• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Fox318

Why would you punish the womans basketball team for this? Every sports team would be dropped from what ever league/conference they are in over a 10 year ban.

It was a cover up by the University administration on the highest level. Not just the football coach and team. This is bigger than Southern Methodist and an example needs to be sent down that the point of a university is for the betterment of society and humanity or as Penn State would put it: "Making Life Better". Penn State forgot that and was blinded by an ignorant community that put a football team and money over the lives of children and the teenagers they were trying to turn into adults. They covered up a monster so that on Saturday they could still throw a leather ball around. Penn State was founded to help people and the local community, they can still do that without a football team if that's what the community really cares about.

No punishment is to harsh. They could close the university and it still wouldn't suffice for the sins the school committed.

Which NFL team would have been most likely to pull a Penn St and cover up for a pedophile? I vote for the Steelers.

daniel-snyder.png

eznark

Banned
smu slightly recovered. but they arent the same as penn st. smu basically sucked for all their life outside the years they werent buying players. penn st has tradition, long historied tradition. this taint wont last forever. fuck i wouldnt be shocked if the only people talking about it 3-4 years is internet trolls/nerds.

SMU also didn't get the death penalty for turning its football program into a pedophilic sex slave operation.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. Not like anyone associates the Catholic Church with little boy rapers.

JoePA's entire legacy is tainted with this sex scandal now. Recruits will associate his name with this for decades afterward. He may as well have raped those boys considering.

I doubt highly that the NCAA does nothing, especially now that he's dead.

JoePA's entire legacy is tainted with this sex scandal now. Recruits will associate his name with this for decades afterward. He may as well have raped those boys considering.

I doubt highly that the NCAA does nothing, especially now that he's dead.

The NCAA has already said that PSU will have to answer for this, they are going to do something the question is just how much.

eznark

Banned
PSU has to get the death penalty. There's no way around it. SMU got the death penalty for enriching the lives and families of a few kids. Penn State facilitated and institutionalized child rape.

Milchjon

smu slightly recovered. but they arent the same as penn st. smu basically sucked for all their life outside the years they werent buying players. penn st has tradition, long historied tradition. this taint wont last forever. fuck i wouldnt be shocked if the only people talking about it 3-4 years is internet trolls/nerds.

You can't possibly believe that. Decades of pedophiliac rape won't just be forgotten. This isn't a sports issue like SMU.

I tend to agree with what Fox said.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The NCAA isn't going to do jack squat. They're an impotent organization, they don't even have any input on how they're champions are picked. They'll put out some pr saying that the authorities will take care of it, etc. For as much as I feel that Roger Goodell has too much power, the NCAA has too little. They depend on corrupted committees when they should have a commissioner like the major sports and let him take action on whatever he feels necessary.

The NCAA isn't going to do jack squat. They're an impotent organization, they don't even have any input on how they're champions are picked. They'll put out some pr saying that the authorities will take care of it, etc. For as much as I feel that Roger Goodell has too much power, the NCAA has too little. They depend on corrupted committees when they should have a commissioner like the major sports and let him take action on whatever he feels necessary.

They CAN'T do nothing. NCAA definitely isn't going to allow any negativity or criticism transfer to them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What's this about Matt Millen?

I'm just seeing some reaction on twitter, seems he's gone off the deep end in regards to the Penn State stuff.

Paterno knew about it and did nothing.He and anyone else who did nothing is just as guilty.

I think it's worse than "he did nothing." I get the impression he was instrumental in trying to keep the whole thing under wraps or at least hoped the other idiot school leaders could keep it quiet. The only smart thing he did was refuse to have his own email address and write his own emails. To me, the man died of a guilty conscience just as much as he died of cancer.

Fuck Penn State. I hope the police track down those brainwashed kids who staged rallies in defenses of Pedo-Defender and have them charged with criminal stupidity. While they're at it, create a moratorium on disgusting Facebook posts from people that defend the school.

If I ever become so blindingly loyal to an organization, team, school, company, etc. that Im willing to defend pedophilia just shoot me in the head, please.

jakncoke

Banned
You're just like all the other blind, nut-hugging PSU fans who think this isn't anything big and it will be swept under the rug. News flash: it's huge, and no it won't be. And that stupid ass statue should be taken down as well.

It's huge i know, we should be punished big time. I just don't think humans as a whole give a fuck aside from bs and wanting to look good among their peers. I also think NCAA is a fucking joke and will likely just eat a lot of our scholarships and bowl ban us for like 2-3 years.

Bowser

BTW, Saints owner Tom Benson has hired Freeh to investigate the Saints as well:

As we noted last month, Saints owner Tom Benson has hired Freeh to conduct a top-to-bottom investigation of the Saints, focusing both on the accusation that Saints G.M. Mickey Loomis rigged his box at the Superdome to allow him to eavesdrop on opposing coaches, and on the bounty case.

