• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Milchjon said:
It's strange how after 2 SB victories in 5 years the Giants still never even occur to me when I think about elite teams. Might be a coping mechanism, but it still FEELS (I know rationally that they're pretty good) like they're an above average team that simply lucked into it.
There's luck involved in any big run to the Super Bowl. Certain scenarios have to present themselves and things have to bounce your way but then I think that goes for most Super Bowl teams and that's not exclusive to the Giants.

Most years, no one in the media picks the Giants to win the division instead going with the vanity Cowboys pick or the "it's their year" Eagles pick and yet the Giants have won two. Folks called the '07 run a fluke and yet they replicated it 4 years later. Call it luck, call it skill - I don't care. The perception is meaningless. As long as they keep winning, I'll take it.

Talon

The perception is more a result of the Giants going the hard route on the road both times. They weren't 14-2 (perceived) Juggernauts in the regular season.

Giants looked done in 2007 late in the season. Last year's team looked like toast prior to that Dallas game. They won when it mattered, though.

squicken

@RossTuckerNFL: Uh-oh, Marshawn. An NFL exec told me suspension for conduct detrimental/substance abuse defaults contract & voids guarantee.

lolololololol

Well good luck SEA getting the bonus money back from a dude rolling about town in a white Econoline. And I've always thought the dude was scuzzy. The TD run versus the Saints, people forget he jumped into the endzone and grabbed his nuts as a celebration.

Cheatin' Pete may be fine with that, but I doubt any of the good coaches or organizations would have tolerated it

edit: Giants two SBs have come off late season hot streaks. They have good fans and very talented players, but they've really helped crystallize how much the playoffs are about getting lucky with health and hot QB play. Much less to do with roster building than it used to be

Cedric Benson hasnt been signed yet, makes me think who else is out there could possibly contribute in a semi meaningful way

I just read that Big Mike Williams has been cut by the Seahawks, Plaxico is also still available, Ryan Grant from the Packers, Braylon Edwards and Andre Carter as well, but I'm pretty sure the Pats really want him back.

And then there is Fat Albert :D!

Edit: E. J. Henderson is a free agent? I thought he was pretty good or did the leg breaking thing ruin him ?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I discovered the Browns are going to Green Bay in 2013. My Packers friend (who I went to the thanksgiving lions/packers game) wants us to go badly. She is already saving up her cash for it.

Looks like I got one Browns game I'm seeing in 2013, but I'm scared with all your talk of the women in Wisconsin...will they eat me alive?

Talon

So I discovered the Browns are going to Green Bay in 2013. My Packers friend (who I went to the thanksgiving lions/packers game) wants us to go badly. She is already saving up her cash for it.

Looks like I got one Browns game I'm seeing in 2013, but I'm scared with all your talk of the women in Wisconsin...will they eat me alive?
Only if you cover yourself in cheese curds.

Squeaky, squeaky cheese curds.

jakncoke

Banned
I just read that Big Mike Williams has been cut by the Seahawks, Plaxico is also still available, Ryan Grant from the Packers, Braylon Edwards and Andre Carter as well, but I'm pretty sure the Pats really want him back.

And then there is Fat Albert :D!

Edit: E. J. Henderson is a free agent? I thought he was pretty good or did the leg breaking thing ruin him ?

starting qb dennis dixon is out there as well

jakncoke

Banned
Well he isn't wrong, but publicly saying your qb sucks fat whale cock isn't the way to go about it, im sure he'll throw a retraction out there soon or say he what he said was out of context

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Only if you cover yourself in cheese curds.

Squeaky, squeaky cheese curds.

Duly noted.

I have now begun a prayer in the hopes the Browns are adequate enough by then to make it an interesting game...

She has already promised to buy me kleenex to wipe my tears away when they get massacred. :(

First Take is so stupid (now).

It's just two hours of Skip spouting out nonsense and Stephen A. saying things very loud about stupid topics like:

OMG TIMMY TEBOW WAS IN HOLLYWOOD HANGING OUT WITH A LADY. OMG OMG!

squicken

First Take is so stupid (now).

It's just two hours of Skip spouting out nonsense and Stephen A. saying things very loud about stupid topics like:

OMG TIMMY TEBOW WAS IN HOLLYWOOD HANGING OUT WITH A LADY. OMG OMG!

I used to hate The Cowboys and the The Bulls with a burning passion b/c of ESPN. Like it negatively impacted my enjoyment of the sports b/c of how it was crammed down my throat

Now? It's all avoidable. There's no reason to watch ESPN except for live sports. There are 100s of blogs for every sport that offer infinitely more insight than anything on TV. If you get mad at Bayless and SAS, it's b/c you want to get mad. Like people who listen to Hannity and Limbaugh b/c they enjoy getting upset

if we don't have our insular cultures to protect us what is there to believe in now?

i_believe_in_harvey_dent.jpg

I didn't realize hit-and-run spoiling happened in GAF. People were pretty cool about that sort of thing.

Unless the perp was a junior, which doesn't help me to think of any of them as equals.

squicken

Are there some massive spoilers that would ruin the "story"? It's just a fancy looking action movie.

I don't get it either. It's like spoiling Call of Duty. I mean there's nothing you could have told me about the first two Nolan Batmans or either Iron Man or Avatar or Thor or any of that other stuff that would have affected my enjoyment of them

jakncoke

Banned
Woah! Welcome back bruh. I'm sure that I'm hella late but still! lol

only 2 months nbd :p

I didn't realize hit-and-run spoiling happened in GAF. People were pretty cool about that sort of thing.

Unless the perp was a junior, which doesn't help me to think of any of them as equals.

the person prob has like 8 accounts, theres quite a few people running around with several accounts in their back pocket so they care a lil less about dem rules

only 2 months nbd :p

the person prob has like 8 accounts, theres quite a few people running around with several accounts in their back pocket so they care a lil less about dem rules

Wtf my alt account isn't bionic77. Who told you that because it's bullshit. Unless you have proof you better stfu! No evidence = not guilty! Drew brees taught me that!

I used to hate The Cowboys and the The Bulls with a burning passion b/c of ESPN. Like it negatively impacted my enjoyment of the sports b/c of how it was crammed down my throat

Now? It's all avoidable. There's no reason to watch ESPN except for live sports. There are 100s of blogs for every sport that offer infinitely more insight than anything on TV. If you get mad at Bayless and SAS, it's b/c pyou want to get mad. Like people who listen to Hannity and Limbaugh b/c they enjoy getting upset
THANK YOU

Top Bottom