• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

cajunator

Banned
I'm trying

It becomes difficult to eat sometimes

Ice cream becomes a fucking chore =/

Also my beard has become sort of safety nest, a couple chips fell landed on my beard, picked them up munched awat

BEARD what can't it do!

Just check it for small animals occasionally and you're good.

I'm trying

It becomes difficult to eat sometimes

Ice cream becomes a fucking chore =/

Also my beard has become sort of safety nest, a couple chips fell and landed on my beard, picked them up munched away

BEARD what can't it do!
Also end goal is still long away

< My avatar = end goal
That would be epic, best beard on gaf

minx

What I've noticed is people stay interested if there's cash involved. Here's a league proposal:

$50 entry, 10/12 teams.
350/450 winner
100 2nd
50 3rd

I'll give $50 for a pot. This pot will be for a random drawing at the end of the regular season. The teams with the best record over the last 4 weeks of the season will have a better chance of winning the pot (reverse of the nba lottery). This should keep bad teams still interested in the last weeks. If anyone else wants to pitch in extra to this pot it'd be cool.

I was in the gaf money league last year and plan to this year as well but I would be interested in this one as well. I love fantasy football so the more teams the better!

And not to be "insular" or anything but I'd like to fill the league out before fans who wont stick around long start to come in and try and join. Nothing against them but they are likely candidates to not show up to stuff.

I agree. Thus far, the interested parties are:

BaltimoreLarry
Bowser
Wrayfield
BlackGhost
Cuevas, PHD
ActStriker

Possibly DeaconKnowledge

Anyone else?

Milchjon

I agree. Thus far, the interested parties are:

BaltimoreLarry
Bowser
Wrayfield
BlackGhost
Cuevas, PHD

Possibly DeaconKnowledge

Anyone else?

Money league? I'd like to join a league, but I would never bet money on my FF (dis-)abilities.

Or am I completely out of the loop and you're talking about Madden?

I'll likely be interested, depending on entry fee. I'm in a couple leagues already through work.

Cuevas threw this out, and it looks good as a starting point.

What I've noticed is people stay interested if there's cash involved. Here's a league proposal:

$50 entry, 10/12 teams.
350/450 winner
100 2nd
50 3rd

I'll give $50 for a pot. This pot will be for a random drawing at the end of the regular season. The teams with the best record over the last 4 weeks of the season will have a better chance of winning the pot (reverse of the nba lottery). This should keep bad teams still interested in the last weeks. If anyone else wants to pitch in extra to this pot it'd be cool.

@DrewBrees, #Saints reach agreement on 5 yr, $100-mill deal, including $40 mill in year 1; $60 mill guaranteed in 1st 3 yr. More on #ESPN -Mort

They are going to regret that one big time. Typically QB's start to lose velocity on their throws once they hit 33 or 34. Put that together with a guy who already doesn't have the strongest arm around.

I'm interested in a 2nd league with NFL-GAFfers...

You don't have any relatives of GAFfers in that GAF league proposal, do you?

No relatives, and hopefully as many regular participators as possible.

For the new page:

Thus far, the interested parties are:

BaltimoreLarry
Bowser
Wrayfield
BlackGhost
Cuevas, PHD
ActStriker
The Frankman

Possible
DeaconKnowledge
XiaNaphryx
Milchjon ---------You should do it. You're an active member here and need to cut your fantasy teeh somewhere.

Anyone else?

Milchjon

Hmm, nah, that's not worth that much to me. Mind you, I don't have the faintest clue about that stuff.

If anyone starts a regular FF league at a later point, I'd love to join.

Vyroxis

Banned
I'm not usually the type to say this, but I hope Brees gets creamed in the pre season and is out for the next 20 weeks, just to teach the Saints a lesson. Unless you happen to be signing the second coming of Christ himself, nobody is worth that kind of money.

Ænima

I don't know if this was posted already, but here is a pft article that goes more in depth on Brees' new contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/13/brees-gets-37-million-to-sign/

The new deal actually reduces Brees&#8217; cap number dramatically, from $16.37 million to $10.4 million. Next year, his cap number will be $17.4 million. In 2014, the cap number will be $18.4 million. By 2015, when the new TV deals from 2014 hit the cap, Brees cap number will be $26.4 million. In the final year of the deal, the cap number becomes $27.4 million.

So he is actually getting paid 40 million this year, but it only counts as 10 million against this year's cap. I just do not understand exactly how the salary cap works.

oneHeero

Video of Martellus Bennett working out. It goes over his full workout schedule and is about a half hour long. Some comments about the perception that he's lazy, his weight (he's down to 275) and what he wants to accomplish with the Giants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac&feature=relmfu

I hope he's right and he takes advantage of the opportunity. There's a glaring hole at TE that needs to be filled for the Giants.

The guy ALWAYS looks like a beast during training camp, so be prepared to be amazed. I think he could have been an AMAZING addition as a catching TE but unfortunately Romo only targetted him so often.

Bennett will be awesome in my opinion.

No relatives, and hopefully as many regular participators as possible.

For the new page:

Thus far, the interested parties are:

BaltimoreLarry
Bowser
Wrayfield
BlackGhost
Cuevas, PHD
ActStriker
The Frankman

Possible
DeaconKnowledge
XiaNaphryx
Milchjon ---------You should do it. You're an active member here and need to cut your
fantasy teeh somewhere.

