• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

bionic77

2dalnac_medium.gif
There are going to be some epic exchanges between Haley and Ben this year on their unstoppable march to the Superbowl.

Everyone knows that conflict and/or virginity breeds success. We won't have virginity but we will have the conflict!

Milchjon

There are going to be some epic exchanges between Haley and Ben this year on their unstoppable march to the Superbowl.

Everyone knows that conflict and/or virginity breeds success. We won't have virginity but we will have the conflict!

It just occured to me that Ben might be on his way to fatherhood.

This fact scares me.

Fox318

We have Tebow.

We will destroy all.

squicken

We have Tebow.

We will destroy all.

bionic acting like he didn't insult Tebow for quite awhile is one thing. But your body of work on that spans months. Even Broncos fans slander him now. I'm not sure how many people here were rooting for him the whole time. Not that many

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In what was is the NCAA impotent? Ohio St. got gutted over a few tattoos. This is a university facilitating kiddie rape.
Yeah. Losing to Michigan and then getting Urban Meyer...

I hope the NCAA does something, but I don't think they have the stones.
I need a good Game of Thrones related fantasy football team name. Help.
Dat Lannister Gold
The Direwolves of Stark
The Greyjoy :blarrys

bionic77

bionic acting like he didn't insult Tebow for quite awhile is one thing. But your body of work on that spans months. Even Broncos fans slander him now. I'm not sure how many people here were rooting for him the whole time. Not that many
Huh? I was a fan after the 2nd or 3rd miracle.

I have been rooting for him since day 1 and I still am.

squicken

lol Sanchez. Fox couldn't resist

Yesterday’s roughly two-hour workout in the late morning was guarded by five uniformed Orange County Sheriff’s Department deputies (one of them openly sporting a shotgun) in four marked vehicles, as well as several other plainclothes officers at the entrances.

While the Jets worked out in shorts and without helmets on the sunken field below, Sanchez’s security detail wrapped bright yellow police tape around the entire stadium and patrolled the parking lots and any potential vantage points.

Only people with credentials — a green wristband — were allowed inside, and while that list included one fan with a green Tim Tebow No. 15 jersey shirt, it most definitely didn’t include reporters or photographers.

What made the extremely tight security amusing is that for most of the morning, the officers outnumbered the would-be spectators not on the invite list as no more than a handful — mostly teens attending summer school or athletic camps — trickled by.

Though the police might have seemed necessary to deal with an influx of Tebow Mania, which suddenly reared up in the form of nearly a dozen autograph-seekers when he came off the field, tight end Dustin Keller said Tebow’s presence had nothing to do with it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets..._workout_HTu0vQtAamBYtAOTT2Zr5H#ixzz20RA24J9B

No one cares about his little camp out west. They just see Tebow and come running

bionic77

fuck tim tebow always and forever.
Even though you are an idiot and are completely wrong Tebow still forgives you.

I can't wait until he is our President. This nation can't afford to wait until he is the first 6 time Superbowl champion (he rested on the 7th Superbowl) or for him to get to 35. We need a Tebow amendment to the constitution to remove the age and term limit (just for Tebow).

RBH

The Cleveland Browns drafted Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon in the second round of the 2012 supplemental draft.

The Browns will lose their second round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft as a result of this move.

It will be very interesting to see what impact Gordon, who only has one true season of college football under his belt, will have for the Browns in 2012 ... as well as the caliber of talent available when Cleveland would have selected in the second round next April.

The reaction by others throughout the league following the Browns selection was equal parts surprise and negative.

Said one high-ranking NFL executive speaking on the condition of anonymity, "I was stunned that [the Browns] took [Gordon] that high. What a roll of the dice... and in the second round? That's the No. 34 overall pick!"

Another showed his reaction to the news via a text: "Desperate move. Wow. Staff is on the hot seat trying to make something happen..."

