• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

jakncoke

Banned
Schefter is saying that the Chiefs are shopping Bowes for a 2nd. I would think every team in the league would jump on that. To bad the Browns dont have a 2nd next year because that would be a great move for them.

lol that sounds kinda dumb. i guess they think johnathan baldwin is all they need?

K-19

Banned
I would let Tom and Gisele rape me together.

531874tumblrm6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo8r1250.gif

More info on Dez:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...grabbing-his-mom-by-the-hair-and-hitting-her/

Police in DeSoto, Texas, said today that Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant grabbed his mother’s hair and hit her before he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor family violence.

“It’s pretty straightforward,” DeSoto Police Captain Ron Smith said, via the Star-Telegram. “He and his mom got in an argument. It’s physical. She got some injuries. We made the arrest.”

It is not clear to what extent Bryant’s mother was injured, although she did not need to be taken to the hospital. The police report says Bryant slapped his mother’s face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Some reports have said the incident between Bryant and his mother began as a fight between Bryant and his half brother, but Smith said he doesn’t know why Bryant and his family were fighting.

Quality human being right there folks.

squicken

Schefter is saying that the Chiefs are shopping Bowes for a 2nd. I would think every team in the league would jump on that. To bad the Browns dont have a 2nd next year because that would be a great move for them.

He's not fast and you have to pay him a lot. Not a game breaker. If you are going to give up a #2 and pay a WR a lot of money, you want a guy who hits home runs

He has a franchise tag on him right now. Will you give up a #2 AND 4 yrs $35m?

Yes, the money never matters in the NFL. You can cut guys or restructure contracts no problem, and 2nd round picks are a huge crap shoot. Give me a guy that I know is going to be good. GM's are way to conservative when it comes to picks.

squicken

Yes, the money never matters in the NFL. You can cut guys or restructure contracts no problem, .

haha I guess that is true. Sure seems there's no cap, or that everyone has gotten so good at managing it that it doesn't matter.

I still wouldn't do it but perhaps b/c I'm thinking Rams #2 and you are thinking Eagles #2

yankeehater said:
2nd round picks are a huge crap shoot.
So is signing/trading for a free agent. Especially to a big money deal AND giving up a draft pick for them. There's no guarantee he produces in a different system with a different QB, etc. Proponents of the "GM's are too conservative" ideal always seem to espouse these types of trades as being guaranteed production.

You could make the argument that the percentage for success increases by bringing in a "proven" guy but prove it?

I do agree on the money side of the things though. The cap is an illusion.

squicken

welp bye bye dez

As if the news couldn’t get worse for Dez Bryant, the 911 call from his mother, which was released Tuesday, adds another disturbing element to an already disturbing case.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Angela Bryant said during her call to authorities her son “tried to kill me,” and that she was going to “put an end to it today.”

Angela D. Bryant told police that her son hit her across the face with a ball cap, pulled her hair, tore her shirt and bra, and repeatedly struck her, according to records released by the DeSoto Police Department.

“Babe, I can’t keep letting him do this. . . . I can’t let him do me like this. I’m tired. I’m going to put an end to it today,” the 37–year-old woman could be heard saying during the call.

Dez Bryant was arrested for misdemeanor family violence, after he allegedly grabbed his mother’s hair and hit her.

According to the report, the assault started at Angela Bryant’s home, but she called from a friend’s house nearby before he arrived there.

“He won’t go home. I keep telling him to go home. He won’t go,” she told the dispatcher.

She told the dispatcher no one was using drugs or alcohol, and when asked if anyone was armed, said “not yet” but that her son had picked up a ball and tried to hit her with it.

“And then he grabbed me. You’ll see when you get here how my clothes look,” she told the dispatcher.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mom-tells-911-dispatcher-he-tried-to-kill-me/

So is signing/trading for a free agent. Especially to a big money deal AND giving up a draft pick for them. There's no guarantee he produces in a different system with a different QB, etc. Proponents of the "GM's are too conservative" ideal always seem to espouse these types of trades as being guaranteed production.

You could make the argument that the percentage for success increases by bringing in a "proven" guy but prove it?

I do agree on the money side of the things though. The cap is an illusion.

There is always a chance a guy doesnt I totally agree that trades come with risks. Here are the WR drafted in the 2nd round this year:

Brian Quick, Stephen Hill, Alshon Jefferys, and Ryan Broyles. I would think that Bowes has a much better change of being a productive player then any of these guys.

Edit: OMFG at that Dez report, what the fuck is wrong with him. The league is going to smash him for that.

squicken

What the fuck happened there?