Anyone else?
what about a dynasty/keeper league, would anyone be interested in that?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Omg an nfl player works out AND wants to accomplish goals with his team!? This is definitely a must-watch video! Incredible!
To be honest, I thought the work out routines he goes through is the most interesting part of the video along with some of the trainer commentary. Never stated it was must watch.

Of course you like people shitting on your chest and think QBR is the most important statistic defining the in-game performance of your small handed 1/13 on third down QB so I shouldn't be shocked you don't understand!

Zeke said:
Don't hold your breath guy was a bum in Dallas. I'm a huge A&M fan so I was really excited when Dallas got him but he's been a huge disappointment. He shows flashes but thats about it guy never showed any drive always seemed lazy.
Breath isn't held either way. If he brings the level of blocking he did in Dallas to the line that would more than justify the paltry 1.5million the Giants are paying him. Our tight ends were terrible last year in run blocking so even if he doesn't pan out in the pass catching category....

Ænima;39837761 said:
So he is actually getting paid 40 million this year, but it only counts as 10 million against this year's cap. I just do not understand exactly how the salary cap works.

The $40 million he gets paid this year is a $3m base salary and $37m signing bonus, so that signing bonus gets split over the life of the contract for cap purposes.

Ænima

The $40 million he gets paid this year is a $3m base salary and $37m signing bonus, so that signing bonus gets split over the life of the contract for cap purposes.
Ok so signing bonuses are automatically split evenly every year over the life of a contract for the cap. Then teams get to choose how to distribute the base salaries and can front-end or back-end them as they please. I get it.

Wrayfield

Milchbubjon, we might have a spot on our free noob league. The commish is a nice guy. Everyone else is pretty laid back as well. It only has 2 Americans, rest is Uropeanz and only one guy knows anything about football, that would be me (we managed to include two Americans who are more Japanese than anything else). Though the others are catching up after two years of making classic FF mistakes.

Consequently, I always have one of the best regular season of all, only to lose to someone who doesn't update his team in the semis. It's still fun for all the trash talking. I'll let you know around August if the spot gets free (one dude wants to bail).

To be honest, I thought the work out routines he goes through is the most interesting part of the video along with some of the trainer commentary. Never stated it was must watch.

Of course you like people shitting on your chest and think QBR is the most important statistic defining the in-game performance of your small handed 1/13 on third down QB so I shouldn't be shocked you don't understand!

Breath isn't held either way. If he brings the level of blocking he did in Dallas to the line that would more than justify the paltry 1.5million the Giants are paying him. Our tight ends were terrible last year in run blocking so even if he doesn't pan out in the pass catching category....

The most important qb stat is wins, and Alex led the league in wins last year so you can wash his balls with your 3rd down stat rag!

Wrayfield

what about a dynasty/keeper league, would anyone be interested in that?

@ BallmoreLarry, Cuavas et al.

Definitely interested in something more serious. Don't mind paying something up to 50 bucks. Dynasty/keeper with proper draft would be cool. Minimum of 12 teams for me -- hate those small leagues, only bad experiences with those.

Never forget my first Live fantasy draft, one of my brothers took Devin Hester with his first pick in round one. smh it was his first year lol

FrenchMovieThemes said:
The most important qb stat is wins, and Alex led the league in wins last year so you can wash his balls with your 3rd down stat rag!
You're right! Eli led the league in Lombardi's last season.

gty_eli_manning_dm_120206_wg.jpg

The only win that matters.

Larry, what are the best paid sites these days? I was once in a Dolphins league that was cool and competitive, but the commish at some point changed it to a $250 per season league so I bailed.

My favorite paysite is myfantasyleague.com Not too pricy, real customizable, and i've been using it for the other one I run for like 8 years.

It wasn't my first live fantasy draft, but I am guilty of making Laurence Maroney a first round pick once upon a time.

Plus, I picked first overall last year and took Jamaal Charles.

Wrayfield

My favorite paysite is myfantasyleague.com Not too pricy, real customizable, and i've been using it for the other one I run for like 8 years.

It wasn't my first live fantasy draft, but I am guilty of making Laurence Maroney a first round pick once upon a time.

Plus, I picked first overall last year and took Jamaal Charles.

Thanks. Also, you couldn't know Charles was gonna bust his knee, but Maroney??? :p

Edit: My best pick was when the internet in Lisbon didn't work and I missed the first draft of our keeper league. Arian Foster has been a stud ever since. The system picked him for me before his first breakout season! :)

Seahawks release Mike Williams

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/13/seahawks-release-mike-williams/

The Seahawks announced Friday afternoon that they have released Williams. The 10th overall pick of the 2005 Draft had 65 catches for 751 yards for the Seahawks in 2010, his first season with the team after failed stints in Oakland and Tennessee following his departure from Detroit as one of Matt Millen&#8217;s many draft misses. The big season got Williams a new contract in Seattle, but he caught just 18 passes in 2011 and is trying to come back from a fractured fibula suffered late last season.

Guess that 2010 revival was short lived. Hasn't Sidney Rice been non-existent for them as well?

Top Bottom