• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, plz answer me about the Louisiana weather:

And Dutch, your link led me to Cape Dutch Architecture. That looks awesome!

when I was up in DC and Maryland everybody was walking around bitching about the heat but its so dry relatively. I was out walking around on George Washingtons birthplace grounds in virginia for a few hours and it didnt bother me at all. That is a very bearable heat. Down here, the heat is compounded constantly by humidity. When you sweat in other states, it evaporates, and you cool down. When you sweat in Louisiana, there is nowhere for the water vapor to evaporate because the air is already saturated with water. So you end up feeling like you are swimming just walking around. It takes getting used to. I can understand why most people don't like it, but I live here and this is the way it is.

Also, it rains in the summer, like every fucking day. It has rained the entire month of July so far, and is forecasted to continue. One of my bosses is from Phoenix, and she's used to the dry desert heat and little rain so shes miserable here. but I dontl ike her anyway.

cajunator

Banned
I forgot to add that the heat is only from about May to September. Every other month is just about perfect. 60-70F with a nice gulf breeze even in winter. Its just that summer is from hell.

Milchjon

when I was up in DC and Maryland everybody was walking around bitching about the heat but its so dry relatively. I was out walking around on George Washingtons birthplace grounds in virginia for a few hours and it didnt bother me at all. That is a very bearable heat. Down here, the heat is compounded constantly by humidity. When you sweat in other states, it evaporates, and you cool down. When you sweat in Louisiana, there is nowhere for the water vapor to evaporate because the air is already saturated with water. So you end up feeling like you are swimming just walking around. It takes getting used to. I can understand why most people don't like it, but I live here and this is the way it is.

Also, it rains in the summer, like every fucking day. It has rained the entire month of July so far, and is forecasted to continue. One of my bosses is from Phoenix, and she's used to the dry desert heat and little rain so shes miserable here. but I dontl ike her anyway.

Yeah, that's the impression I got, that's why I asked if it ever isnt't like that ;-)

I personally can't stand it.

Ah, your second post cleared it up. Thanks. Maybe I'll visit in the winter then.

squicken

Yeah, that's the impression I got, that's why I asked if it ever isnt't like that ;-)

I personally can't stand it.

Ah, your second post cleared it up. Thanks. Maybe I'll visit in the winter then.

From NOV through FEB the weather is very pleasant. It can get hot in OCT and MAR but not usually.

squicken

Well worth giving up a 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft!

Trent Williams failed like 500 pot tests for WAS. It stays in your system so long, but once players fail a test, they keep randomly testing them. Really depends over how long a period he was failing the tests

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What is it with football players and mariuhana?

image.php

Trent Williams failed like 500 pot tests for WAS. It stays in your system so long, but once players fail a test, they keep randomly testing them. Really depends over how long a period he was failing the tests
Fun drug testing fact. Pretty much the only drug that a piss test will actually catch is marijuana. Most of the other popular drugs, alcohol, pain killers, cocaine, meth, etc will not stay in your system for more than a day.

cajunator

Banned
nothing wrong with it, should be legal and free to use. backwards ass world

The feds need to quit fucking around chasing a bunch of harmless dopers and crack down on the crazy fucking bath salt users.

Lol, its about to rain again too.
This state is going to drown eventually.

Milchjon

nothing wrong with it, should be legal and free to use. backwards ass world

Yeah got no problem with it personally (although the 3 fellow students who came closest to failing their degree were also the 3 people who smoked weed. Weird).

But it seems like there's a bunch of football players getting caught with it. Do they use it due to pain or is it just general college dumbassery (it is banned, after all)?

Yeah got no problem with it personally (although the 3 fellow students who came closest to failing their degree were also the 3 people who smoked weed. Weird).

But it seems like there's a bunch of football players getting caught with it. Do they use it due to pain or is it just general college dumbassery (it is banned, after all)?

probably being stupid

Milchjon

It's not harmless. Habitual users are almost always do nothing losers. It makes people sedate and possibly impairs memory and attention span

smokers are jokers

I always wonder about hte causality though. Everyone I know that smokes was fucked up before, there's a reason why they crave that sedation.

Milchjon

Tobacco is the only drug that never made sense to me. If you wanna kill yourself, at least try to have some fun doing it.

But the thing is, since I never smoked, I never really managed to inhale mariuhana. Never worked and I gave up. Which is a shame, since alcohol makes me turn into a bit of a nuisance.

jakncoke said:
id be all over that if i had a worthy pc
Wait till a 360 sale worst case if you don't have any other options. It's not the PC version but still worth playing.

Been playing Binary Domain ($10 during the Amazon sale) on PC and I'm really liking it. Aside from that, The Secret World is owning my soul at the moment. I did pick up the Tribes Ascend Starter Pack during the sale as well so I might finally give that a chance (though I'm not huge into online shooters).

Fox318

The Witcher 2 is $15.99 on Steam if anyone is interested.

Only thing I got was the tribes pack.

I would get Max Payne but I'll wait till X-Mas for that to reach $15.

Also got Sniper Elite V2 on amazon for $15. :)

I have way to many steam games.

Why can't EA release their sports games on PC. Even if it has crazy DRM it would be so awesome.

jakncoke

Banned
Wait till a 360 sale worst case if you don't have any other options. It's not the PC version but still worth playing.

Been playing Binary Domain ($10 during the Amazon sale) on PC and I'm really liking it. Aside from that, The Secret World is owning my soul at the moment. I did pick up the Tribes Ascend Starter Pack during the sale as well so I might finally give that a chance (though I'm not huge into online shooters).

dont have a 360

Xeke

Banned
It's not harmless. Habitual users are almost always do nothing losers. It makes people sedate and possibly impairs memory and attention span

smokers are jokers

I'm habitual, I have a job, eat well and exercise. A good bowl before bed is the great way to top off the day.

Top Bottom