From all indications, Freeh conducted a thorough investigation that pulled no punches and did no favors to anyone at Penn State. He and his investigative team appeared interested only in getting to the truth of what happened, and not at all in protecting Paterno, former Penn State administrators, or anyone whose reputation might be damaged by the investigation’s findings.

Given that, it’s fair to conclude that if there’s dirt to be found with the Saints, Freeh will find it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/12/louis-freehs-next-task-investigating-the-saints/

It's huge i know, we should be punished big time. I just don't think humans as a whole give a fuck aside from bs and wanting to look good among their peers. I also think NCAA is a fucking joke and will likely just eat a lot of our scholarships and bowl ban us for like 2-3 years.

Humans as a whole don't give a fuck about children being raped? I like you and all, but as a former victim of molestation, I'd like to say (as nicely as possible because Im just being emotional now), fuck you.

jakncoke

Banned
Humans as a whole don't give a fuck about children being raped? I like you and all, but as a former victim of molestation, I'd like to say (as nicely as possible because Im just being emotional now), fuck you.

humans are fucking scum dude, thats why i hate them with a passion. aside from fake outrage i truly believe people dont give a fuck.

Don't be so sure

Nope, I disagree. Because of all of the outcry and fallout because of this incident, Penn State's role in this will be remembered for a very long time.

Let's take a tally:
1 man will die in jail, knowing he's a child rapist.
1 man is already dead, he died knowing he is a pedophiliac rape enabler.
2 men are about to go to jail knowing that they are pedophiliac rape enablers.
1 school which will forever be known as PedoU, and even if they somehow luck out of NCAA sanctions, will still have to deal with the financial ramifications of this event for a very, very, very long time.

And most importantly,
(At least) 8 men, who will be forever scarred physically, emotionally, socially, because they were taken advantage of by a man whom they trusted.

That's not the kind of crap that gets swept under the rug. And it shouldn't be. Penn State should be made a example of, so that this can never happen at another college campus (or anywhere, for that matter) again.

humans are fucking scum dude, thats why i hate them with a passion. aside from fake outrage i truly believe people dont give a fuck.

You couldnt be more wrong. People definitely care about what happened. People donate money to helping victums of abuse, people getting upset about this in the first place is the only reason it even becamse a big deal. The people that dont care and are willing to just sweep this aside are the minority by far.

eznark

Banned

In what was is the NCAA impotent? Ohio St. got gutted over a few tattoos. This is a university facilitating kiddie rape.

jakncoke

Banned
You couldnt be more wrong. People definitely care about what happened. People donate money to helping victums of abuse, people getting upset about this in the first place is the only reason it even becamse a big deal. The people that dont care and are willing to just sweep this aside are the minority by far.

i have no faith in humanity, cancer of earth. so i'll always negative in that light.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like I got a lot of reading to do when I get home about what transpired today.

Also just 5 minutes until the supplemental draft and the Browns probably throw away too high a pick on Josh Gordon...

jakncoke

Banned
Looks like I got a lot of reading to do when I get home about what transpired today.

Also just 5 minutes until the supplemental draft and the Browns probably throw away too high a pick on Josh Gordon...

2nd-3rd rounder to get a nice wr prospect in your sea of terrible wrs isnt that high.

Milchjon

Humans are more complex than you posit. I'm a pessimistic cynic, but for every asshole, there's an awesome human being. Look at what humanity has accomplished, it's stunning, even if you include the negative aspects.

Maybe you should really get out of Ohio for a different perspective ;-)

What team is the greatest contestant of the Pats? I want tip my hate out too, guys.

Hate the Giants, Jets, Steelers, Ravens. At least that's what I do.

The NFL rulebook.

Aw man. :jnc

Draxal

In what was is the NCAA impotent? Ohio St. got gutted over a few tattoos. This is a university facilitating kiddie rape.

It's because of how stupid the manual is (it doesn't have rape included-Notre Dame for example has a shit ton of sexual assaults) but it does include tattoos/cars/drugs and that stuff. They could go after them but PSU would be able to sue back. However, I don't think it will come to that, I think there's going to be alot of backdoor dealing before it hits that stage.

Penn State is probably going to hit by the Department of Education for the violating the Clery Act first, so the NCAA won't have to do anything. Freeh made mention of Clery nonstop in his report/press conference.

eznark

Banned
It's because of how stupid the manual is (it doesn't have rape included-Notre Dame for example has a shit ton of sexual assaults) but it does include tattoos/cars/drugs and that stuff. They could go after them but PSU would be able to sue back. However, I don't think it will come to that, I think there's going to be alot of backdoor dealing before it hits that stage.

Penn State is probably going to hit by the Department of Education for the violating the Clery Act first, so the NCAA won't have to do anything. Freeh made mention of Clery nonstop in his report/press conference.

There is an extremely broad moral clause which I'm pretty sure covers running a kid-rape mill.

Top Bottom