• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Sokantish

I stopped watching Caprica when they went for a break like half way through the season I think. Did it end up getting cancelled too? I think another BSG series is coming out though

Seems we talk about Heroes once a month, and reminisce on what could have been.

If they had just killed
Sylar
at the end of season 1 it still could have been a good show. Once it became wrestling with all the flip flopping between good and evil it was totally unwatchable.

bionic77

ok i get that he had a tough up bringing but the guy is not a fucking caveman. he was obviously brought up well enough to get himself together and get himself to college (perhaps not academically but he wasn't some fucking idiot going around and beating everyones ass for the fuck of it or he wouldn't have been given a scholarship, so he had some semblance of normalcy in his life).

tons and tons and tons of professional athletes have shitty childhoods and parents, some worse than dez bryant. i don't excuse him or anyone else for beating up on women and there is nothing that someone can say to me (again short of having a gun pulled on them) that would justify beating the shit out of a woman.

you can say that wasn't a normal way to grow up and it will fuck you up, and i'm sure it will, but how does that equate to beating up women? does patrick willis beat up his wife or his mom or whoever? maybe he should cash in on that check since it would be acceptable apparently!

i agree dez would probably have a better life if he had a more stable family but at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions. as i said he's not a caveman who doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. no matter what happened in your childhood it shouldn't end with "welp, beating my mom is ok, she was a shitty mother to me as a child!"
He doesn't get a pass for hitting a woman. No one does outside where it is encouraged in Wisconsin and honestly that is not a big deal seeing how big the women are. I was just saying the parents shoulder some responsibility for Dez being such a fuck up. His mom doesn't deserve to get hit by anyone, not even her pimp. But I feel in the majority of cases the people that turn out worthless it is because their parents did a totally shit job.

Slo

I'll admit it. I Googled Victor Cruz to see if he went to an SEC school or not. Turns out he might have brains.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh come on, often NFL players are terrible in interviews.

qyUol.jpg

Milchjon

No Batman spoilers in here? Thank Goodell for this safe haven.

Off topic, but because everyone loves Ohio: Holy fuck, their public pension liabilities are at 35% of their GDP? Even as a dirty Euro commie, that's fucked up.

Pensions scare me. Germany needs to raise the pension age fast. The system really needs to keep up with life expectancy, it wasn't made to handle a 25 year free ride on 45 years of work.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Nothing in here about the biggest signing of the year? Jags resign Josh Scobee at the last minute. Superbowl here we come!

Robert Griffin III signs rookie contract worth $21.1M

Don't call it a holdout. The Washington Redskins signed rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III early Wednesday morning, according to NFL Network's Albert Breer and Michael Lombardi. Breer reports, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, that Griffin will get $21,119,098 fully guaranteed over four years. The contract has a team option for a fifth year.

Griffin missed the first two days of Washington's kinda-sorta rookie training camp that began on Monday. The Redskins got their rookies together well before the rest of the NFL for extra workouts and classroom sessions, but the true training camp experience does not start until next week. And now coach Mike Shanahan has one less thing to worry about.

RG3's deal should pave the way for more top contracts to be signed. While rookies have signed earlier than ever before, the top of the draft has been stuck for a while on certain contractual language because of the new collective bargaining agreement. Fellow teams and agents will look at Griffin's contract closely and use it as a template to get their deals done.

The early deal is not a surprise, but it is welcome news to the rest of the NFL. If Griffin can sign so early, it's hard to imagine there will be any lengthy rookie holdouts. If any. The kid keeps making all the right moves.

Source

Well, shouldn't be long for everybody is signed. Let's hope Hightower gets signed soon.

Wrayfield

Pensions scare me. Germany needs to raise the pension age fast. The system really needs to keep up with life expectancy, it wasn't made to handle a 25 year free ride on 45 years of work.

Lol, I don't think we'll get anything by the time we get to some or other pension age so you better save up, bro. Or better, get rich. Marry a model or something.

Milchjon

It's strange how after 2 SB victories in 5 years the Giants still never even occur to me when I think about elite teams. Might be a coping mechanism, but it still FEELS (I know rationally that they're pretty good) like they're an above average team that simply lucked into it.

Xeke said:
Victor Cruz is on the daily show right now, even as an eagles fan I'm impressed with how well spoken he is.
I'm reading his book right now and it's pretty great. Part of it is an autobiography but the other part is some real in-depth thoughts on the games in 2011, some of the big plays he made (some great stuff in the beginning about Cromartie jawing at him all game when the Giants played the Jets going on about "No one knows who you are...")

Milchjon

I'm reading his book right now and it's pretty great. Part of it is an autobiography but the other part is some real in-depth thoughts on the games in 2011, some of the big plays he made (some great stuff in the beginning about Cromartie jawing at him all game when the Giants played the Jets going on about "No one knows who you are..."".

Not surprising considering Cromartie doesn't even know his own kids.

Cedric Benson: Packers, Jets, Raiders showed interest

Despite three consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons, Cedric Benson remains a man without a team. We've heard for months that the Oakland Raiders are eyeing the former Cincinnati Bengals running back, but the Silver and Black, along with the rest of the NFL, hasn't pulled the trigger.

When Rich Gannon and Adam Schein of "SiriusXM Blitz" spoke with Benson on Tuesday, they encountered a man down on his luck.

@RichGannon12 said:
Wow, emotional interview with Cedric Benson who wants in the worst way to be with new team in a training camp. This guy is hungry&motivated!

@AdamSchein said:
Benson just choked up, teared up, and got emotional on air. This is a spot. #SIZZLE

Benson said he has fielded "check-ins" from the Green Bay Packers and New York Jets, along with the Raiders. He turns 30 this season but said he has no interest in taking the veteran minimum.

Teams have stayed away from Benson and his flurry of previous off-the-field issues, but he delved into a Mike Gundy-like "I'm a man" rant, according to Schein, suggesting he won't become a headache.

It would be intriguing to see Benson added to New York's ground-and-pound attack. The Jets' backfield doesn't scare you behind Shonn Greene, and Benson would give them a veteran weapon still capable of cranking out yardage. The Oakland Raiders appear to be the front-runner, but injuries around the NFL could solve Benson's unemployment problem in a flash.

Lol what a bitch, cries about how he wants to play so hard and be a great teammate, but just not for vet minimum.

Milchjon

Okay, not going anywhere expect this thread.

This place is safe right ?! RIGHT!?

He got purged from GAF after posting in the "football" and the Steam threads.
So insularity didn't save anyone.

Apparentlyhe said he has multiple accounts. Only solution is not to post at all so this thread is never at the top of the board.

Talon

@RossTuckerNFL: Uh-oh, Marshawn. An NFL exec told me suspension for conduct detrimental/substance abuse defaults contract & voids guarantee.

lolololololol

Top Bottom