• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Nice. I still cant believe I lost the auction league by 1 point. I am winning that shit this year.

Was I in that league? I was in an auction league with some GAF people where like 3 people never showed up for the draft or made any roster moves and I still came in last place :(

jakncoke

Banned
I hadn't played FF in 10+ years and never had done a draft online. I was confused and disoriented and everything moved too fast

seems like me, although i have done online drafts. just not ff in like 5 years.

so 10+ years without a ff must mean you're old as fuck as well

squicken

seems like me, although i have done online drafts. just not ff in like 5 years.

so 10+ years without a ff must mean you're old as fuck as well

I am olde, but I was playing in HS before it went mainstream. We had to get our scores from the Monday paper's box scores the first year I played

jakncoke

Banned
hipster. ahh newspapers. my dad and couple other family member did the newspapers from when they started in the late 80s till we got a computer in 2004.

bionic77

Shipping to the US would be a bitch. But maybe if I could find a way to order directly at an US shop (and my financial situation allowed it), I'd be in.
Don't sweat it. FMT told me that it is pretty cheap to ship dildos, French ticklers and all the other freaky deaky sex toys that Pats fans normally exchange for Xmas.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've been hibernating during the offseason. It's finally time to wake up. I'm pretty excited for this year, even though the east is looking mighty competitive.

bionic77

I've been hibernating during the offseason. It's finally time to wake up. I'm pretty excited for this year, even though the east is looking mighty competitive.
:lol who isn't excited or optimistic during the offseason? Everyone thinks they will this years Giants (champs who get hot at the right time, a method I should add was made popular by the 04 Steelers) or the Niners (shitty team that gets lucky and flukes it way to its first successful season in many an age).

MechDX

dat Kubiak 8-8

CxO1V.png

Shut up squicken. Dont ruin my dreams!

squicken

I think the Texans were incredibly unlucky to be in Manning's division for so long. Jeff Fisher's career record looks a lot better when you remove his awful record vs Manning. So does Kubiak's

But what makes the Texans the Texans is that the Colts just fell ass backwards into Andrew Luck in the one down year they've had. I think that Indy will actually win that division. They get JAX, TEN, MIN, MIA, CLE, and BUF at home. Luck is pro ready with weapons on offense. They can go 9-7

I think the Texans were incredibly unlucky to be in Manning's division for so long. Jeff Fisher's career record looks a lot better when you remove his awful record vs Manning. So does Kubiak's

But what makes the Texans the Texans is that the Colts just fell ass backwards into Andrew Luck in the one down year they've had. I think that Indy will actually win that division. They get JAX, TEN, MIN, MIA, CLE, and BUF at home. Luck is pro ready with weapons on offense. They can go 9-7

lolllllllllll still trying to justify jeff fisher eh? face it, he is a mediocre coach. the only thing he is good at is forcing his players to use his business buddies to manage their money

MechDX

YOu seem to forget they have no defense and a spotty o-line. Luck is going to get killed.

The Bulls on Parade will be castrated on that day.

Then they will be known as the Houston Bradys?

squicken

lolllllllllll still trying to justify jeff fisher eh? face it, he is a mediocre coach. the only thing he is good at is forcing his players to use his business buddies to manage their money

Fisher is 5-13 vs Peyton and 137-107 vs everyone else. He is a very good NFL head coach. What sustains success is having a franchise QB. If Bradford is crap then they'll struggle and have to try and find that guy in a couple of years. Harbs will fall back to Earth this year, even though he is an outstanding coach. There's only so much you can do to cover up a shit QB

Fisher is 5-13 vs Peyton and 137-107 vs everyone else. He is a very good NFL head coach. What sustains success is having a franchise QB. If Bradford is crap then they'll struggle and have to try and find that guy in a couple of years. Harbs will fall back to Earth this year, even though he is an outstanding coach. There's only so much you can do to cover up a shit QB

1. bradford is crap, there shouldn't be an "if" before this statement. he's shown it on the field and he is injury prone. your wittle ankie isn't 100% after like 10 months off? awww! bradford is a loser, case closed!

