• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Its a shame I would get banned for posting fake spoilers.

They make movies way better for people when they finally get around to watching them. Like when I told my friends that all the toys get burnt up at the end of Toy Story 3.

Milchjon

Its a shame I would get banned for posting fake spoilers.

They make movies way better for people when they finally get around to watching them. Like when I told my friends that all the toys get burnt up at the end of Toy Story 3.

I caught one line of that little fucker's spoilers. I seriously hope it's fake.

Greg

I think Letterman spoiled Batman the other night when Anne Hathaway was on - or at least they were making a big deal about it like he spoiled it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Living up here don't have to deal with the stuff you guys get on ESPN for football since it's not like it's top of the news stuff with hockey going on at the same time.

I don't even think we get whatever show it is Skip Bayless does up here.

Off the top of my head we get Sportsnation, PTI, Around the Horn, Questionable, The reporters on a weekly basis.

Basically the moral of the story is just avoid the Internet if you don't want to get spoiled for TDKR.

Although, I've been lurking hard in the Rises hype thread and managed to avoid all three of the junior account suicide by spoiling attempts.

squicken

75% chance ravens give Flacco an extension. Reed says he will play this year. Ray Lewis says no murders planned for at least 6 months. Good news for Larry!

Is this real news, because 75% for Flacco is good. I assumed there was no chance they let him walk. I'm actually considering letting Joe off the hook and give him a fresh start this year. It's going to be hard to push aside the hate.

Have any of you purchased the Telltale walking dead game?

Do it. I want to talk about it with some of you bros.

Its still on sale on Steam and even then its cheap on xbox/psn. Its based on the comics not the TV show and it has a separate cast of characters.

edit: yeah Flacco is real news. http://t.co/g0jOCPvi

I'm totally ok with a 4 year 12 million dollar contract.

From the Article:

Flacco appears to be next. How much he'll get remains to be seen, especially in light of the quarterback market-setting deals signed by Drew Brees and Peyton Manning this offseason. Flacco is on record as saying he believes he's the best QB in the league. It will soon be known whether he'll be paid like it.

Now I hate him again. If he thinks he's getting top 5 money, he's fucking nuts. That's my out! He think he's the best, has too much ego to take what he truly deserves (shit), so he won't sign. Sweet redemption!

Fox318

I'm totally ok with a 4 year 12 million dollar contract.

From the Article:

Now I hate him again. If he thinks he's getting top 5 money, he's fucking nuts. That's my out! He think he's the best, has too much ego to take what he truly deserves (shit), so he won't sign. Sweet redemption!

10 years.

234 million.

jakncoke

Banned
4 years 12 million? you mean 4 years at 12 a year ?

He def going to get at least 50 million, dirty sanchez and the other dude that escapes me who get extended recently got around that did they not. Seems to be the market price for goodish is some trivial way but not great qbs atm

He def going to get at least 50 million, dirty sanchez and the other dude that escapes me who get extended recently got around that did they not. Seems to be the market price for goodish is some trivial way but not great qbs atm

30 years 300 Million.

Back ended of course.

10 years.

234 million.

Yeah bro try 5 years 75 million if you're lucky

Thanks, jerks.

squicken

Flacco is just outside that top 5. I really think with a better coordinator and a true #1 talent at WR he'd tear it up. I'd rather have him than Fatford.

Fox318

VJGH4.jpg

Bought it on PC when it released and play both episodes. ITS GUD.

I only buy Tell Tale games when they are all out.

Also I really felt burnt by Law and Order.

Edit: E. J. Henderson is a free agent? I thought he was pretty good or did the leg breaking thing ruin him ?

E. J. was one of my favorite Vikings on D, definitely a pro-bowl caliber MLB, but two back-to-back seasons with critical injuries (2008 & 2009; the one in 2009 being one many thought he'd never recover from and a critical loss in the post season) really ended him.
He always played hard and was a good captain out there, but since the Vikes are trying to get younger they just don't want to pay him any more.

If a team can get him cheap to fill on occasional downs in I'd say take the chance. He's in no way an every down LB anymore, however.

Flacco is just outside that top 5. I really think with a better coordinator and a true #1 talent at WR he'd tear it up. I'd rather have him than Fatford.

Why do you hate Stafford so much? Guy is a stud who looks like he has overcome the injury stereotype (because he finally had an offseason with a fucking surgery instead of being rushed back in) and put up incredible numbers when teams knew Detroit had to pass. Is it envy because Sam Bradford's arm is only capable of throwing checkdowns while Staff throws bullets into triple coverage, where only his receiver can get the ball???