Former league executive Tony Softli, who last served as the Vice President of player personnel for the St. Louis Rams and previously as the director of college scouting for the Carolina Panthers, had this to say about the selection on Twitter: "Cleveland Browns make a pivotal decision in 2012 Supplemental Draft that could have a negative rippling effect on front office and coaches"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rowns-take-baylor-wr-josh-gordon-in-2nd-round

RBH

Bengals season ticket holders were emailed a “special invitation” to attend a pep rally and concert to mark the football team holding its training camp in Cincinnati for the first time. Tickets cost $10 – and a blog usually critical of the Bengals, WhoDeyRevolution, went on the attack, sneering: “it shows even when the Bengals try to reward their most loyal stakeholders, they can’t resist squeezing out a few bucks.”

Whoa, says Bengals spokesman Jeff Berding, who authored the invitation email. He says the blog’s criticism is akin to unnecessary roughness, considering that the Bengals organization will incur costs “north of six figures” to pay for a local band, fireworks, security and other expenses. The 10 bucks just helps defray those costs and a focus group thought the fee was nothing to fuss about, Berding said.

“I think most people think this is a pretty neat thing,” Berding said.
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/07/09/is-bengals-pep-rally-criticism-fair/

RBH

On Saturday afternoon at SouthPark Mall in Charlotte, Cam Newton will be glad to sign an autograph for you.

It’s going to cost you, though – $125 if he’s signing a photo, $150 if he’s signing a football and $175 if he’s signing a jersey. If you want an inscription like “To John, Best Wishes” added to the signature, that costs an extra $50.

“It’s not a cheap hobby,” said Gary Takahashi, whose Hawaii-based company has Newton under a multi-year contract for autograph shows. His company will run the “for-profit” show at SouthPark. Saturday’s event is not a charitable endeavor and no one is pretending that it is. “We are not a charity,” Takahashi said. “We are a business.”

Newton’s marketing agent, Carlos Fleming, said his agent decided to do the autographing session because of all of the fake sports memorabilia on the market:

“I’ve been with Cam before and he’s seen something with his name already on it and said, ‘That’s not my signature.’ I’ve seen 10-year-old girls begging him to sign a mini-helmet, and then you look behind them and they have a bag full of 20 more mini-helmets for different teams.”
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/12/3377219/cam-newton-selling-autographs.html#storylink=cpy

squicken

Clark Judge at CBSSports tore them up as well.

Browns jumped way too high to take Gordon

By Clark Judge | Senior NFL Columnist
July 12, 2012 3:00 pm ET

10 | Comments

I didn't realize how much the loss of Baylor wideout Kendall Wright to Tennessee in this year's draft flummoxed the Cleveland Browns, but now I do. It was a setback from which they still haven't recovered.

The proof? Their choice Thursday of Baylor receiver Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. It's not that choosing Gordon is a bad idea, and it's not that choosing a wide receiver is a bad idea. But choosing this wide receiver with a second-round pick is a bad idea. It's a panic move that makes no sense.

OK, OK, I understand the Browns need another pair of hands like Barnes needs Noble, but a second-round draft pick for Josh Gordon? Puh-leeze. These are the Cleveland Browns, people, and they're not only the fourth-best team in the AFC North; they could be one of the worst teams in the NFL, period.

That means they should be in line for a high choice in next year's draft, which means ... uh-huh, that second-round pick they just sacrified? It should be a high second-rounder. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if the Browns finish with one of the worst three records in the league.

OK, so that's a doom-and-gloom scenario, but tell me they're better than Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati in they're division ... because they're not. And tell me they beat Philadelphia or the Giants or Dallas or Denver and San Diego with the league's third most difficult schedule ... because they won't. I'm sorry, but I don't see much hope this season, and after what just happened, I don't know if I see much hope in the forseeable future.

As I said, I understand the Browns' position at wide receiver. They can't have enough. But the draft is all about getting value for your pick, and the Browns just flunked the exam. Josh Gordon is not second-round value, especially where Cleveland is liable to choose next April.

I don't know, but it sure looks as if not getting Wright made the Browns go wrong. They had a golden opportunity to inject life into a struggling offense with two first-round picks in this year's draft and made the wise choice with running back Trent Richardson at the fourth spot. But then they waited on Wright with the 22nd pick, and that was a mistake. The guy went to Tennessee at the 20th spot, which threw the Browns into such a funk they chose Brandon Weeden -- a quarterback who turns 29 this season -- two spots later.

