• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Saints, Drew Brees apart by $10+ million:

The sides were more than $10 million apart in the guaranteed portion of the contract on Wednesday, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because talks are ongoing.

The stakes are high for both sides and the negotiations have lasted for months, including long gaps in communication between the two camps.

Brees, 33 and entering his 12th season, never before has had the chance to negotiate a contract on par with the elite quarterbacks of the game. The Saints, meanwhile, risk alienating the best quarterback in franchise history, not to mention their fan base, by failing to make an offer to his satisfaction by Monday -- the deadline for players with the franchise tag to sign long-term deals.

Several months ago, Brees first raised the possibility that he would not report to the opening of training camp if all that was on the table at that time was the one-year franchise tag of about $16.3 million.

If Brees does not have a long-term contract in place by Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline, the quarterback has no plans to sign his franchise tender and report to training camp, league and team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Brees has said he does not want to play under a one-year contract with no long-term security in the coming seasons. He did it once before, with costly consequences, when he played under the franchise tag for San Diego in 2005 and wound up with a career-threatening injury to his throwing shoulder.

That injury led him to accept a six-year, $60 million deal with New Orleans in 2006, which left him playing for well below market value in the past few seasons, even as he was setting club and league records.

I thought it was illegal for the dutch to be asshole?

Unless you are on a bike.

Not only are they assholes when on bikes, they also turn in suicidal stuntmen.

"Hey look a car, let's jump out off the bushes on my bike and try to cross the road just in front of it"

JerryMaguire0_1621001c.jpg

"SHOW ME THE EVIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE!!"

squicken

Jags gonna Jag

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-basketball-game-will-help-jags-move-tickets/

When the University of Florida plays Georgetown on the deck of an aircraft carrier moored/parked/anchored/whatever in Jacksonville, everyone who buys tickets to the unique event will also be buying tickets to a Jaguars game.

Whether they like it or not.

According to Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union, ticket packages for the November 9 basketball game start at $1,000. For that amount, the purchaser gets two tickets to the Georgetown-Florida game, two tickets to the Colts-Jaguars game to be played on NFL Network the night before, and four more tickets to the Colts-Jaguars game, which will be donated to military personnel.

So, basically, for every ticket sold to the basketball game, three will be sold to the Colts-Jaguars game. With 5,000 tickets to the basketball game available, that translates to 15,000 tickets to the football game.

I said it before during one of his radio interviews but I'm a fan of Greg Jennings. Good guy and a generally cool dude.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-loss-it-hurts-but-they-were-a-better-team/

“It hurts. It was a disappointing end to the season,” Jennings said. “But obviously, we lost to a better team at that point. We didn’t play up to our standard, but I can’t knock what the Giants did. They came in our house, beat us on our turf, got it done.”
No excuses, humble etc.

Not the usual athlete "the better team lost" stuff. I respect that.

I said it before during one of his radio interviews but I'm a fan of Greg Jennings. Good guy and a generally cool dude.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-loss-it-hurts-but-they-were-a-better-team/

No excuses, humble etc.

Not the usual athlete "the better team lost" stuff. I respect that.

I've always given him alot of credit for being able to articulate a sentence. He is at such a disadvantage because he went to Western Michigan University. Really an inspiring tale

Sanchez has more playoff wins than Smith in less seasons. And he is going to get a ring this year as the Jets backup.

mark sanchez has never had a performance like alex smith did in the playoffs. now if you want to say "hey, a win is a win!" then alex is one of the best QB's in the league because he had 13 wins last year. you can't have it both ways like i do with guys and girls so you pick one or the other and live with your argument!

bionic77

mark sanchez has never had a performance like alex smith did in the playoffs. now if you want to say "hey, a win is a win!" then alex is one of the best QB's in the league because he had 13 wins last year. you can't have it both ways like i do with guys and girls so you pick one or the other and live with your argument!
If you had to choose a description for Smith would you call him a system qb or career backup or colossal bust?

Sanjuro

Well, Jets fans consider Sanchez to be the greatest quarterback in franchise history. I'd imagine Alex is somewhere between Montana and Young using that logic.

If you had to choose a description for Smith would you call him a system qb or career backup or colossal bust?

lol if those are the 3 options how is this even a question?

1. career backup implies that he has been a backup his entire career. alex smith has started many games and is still a starter

2. a COLOSSAL bust would be a ryan leaf type. a guy who was out of the league within a few years. a bust would be someone who was drafted high and never contributed anything to his team. definitely not a guy who got to the NFC title game with a 90 QB rating and 6 fourth quarter comebacks in the season

system QB is the only description of those 3 that would match. to a degree i think he is a system qb. i don't think there are many other teams he would succeed with in the league. alex is a quality player that is a major disappointment from the angle that he was the #1 pick in the draft. if you get the #1 pick in the draft, you should basically be getting peyton manning or someone of that skill level, that is how high the bar has been set

bionic77

Top 10 draft pick doesn't have to be Peyton Manning (if that was the case every first pick is a huge bust), but you do expect him to be a franchise player. If you are a top 10 qb you either have to turn around a franchise or win a SB to be considered a success. That is probably a more accurate way to judge success or failure.

FMT you are probably right on the system qb thing, but keep in mind Alex still has time to be a successful backup to champs like Ben, Eli or Tebow. You can still turn it around Alex!

jakncoke

Banned
i recently found there is a beer store that lets you build 6 packs and apparently they have a fuck ton variety. im going hit this place up good. i always want to try new but dont want tor really spend 8+ on a 6 pack just to try 1 new kind. this will be win i have a feeling

eznark

Banned
i recently found there is a beer store that lets you build 6 packs and apparently they have a fuck ton variety. im going hit this place up good. i always want to try new but dont want tor really spend 8+ on a 6 pack just to try 1 new kind. this will be win i have a feeling

BREW FREE OR DIE IPA

Top Bottom