• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Some astounding numbers for the Rams and injuries.. Football Outsiders stuff is usually meh to me b/c it's too subjective. But counting injuries is not subjective

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/7/16/3162718/st-louis-rams-roster-2012

The Rams had a total of 110 Adjusted Games Lost last season, the second-highest mark since Football Outsiders has been keeping score. Injury distribution was uneven, despite an overall number that signals more than enough misery to go around.

The offense suffered 66.6 AGL, with only the running backs being spared on alarming rates of injury. Only four offensive lines lost more games to injury last season. That was nothing compared to what happened to the receivers, who suffered 35.7 AGL last season, the highest mark in the NFL for the second year in a row.

On defense, the Rams had a 43.5 AGL, only five teams had a higher number in 2011. Recall that most of those injuries happened in the secondary, where the team was forced to use street free agents by year's end.

Injury numbers look ever starker when mapped out across the 2011 scheduled, which was also the most difficult in the league. In their first nine games, the Rams had 0.9 AGL on average. During their 0-7 streak to end the season, the Rams averaged 5.7 AGL per game, which as FO puts it is kind of like "playing 22-on-16."

A freakish number of injuries last year should signal a return to the mean in 2012, right? Not so fast. The Rams have a long precedent of freakishly high rates of injuries. Over the last five years, the Rams have topped 400 AGL, a record. From FO:

"Even more troubling is the fact that St. Louis's five-year run of injuries has persisted through personnel changes of all sorts, including two head coaches, two general managers, and two head trainers. After averaging 78.2 AGL in the final three years with longtime head athletic trainer Jim Anderson, they've averaged 83.4 AGL in two years with Reggie Scott in that role. For their two most-injured position groups, maintaining health over the past five seasons has been like playing a marathon game of Whac-A-Mole; seven different linemen and eight different pass catchers have finished the season on IR. Injury totals generally regress towards the mean, but there's no doubt that some teams have a better record of health than other teams, and with a profile like this, the Rams simply can't count on a large health-powered rebound. "

tl;dr

-hardest schedule in 2011, and most injured team in terms of adjusted games lost

-Fifth most injured OL in 2011

-Most injured WR group in 2011 -wonder if those two things would affect QB play?

-Second highest single season adjusted games lost since they started keeping injury numbers

-Over their last 7 games, they averaged 6 players lost PER GAME

-5 year period, where they've gone 15-65, they have lost 400 games to injuries. This is over multiple coaches and training staffs, and is also a record

Injuries are supposed to be random and regress to the mean but clearly something is wrong there. Linehan and Spags are two of the worst coaches in NFL history so it stands to reason they didn't hire good people or manage their rosters well. At least I hope that explains it

bionic77

I find it kinda sad that you take more offense with me calling myself nice than me being German. :'(
I have no problem with Germans or nice people. But I have a problem with a Pats fan referring to himself as a "nice guy". The two just don't go together. Its like calling Tom Brady a real man.

Milchjon

I have no problem with Germans or nice people. But I have a problem with a Pats fan referring to himself as a "nice guy". The two just don't go together. Its like calling Tom Brady a real man.

So you just disagree with facts and the truth? Well, I guess a distorted perception is a necessary trait in order to survive in Pittsburgh.

bionic77

So you just disagree with facts and the truth? Well, I guess a distorted perception is a necessary trait in order to survive in Pittsburgh.
Everyone knows that Pat fans are either evil assholes or retards. I was just being nice and putting you in the asshole category.

Then again trying to explain kindness to a Pats fan is probably going to go over as well as trying to explain sex to Eli Manning.

Milchjon

Everyone knows that Pat fans are either evil assholes or retards. I was just being nice and putting you in the asshole category.

Then again trying to explain kindness to a Pats fan is probably going to go over as well as trying to explain sex to Eli Manning.

Trying to learn kindness from you would be like trying to learn dance moves from a paraplegic.

You'd think Tebow made an impression on you.

bionic77

Trying to learn kindness from you would be like trying to learn dance moves from a paraplegic.

You'd think Tebow made an impression on you.
Tebow told me to fight evil wherever it is found. Thus my long battle on the internets against the Pats.