The Browns didn't need another quarterback. They needed a playmaker like Wright, and if they had a conviction about him -- which, president Mike Holmgren admitted later, they did -- they should have acted on it. They should have maneuvered to take him in front of potential suitors like Tennessee.

But they didn't and suffered the consequences.

So they wait three months and take another Baylor receiver -- only one who's not as good and who didn't play last season. When the Browns got stiffed on Wright, they should have found another piece to plug into an offense that needs help everywhere -- maybe an offensive lineman like a David DeCastro or Riley Reiff or Kevin Zeitler. But, instead, they opted for a quarterback to replace Colt McCoy, whom they took in the third round two years ago.

I don't care what you think of McCoy, but no quarterback in Cleveland stands a chance without a supporting cast that wasn't there last season. I don't know how good McCoy is or isn't because he didn't have guys around him to make him better. He deserved a chance that he won't get. Weeden will and good luck.

Choosing Richardson to improve an awful rushing attack was a start, but the Browns are desperate for playmakers -- so desperate that they wasted what is sure to be a high draft pick on a receiver who, when he did play two years ago, was little more than ordinary.

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. This is how fourth-place clubs stay in fourth place. Which is another way of saying, ladies and gentlemen, your Cleveland Browns.

squicken

I remember how Bradford struggled against the Gators.

Couldn't stop Percy Harvin and Joe Haden just shut down his side of the field. OU never could get SEC speed. People make fun of Stoops the coach but it's Stoops the recruiter that has really bombed. Now they don't even have WAC speed

Godslay

Banned

I liked Tebow from the very beginning. Although he was drafted too high. I rooted for him the entire time. I still hope he has success in whatever he ends up doing.

Just a terrible offseason for the Browns. Got used by the Rams in their attempt at the #2 pick and now they go way too high for this guy to get something out there at WR. Also, they are still in Cleveland.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Both those reports can eat a bag of dicks as it was once said in here.

Make up your mind, we should reach for a WR in the draft because we lack them but reach here and it's a terrible move?

MechDX

Both those reports can eat a bag of dicks as it was once said in here.

Make up your mind, we should reach for a WR in the draft because we lack them but reach here and it's a terrible move?

The guy has had issues with the law since he was a sophmore in HS and hasnt played any ball in over a year. Yeah, its a reach.

I'm going to that one! Battle Red day is getting blacked out by the Baltimore fans.

Nope. We finally beat the Ravens when Jacoby drops a punt and we return it for a TD. Sweet, sweet poetic justice.

squicken

Just a terrible offseason for the Browns. Got used by the Rams in their attempt at the #2 pick and now they go way too high for this guy to get something out there at WR. Also, they are still in Cleveland.

This didn't happen no matter how many times Holmgren cries about it. The Rams said everyone submit one offer, and we'll choose the best one. The didn't play teams off each other. But they made clear they wanted an additional 2nd round pick in the 2012 draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/holmgren-gripes-about-griffin-trade/

Peter King of SI.com reports via Twitter that Rams G.M. Les Snead instructed teams to make their best offer. The Redskins did and the Browns did. Then, the Browns wanted to make another offer, but the Rams had already decided to accept what the Redskins had offered.

Sucks to suck for Browns fans, but Holmgren has been terrible as a GM since he lost Ted thompson

At first I was going to say poor form by Cam, but anyone who's foolish enough to actually pay for an NFL player's autograph, when there are upteen opportunities to get those same autographs for free (including training camp in just two weeks), deserves to have their money taken away from them.

Can't hate on Cam for exploiting capitalizing upon his fans' foolishness popularity. And now the NCAA can't do a thing about it.

eznark

Banned
At first I was going to say poor form by Cam, but anyone who's foolish enough to actually pay for an NFL player's autograph, when there are upteen opportunities to get those same autographs for free (including training camp in just two weeks) deserve to have their money taken away from them.

Can't hate on Cam for exploiting capitalizing upon his fans' foolishness popularity. And now the NCAA can't do a thing about it.

I think it's basically paying Cam protection. Come let me write on your shit or I will steal your shit. You choose, Charlotte.

Top Bottom