the last couple of years, still all the same animations, Gus Johnson has the same lines for 3 years now, graphics barely changed, still the same stupid super INT's and all the game modes barely changed.

Maybe if you play in an online league you really notice big changes, but besides that, still pretty much the same game. (Gonna start about FIFA again) If you look at how FIFA evolved over the last couple of years, you'll see how Madden has been standing still. EA needs competition on the Football market to force them to step their game up.

But if our French friend really wants to get into it and has some extra money laying around, he should just buy the latest game and see how he likes it, but otherwise he could just pick up an older game to get a feel for it.

How has Fifa changed the last few years? Sports games are sports games, you are not going to get huge changes within a console gen. EA has gotten a new team to do Madden and they are adding new online features this year, after improving the graphics last year. I am not really sure what they could do to change it in a radical way. Even when 2K was making football games they didnt make huge changes from year to year.

bionic77

How has Fifa changed the last few years? Sports games are sports games, you are not going to get huge changes within a console gen. EA has gotten a new team to do Madden and they are adding new online features this year, after improving the graphics last year. I am not really sure what they could do to change it in a radical way. Even when 2K was making football games they didnt make huge changes from year to year.
The NFL needs to give a license to Konami to make NFL games so that they can come up with an entire new gameplay system that EA then steals and adds features to move the franchise forward.

That is how FIFA was saved.

K-19

Banned
Is there some people here who would be interested to buy the latest madden or the 12 to play together, make mini-tournament? What do you think about that guys?

Fox318

The NFL needs to give a license to Konami to make NFL games so that they can come up with an entire new gameplay system that EA then steals and adds features to move the franchise forward.

That is how FIFA was saved.

You ready for NFL Pachinko machines?

Sokantish

Is there some people here who would be interested to buy the latest madden or the 12 to play together, make mini-tournament? What do you think about that guys?

Online Franchise makes Madden a lot more enjoyable, at least for me. I would have burned out on the game a long time ago if I only played local. There's even an Online Franchise on NeoGAF but I think it might already be full for 13, and they all quit 12 by now.

squicken

I feel bad for you ignorant heathens. Not every Konami game is MGS.

You missed out on Pro Evo/Winning Eleven last gen. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. I have no idea how Konami fucked it up this gen. Shit got arcadey as fuck.

All the Wii fans really liked those games. But then maybe that style works well with 500 ms input lag

bionic77

All the Wii fans really liked those games. But then maybe that style works well with 500 ms input lag
I was talking about the PS2 version specifically.

Wii game is something else entirely. It is pretty brilliant but I did not get the same enjoyment out of it because no one I know has ever played it or was interested in it. The people I know who are into soccer games all had it on PS3.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I feel bad for you ignorant heathens. Not every Konami game is MGS.

You missed out on Pro Evo/Winning Eleven last gen. Probably one of my favorite games of all time.
Konami does baseball games pretty damn good as well.

On a different note, Mel Kiper signs 6 year deal with ESPN:
"Nobody personifies the NFL draft like Mel Kiper," Gross said. "He's incredibly well-respected by viewers and teams."
iGwCqF0yvITyu.png

squicken

He's not as good as a lot of other guys but it's not about being good at scouting. It's about sounding like you know what you are doing on TV. Hell they could just hire all the smart internet guys and have them write copy for Mel if they really wanted to

eznark

Banned
I actually think Kiper is generally good at scouting, he's just atrocious as diagnosing NFL team needs which makes his mock's mostly useless. More often than not his player evaluations are pretty solid, especially linemen and defensive front 7.

Top Bottom