• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Dragon

Banned
Jared Allen should replace the main character in every movie. It might just make shitty movies like Prometheus and Drive good.

Drive is a mixed bag. I know why people dislike the movie but calling it shitty is a bit much. The soundtrack alone is awesome.

I just noticed when you search Jared Allen the first link's title is "Jared Allen 69". Love it.

Big-E

Doesn't surprise me that attendance is down. I can only speak about the Seahawks as that is the only team within driving distance of me and going to games is actually a little boring. During my drive to the game, the morning games are already started and over so I have missed that and then I only get to to see the Seahawks play in the afternoon. The stadium is ok but way too many people order the fucking garlic fires with the fake garlic shit on them so people just reek all over the place. Football itself at a stadium has way too many breaks that are broken up with nothing. Football and I will also say basketball is the only sport that is better with the tv. Baseball and hockey both gain something from seeing it live but football and basketball lose it.

squicken

Doesn't surprise me that attendance is down. I can only speak about the Seahawks as that is the only team within driving distance of me and going to games is actually a little boring. During my drive to the game, the morning games are already started and over so I have missed that and then I only get to to see the Seahawks play in the afternoon. The stadium is ok but way too many people order the fucking garlic fires with the fake garlic shit on them so people just reek all over the place. Football itself at a stadium has way too many breaks that are broken up with nothing. Football and I will also say basketball is the only sport that is better with the tv. Baseball and hockey both gain something from seeing it live but football and basketball lose it.

Basketball is really good in person but you have to have good seats

Slo

The only "away" game I've been to was in Green Bay, and the experience was amazing. The tailgating was amazing, and so was the stadium. I'd gladly open my wallet up every weekend for that type of experience. The Metrodome experience, on the other hand, makes me regret buying tickets more often then not. Hell, I'd even say that watching the game at a sports bar is a better experience than that place.

Big-E

The only "away" game I've been to was in Green Bay, and the experience was amazing. The tailgating was amazing, and so was the stadium. I'd gladly open my wallet up every weekend for that type of experience. The Metrodome experience, on the other hand, makes me regret buying tickets more often then not. Hell, I'd even say that watching the game at a sports bar is a better experience than that place.

Seattle doesn't have much pre game fare, at least not outside the stadium so you don't really get that much atmosphere. I am sure seeing a game in Green Bay would be more fun.

Dragon

Banned
I've only been to Foxboro/Gillette and Bank of America Stadium here in Charlotte. The Panthers fans were so distraught over Jimmy Claussen during a preseason game that I was actively trying to encourage them to cheer up. It was pretty pathetic.

squicken

The thing about Lando and Arrowhead is that they re-create the college atmosphere pretty well. College games were fun to attend b/c the crowd actually goes nuts and yells and is enthusiastic. But you start selling tickets to rich people and they sit down and don't cheer and the stadium starts piping in noise and music.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watching the ESPINS and we need to change the name of the thread to "NFL Off-Season |OT3| Matt Stafford is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty."

EDIT: Beaten.

brentech

So, here it is, all fixed up 5 days after surgery.
Ended up with 12 screws and a bigger plate.

iseFo.jpg

Got my walking boot today. Not meant to put pressure on it for a while yet though, still have to use crutches. Good part, I can take it off and let my leg breath for the first time in weeks.

Slo

So, here it is, all fixed up 5 days after surgery.
Ended up with 12 screws and a bigger plate.

iseFo.jpg

Got my walking boot today. Not meant to put pressure on it for a while yet though, still have to use crutches. Good part, I can take it off and let my leg breath for the first time in weeks.

Yikes, that looks painful.

squicken

Amazon is going to move in to same day delivery? I've always said, when we have to choose sides in the coming corporate takeover of world governance, I'm going Amazon. We'll crush you Googlers and Apple Freaks

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My cousin has been getting screws put into/taken out of her ankle for like 6 months now. I hope you fare better.

Onto important qb news:
3a9dW.jpg

I'm eagerly looking forward to the games in TCF and Viking stadium after that.

Metrodome is so balls.

eznark

Banned
Amazon is going to move in to same day delivery? I've always said, when we have to choose sides in the coming corporate takeover of world governance, I'm going Amazon. We'll crush you Googlers and Apple Freaks

I'm close enough to a center that I already have same day delivery!

there is a clam defense force on youtube.
They invaded my google+

squicken

I'm close enough to a center that I already have same day delivery!

+

BOOOOOOO

Like half my stuff comes from Lexington so I guess that's you. As far as I know austin and dallas are where they are going in TX. Not sure Houston will be getting same day any time soon. For now I'm sort of off amazon b/c of the taxes. Newegg beats them on price most of the time, and 3 days versus 2 isn't a deal breaker on delivery

brentech

edit: damn Brent that's a lot of screws. You really fucked yourself up. I can't believe you aren't in a cast or something. I guess that's what the screws do
you should see the stitches. It's quite Frankenstein-ish.

The screws are meant to be for life, so unless I suddenly start having a problem with it, my hardware is permanent.

brentech

They don't think I'll even require PT. Once I get range back in my ankle, I'm supposed to flex/rotate it at home out of the boot. Then start walking in the boot whenever they say that's okay, then 6-8 weeks I should be able to walk on the foot unprotected.

A serious break, but a fairly fast turn around imo. I'll just say 10 weeks to be safe.

JABEE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-against-vilma-for-pursuing-defamation-case/

Vilma has disclosed on Twitter that the league has asked him, perhaps not politely, to abandon the case.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the more accurate description is that the NFL has filed a grievance under the CBA against the NFLPA and Vilma seeking an order forcing Vilma to dismiss his defamation suit. On Wednesday, lawyer Peter Ginsberg informed the league that Vilma will not be withdrawing the defamation suit, arguing that the grievance filed by the league has no merit.
The grievance “constitutes an improper effort to interfere with a pending judicial matter,” Ginsberg writes in his letter to Dennis Curran, NFL Sr. Vice President of Labor Litigation & Policy. “If you pursue the Grievance, we will consider seeking sanctions against the NFL [Management Council] before Honorable Helen G. Berrigan . . . based on NFLMC’s improper attempt to obstruct a pending judicial action in which it is not a party.”

https://twitter.com/JonVilma51/stat...3235089520275456&tw_e=details&tw_p=tweetembed

Jon Vilma said:
The nfl sent me a letter "demanding" I drop my defamation suit or else...lol or else wat?!?? They no likey me lawsuitey
hahaha
This fight is going to get interesting.

Walsh

Banned
I just want to express my hate for steeler fans who live in Ohio. I still remember constantly seeing steeler flags on car windows and antennas, and even steeler flags waving proudly in front of homes 20 minutes east of Cleveland.

I am sure some of them were born in the Pittsburgh area and migrated to Ohio for god knows what, but I know some of them have been living in ohio all their lives. And still root for Pitt over Cleveland or even Cincinnati.

Nothing irks me more in this life.

Top Bottom