2. the case can be made that fisher has a poor record against peyton but that doesn't explain all of his other failures over his last decade of coaching. he only played 2 games a year against peyton

3. lets not pretend fisher didn't have some great talents on his team throughout the years. mcnair in his prime, eddie george in his prime, plenty of great defensive players, chris johnson, and so on. he has nothing with the rams

if i'm giving my honest assessment without joking, i think the rams could win 5 games this year IF all of their players stay relatively healthy. that is the ceiling

squicken

YOu seem to forget they have no defense and a spotty o-line. Luck is going to get killed.

Actually the breakdown of QB sacks shows WRs not beating coverage leads to sacks more than bad line play. Indy's line was crap for a long while with Peyton there. Eli's line was crap last year. Ben's line has been crap for a long time.

Actually the breakdown of QB sacks shows WRs not beating coverage leads to sacks more than bad line play. Indy's line was crap for a long while with Peyton there. Eli's line was crap last year. Ben's line has been crap for a long time.

I agree, a good QB/WR combo can hide the flaws on the O-line.

that's wrong. it's all on the QB. alex smith was 1/13 on 3rd downs in the nfc title game and it had nothing to do with our only good WR being double teamed all game and our 5th string wide receiver not getting open! throw the ball alex, if they pick it they pick it!

jakncoke

Banned
coordinators changing routes to make them shorter also helps a crappy line. fucking bruce arians and ben were a horrible combo. bruce would have long ass routes and ben holds the ball regardless. if bruce went short he's do a wr screen..fucking hell. i hope todd haley offense isnt shit

cajunator

Banned
No one can make any more Scam Newton jokes on here now that there's a bigger thief in the NFC South...

Brees_Drew.jpg

Brees isnt a scammer though. He has put up Madden-like numbers since joining the Saints.
He definitely earned his paycheck. I think this situation is kind of interesting though, because Brees was already given a shitload of money to come to New Orleans in the first place. I think aside from wanting the well-earned payday, he also wanted to avoid the situation he had in San Diego, where the job was taken away due to the injury. That would probably make any QB want to get signed long term with as much money as possible. I mean Drew is a good guy, but he's still a career NFL player, and he wants to get paid. I don't blame him for wanting to get everything he can. Fuck we all would do the same thing given the opportunity.
I'm just glad the matter is settled, and he is still a Saint. Now we can focus on other things, like fielding a non-embarassing defense and figuring out which receiver is going to replace Meachem.

MechDX

Peyton is one the best ever, Eli is ELIte and Ben almost got killed the past couple years. Luck is going to be destroyed.

Did Bob McNair abuse you as a child? You seem to go out of your way to justify your fickleness of supporting a team.

bionic77

that's wrong. it's all on the QB. alex smith was 1/13 on 3rd downs in the nfc title game and it had nothing to do with our only good WR being double teamed all game and our 5th string wide receiver not getting open! throw the ball alex, if they pick it they pick it!
Great qb's like Ben create something out of nothing.

The best you can hope from Alex when things go bad is an incompletion and punt.

squicken

Well QBs are responsible for sacks. That's why net Yards Per Attempt count sacks as a pass attempt. as a rough example TJ Yates had nearly as many sacks in 5 games as Schaub did in 11. That's deceiving of course b/c Schaub had a health AJ and Yated didn't

A QB needs to find the guy who will be single covered. The guy being single covered has to get open in the NFL. If the QB doesn't make the right read or the WR doesn't beat his man it makes the likelihood of a negative play increases. That is compounded when the line can't block.

As far as your Rams bashing, we'll see this year. I personally think they still do not understand roster management. They went out and addressed the run defense which is of course stupid. Giving up yards on defense doesn't matter. GB and NE had terrible yards against numbers. This is why Fisher will always be good but not great. He doesn't get that. But he's a good teacher and motivator and he is above average, which is better than they've had

Peyton is one the best ever, Eli is ELIte and Ben almost got killed the past couple years. Luck is going to be destroyed.

Did Bob McNair abuse you as a child? You seem to go out of your way to justify your fickleness of supporting a team.

I'm rooting for your team. I wanted you to win the SB. What are the odds of Fatty Haynesworth being in the league last year? What are the odds he ends up playing versus HOU? What are the odds he happens to fall on Schaub? Schaub stays healthy and you probably make the SB.

But you didn't. b/c that is what will always happen to HOU football. I simply am far to negative and cynical to enjoy any part of being a full time Texans fan. Luck will dominate that division for the next 10 years. No thanks on enjoying that

Top Bottom