Why do you hate Stafford so much? Guy is a stud who looks like he has overcome the injury stereotype (because he finally had an offseason with a fucking surgery instead of being rushed back in) and put up incredible numbers when teams knew Detroit had to pass. Is it envy because Sam Bradford's arm is only capable of throwing checkdowns while Staff throws bullets into triple coverage, where only his receiver can get the ball???

I dont get it either. My only gripe with the guy is that he seems like a glass cannon. The first two years he was in the league I'd argue with my roommates about how good he would be if he could get a full year in.

I took him in the late rounds of my fantasy draft last year and tore the place up with him.

so many passing stats for like every qb outside of alex smith last year, i wonder if this trend will continue

We have a league where the QB and WR talent vastly outweighs the RB talent. Not to mention the challenge in covering 4 wide and the match up nightmares some of these receivers and TEs produce. I can't imagine things will be changing in the near future. I would love to see the return of smash mouth running and soul crushing defense, but I fear it may be a while

NFL.com's Top 20 of 2011. I missed a few updates but here we are:

7. New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills Week 3
6. Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos Wilcard
5. New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers Week 1
4. Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots AFC Championship
3. New York Giants at San Francisco 49'ers

#1 is seemingly obvious at this point (Saints at Niners Divisional). Curious what #2 will be.

I hope its the Bills-Raiders game. That was so incredible, down to the wire. I changed to it from the Lions game (they were up on KC by 30 at that point anyway) because things were so bananas. One of my roommates and I were in disbelief as Ryan Fitzdragon was throwing daggers and Run DmC proved to be the best RB in the league when healthy. It was amazing to watch

jakncoke

Banned
We have a league where the QB and WR talent vastly outweighs the RB talent. Not to mention the challenge in covering 4 wide and the match up nightmares some of these receivers and TEs produce. I can't imagine things will be changing in the near future. I would love to see the return of smash mouth running and soul crushing defense, but I fear it may be a while

there have lots of passing stats recently but last took that and pumped up the volume. im curious if 5000k passers will be a yearly occurance now

squicken

My envy is of Megatron. As far as Stafford, he is better than Bradford. But that's a low ass bar. He's fat. That's unacceptable for a professional athlete not being payed to be fat. He's also not shown a long enough period of staying healthy, which is probably exacerbated by being lazy and fat

Relative to Flacco, both have great arms. Flacco stays in shape and is always healthy. He also would throw for 5K with CJ. If Stafford cuts down on the complex carbohydrates and puts together a couple of healthy years then I'll happily sing a different tune. Seems like an otherwise decent guy and from what I've read puts in the work in the film room.

Wait, the junior spoiled in the IRC? That's just wrong man, I can't even waste my time there safely anymore! Well, no IRC for me in the next couple of days, might avoid GAF all together at this pace. Fucking no-life spoilers.

I'll miss you guys, when I come back we can do shirtless crossies again.

K-19

Banned
Wait, the junior spoiled in the IRC? That's just wrong man, I can't even waste my time there safely anymore! Well, no IRC for me in the next couple of days, might avoid GAF all together at this pace. Fucking no-life spoilers.

I'll miss you guys, when I come back we can do shirtless crossies again.

about TDKR? An advice: AVOID ALL THE INTERNET TILL YOU SEE THIS FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!

I have made the very bad experience on neogaf and elsewhere, I know too much :( Go, go away ... and save your mind ... what it still ...

brentech

I would take Stafford over almost any QB in the league. I cant understand anyone knocking him.

Seems he'll be a decent QB, but , no.

He has a high upside if he can get in a little better shape and keeps his head on straight. Not counting injuries, if he does that he should turn out pretty good.

He's just not to the point of taking him over top 10 QBs based on merit at this point.
He's completed 1 season out of 3. And 2 of those 3 seasons he's averaged a pick per game or more.....with CJ.

Does not compute.

Seems he'll be a decent QB, but , no.

He has a high upside if he can get in a little better shape and keeps his head on straight. Not counting injuries, if he does that he should turn out pretty good.

He's just not to the point of taking him over top 10 QBs based on merit at this point.
He's completed 1 season out of 3. And 2 of those 3 seasons he's averaged a pick per game or more.....with CJ.

Does not compute.

He is young and he put up huge numbers last year. He is already definitely in the top 10 and he has so much upside. I also couldnt care less about what shape he is in, he isnt going to scramble anyways.

Talon

He is young and he put up huge numbers last year. He is already definitely in the top 10 and he has so much upside. I also couldnt care less about what shape he is in, he isnt going to scramble anyways.
Prisoners of the moment.

Also, Stafford is a very mobile quarterback. Despite his fatassery.

Top Bottom