Changing subjects. I was not interested in the new Batman movie and was content to wait until the BluRay but I just saw RT and Batman is getting 96%! That is crazy. I only expect that kind of rating for Pixar movies.

I might try and go see this movie with some friends (have not gone to the movies in a long ass time).

Tebow told me to fight evil wherever it is found. Thus my long battle on the internets against the Pats.

Changing subjects. I was not interested in the new Batman movie and was content to wait until the BluRay but I just saw RT and Batman is getting 96%! That is crazy. I only expect that kind of rating for Pixar movies.

I might try and go see this movie with some friends (have not gone to the movies in a long ass time).

Can I go with you but just the two of us??

K-19

Banned
tl;dr

-hardest schedule in 2011, and most injured team in terms of adjusted games lost

-Fifth most injured OL in 2011

-Most injured WR group in 2011 -wonder if those two things would affect QB play?

-Second highest single season adjusted games lost since they started keeping injury numbers

-Over their last 7 games, they averaged 6 players lost PER GAME

-5 year period, where they've gone 15-65, they have lost 400 games to injuries. This is over multiple coaches and training staffs, and is also a record

Injuries are supposed to be random and regress to the mean but clearly something is wrong there. Linehan and Spags are two of the worst coaches in NFL history so it stands to reason they didn't hire good people or manage their rosters well. At least I hope that explains it

There is a lot of injuries, how can they stay in their feet? I know that football is a rough sport, but here I am very surprised. :eek:

Otherwise, all the teams cannot be blessed as the Pats are.

RBH

Sure as long as you remember that it is not a date. The lack of lights is no excuse for bad behavior. And I am sure you wouldn't do it, but that Chappelle skit is going to scare me from putting my hand in your bucket of popcorn.

:lol :lol

Team cap space as of 7.15 for those interested:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/15/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-july-15/

Jaguars: $25.11 million.

Titans: $19.97 million.

Browns: $17.77 million.

Chiefs: $16.54 million.

Bengals: $16.30 million.

Eagles: $15.74 million.

Buccaneers: $15.74 million.

Colts: $14.59 million.

Broncos: $11.71 million.

Packers: $11.25 million.

Patriots: $10.87 million.

Vikings: $10.52 million.

Panthers: $8.76 million.

Seahawks: $8.47 million.

Bills: $7.36 million.

Cowboys: $7.18 million.

Redskins: $6.97 million.

Jets: $5.86 million.

Cardinals: $4.55 million.

Dolphins: $4.45 million.

Texans: $4.05 million.

Bears: $3.82 million.

Lions: $3.77 million.

Steelers: $3.73 million.

Rams: $3.60 million.

49ers: $3.39 million.

Giants: $3.11 million.

Chargers: $2.86 million.

Falcons: $2.75 million.

Saints: $2.12 million.

Raiders: $1.34 million.

Ravens: $606,000.

squicken

Boring. How do you feel about Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow double teaming Jessica Biel?

8wJfg.jpg

There was a thread about how Biel wasn't hot anymore here on GAF. Those guys must have been drunk/blind. She's not Tebow hot, but holy cow, we could buy diners together and dance under the stars after which we will make beautiful mini Dutch Patriots.

Milchjon

There was a thread about how Biel wasn't hot anymore here on GAF. Those guys must have been drunk/blind. She's not Tebow hot, but holy cow.

I was reading that thread and actually thought she had a nose job too, but looking up old pictures, it looks like it's always been that way.

But, she's only 30. Would be a bummer if her beauty wore off already.

bionic77

There was a thread about how Biel wasn't hot anymore here on GAF. Those guys must have been drunk/blind. She's not Tebow hot, but holy cow, we could buy diners together and dance under the stars after which we will make beautiful mini Dutch Patriots.
No one on GAF is hot and they would all willingly kick a supermodel out of their bed. In reality every straight guy wants to fuck every 6 and up they see.

I hate the internet sometimes. It is awesome but the downside is it gives a voice to stupid people. And the biggest problem with stupid people is that most of them are too stupid to actually know that they are stupid.

Gafs standards for women are____ .......well i can't even think of a word that would to do this post justice

Gaf is filled with bitter nerds that hate on hot women.

Top Bottom