What happened here?

http://sportsrapport.com/2012/07/17...-crossed-swords-with-brothers-and-a-stranger/

1. Leaving the after party, walking through the hotel where the first after-party was and there was an [escalator] that people were going down. And there was probably like–you know, people were walking kind of slow because there’s only one at a time on the [escalator] so it’s kind of clogged a little bit–and then there was an [escalator] going up that nobody was on. Gronkowski sprints down, past all the people that are going down the [escalator] and sprints down the ‘up’ [escalator]. Then, he gets to the bottom, raises his hands, and goes, “YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I actually witnessed [this].

2. [Gronk] is in the elevator–and there’s probably 10 people in the elevator including one of my friends–he says to the doorman–it’s this party that’s gonna be on the roof of some place in LA–like, it’s outdoors. He says to the elevator person, “At this party, can we party with our shirts off?” And the guy’s like, “Uhhh…yeah…I think so.” Gronkowski turns to his buddy and goes, “YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” and high fives him.

3. This was also witnessed by a friend of mine. Gronkowski’s in line for the bathroom. There’s a line. There’s two urinals and a stall, or whatever, and they’re all waiting. Gronkowski’s with his two brothers–who just looked awesome. He goes into the stall and then turns over to one of his brothers and says, “Crossies?” The second brother goes in. The third brother goes in. And then there’s some guy who’s waiting–some smaller guy–and they’re like, “Let’s get him, too.” They grab this guy and they bring him in and they all pee in the bathroom together.

He is the greatest. I really think he should be a reality show.

Crossies!!!!!

Milchjon

Gronk on whether he'd accept a gay teammate:

"If that's how they are, that's how they are," Gronkowski said. "I mean, we're teammates so, as long as he's being a good teammate and being respectful and everything, that's cool."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No way Dez Bryant isn't suspended for at least 8 games.

No way Dez Bryant isn't suspended for at least 8 games.

I don't disagree he is looking at a suspension, but looking at his mom's criminal record (1.5 years of prison for selling crack when he was ~9, currently on a 10 year probation term for selling drugs to informants in 2009, etc) would you be shocked if this was her trying to shake him down for cash? Would you be surprised if she withdraws her statement mysteriously in a week?

Just seems like the whole family is a bit of a mess.

None of us knows what actually happened but from all these qoutes and reports, this sounds like a situations were they both might need to be removed form each others lives

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't disagree he is looking at a suspension, but looking at his mom's criminal record (1.5 years of prison for selling crack when he was ~9, currently on a 10 year probation term for selling drugs to informants in 2009, etc) would you be shocked if this was her trying to shake him down for cash? Would you be surprised if she withdraws her statement mysteriously in a week?

Just seems like the whole family is a bit of a mess.

I agree it sounds terrible for Dez but the NFL should wait for more legal developments as well as doing their own investigation before bringing down the hammer, which it sounds like they're going to do.

bionic77

Dez Bryant is a fucking moron and a scumbag. It takes a real fucking pussy to hit a woman but your own mother?! Wtf
Lets not judge someone whose mom was an actual prostitute.

I can't even imagine how shitty his life was growing up. Doesn't excuse his actions but I am not going to judge that guy when I consider how easy my life has been so far.

squicken

Lets not judge someone whose mom was an actual prostitute.

I can't even imagine how shitty his life was growing up. Doesn't excuse his actions but I am not going to judge that guy when I consider how easy my life has been so far.

I mentioned that on the last page. Her past is too checkered not to consider that she's lying. Someone else mentioned extortion. But if Dez really did what's alleged, then no matter how much sympathy I have for his childhood, he still needs to punished severely

squicken

Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was observed swerving through traffic and nearly hitting two different vehicles before he was finally pulled over and arrested for driving under the influence before 4 a.m. on Saturday.

The California Highway Patrol says Lynch was driving a Ford Econoline van and had two near collisions with two other vehicles. The arresting officer said Lynch showed “objective signs of intoxication” and failed field sobriety tests. He later submitted to a blood test that showed his blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of .08.

This isn’t the first time Lynch has driven dangerously. In 2008 he hit a pedestrian outside a bar, then drove off.

Lynch is scheduled for a preliminary court appearance on August 14. As a repeat violator of the NFL’s personal-conduct policy, he’s likely facing league discipline as well. Following his last run-in with the law, a 2009 guilty plea to a misdemeanor weapons charge, he was suspended for three games.

Econoline? A van? Why?

Top Bottom