• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Bowser

Buffalo can't beat New England. Not gonna happen.

They started out hot last season and had a pretty decent off-season. Truth be told, I couldn't see any other team on that list getting to 10 wins (Browns, Colts, Jags, Rams definitely not). Maybe the Skins if RG3 is as good as Cam was his rookie season.

Talon

So wow. That, uh, DnD thread is interesting. Is that what people actually do when playing?

Just make up a story as they go along?

They started out hot last season and had a pretty decent off-season. Truth be told, I couldn't see any other team on that list getting to 10 wins (Browns, Colts, Jags, Rams definitely not). Maybe the Skins if RG3 is as good as Cam was his rookie season.

I definitely think the Bills will be better, but to get 10 wins you have to beat New England. No way are they doing it if the Pats sweep them. I just don't see it happening, though I hope it does.

Sokantish

Buffalo can't beat New England. Not gonna happen.

I remember thinking last season thinking okay buffalo, that's gonna be an easy win at least. As a Raider fan I don't even know why I thought that... and then we lost the game with like 20 seconds to go. Then they beat the Patriots next week so I didn't feel so bad.

Milchjon

So wow. That, uh, DnD thread is interesting. Is that what people actually do when playing?

DnD has always been intriguing to me (Have never met anyone who played it).
I only know board games with a much stricter set of rules. Is every game of DnD its own contained story made up by the players?

Is there a good tl;dr for the rules somewhere? I don't have the slightest clue about it.

Talon

I remember thinking last season thinking okay buffalo, that's gonna be an easy win at least. As a Raider fan I don't even know why I thought that... and then we lost the game with like 20 seconds to go. Then they beat the Patriots next week so I didn't feel so bad.
That Pats Bills game was so ridiculous.

Bills turned on an INT cheat.

When I was 14 a friend of mine invited me to one of his Mechwarrior roleplaying sessions. He rolls the dice then dreams up this scenario to fight the gamesmaster or whatever and the GM just says "nuh uh, because my guy does this and beats you". Everything my friend brought up was hand waved by the GM.

I didn't know if that was part of the game or just the guy being a douche. Either way that turned me off roleplaying forever.

ChanHuk

Banned
The Black Hole will celebrate the glory years by raising a flag of Al Davis in the 70s-80s era. We'll all forget about the dark ages of the Raiders 2003-2009.

squicken

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...s-in-rookie-cb-janoris-jenkins--contract.html

Rams have backed off on insisting that Jenkins go with their financial adviser, but now want him to a spread out signing bonus like the Pats did with Aaron Hernandez. More potential money as long as he stays out of trouble

So far, Shareef, who didn't return multiple messages for comment, has declined to accept the deal that is expected to be worth $5 million, including a $3 million signing bonus. According to sources, Shareef is concerned about how he will be viewed by other potential clients (and how he'll be criticized by other agents) for taking such a deal.

Hernandez, a Florida teammate of Jenkins', failed at least one drug test in college and watched his stock drop going into the 2010 draft. Subsequently, he had to take a highly restrictive contract when it came to guarantees. The flipside is that Hernandez, who has had no reported problems since joining New England, was given a chance to make up the difference and then some.

Hernandez, the 15th pick in the fourth round that year, received a four-year deal that included a signing bonus of only $200,000. That was a huge drop from New York Jets running back Joe McKnight, who was taken one pick earlier. McKnight received a bonus of $501,000 as part of his four-year deal.

What the Patriots did with Hernandez was give him better payouts on roster bonuses as long as he was a member of the team (either on the 53-man roster or on injured reserve). Ultimately, McKnight stands to make a total of $2.29 million at a minimum over four years. Hernandez can make $2.37

"What the Rams have asked for is fair," a source said. "Yeah, it's not cool if you don't get your money right away, but if he believes in himself and continues to do the right thing, he's going to get his money."

A Rams source said the team has even offered to give Jenkins interest on money as it's paid. The team simply wants a safeguard and believes it will get it.

"Do you really think the kid is going to go back in the draft over this?" the source said. "After all he has been through? Look, we want to pay him and we want to pay him fairly. We're not trying to cut the money way down or anything like that. We just want to keep him focused and this seems like a good way to do it."

Talon

For some reason I was reminiscing terrible moments in Falcons history, and I remembered the '05 season. First there was the Samkon Gado/Slants game, where Zonatell refused to press, allowing Favre to complete slant after slant that entire game. And Samkon Gado went full Emmitt on us.

Then there was that hilarious Panthers loss, where they threw the ball maybe 6 times and literally lined up with two tailbacks half the game and just optioned us to death.

Jesus, Ed Zonatell and Greg Knapp were terrible at their jobs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Of course you would, have to have something to sacrifice to your dark lord and master.

Nah, he just has to contribute coupons like this to fulfill Brady's needs:

WSSb5.jpg

Striker

I think it was just him saying the Eagles are a talented team that needs to work hard to make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl.

“When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there,” Vick said.

“I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty.”

How bout, you know, instead of using the word "dynasty", at least have some credible playoff wins under your belt with that team instead of mouthing off. No better than Vince Young barking up that "Dream Team" BS.

squicken

Some insight into Dez.

So Dez Bryant's life continues to spiral out of control. Even if he does wear the vaunted No. 88 for the Dallas Cowboys and might be the best player in shoulder pads for the men who wear the star. Even if he was such an athletic marvel at OSU that his last name no longer is necessary in the state of Oklahoma.

Dez was arrested Monday and booked on a misdemeanor charge of assaulting his mother, Angela.

There is no excuse for striking a woman, much less your mother. But the people who know Dez know what he's up against. How a horrible home life growing up in Lufkin, Texas, gave him few tools in which to make good decisions and live a fruitful life. How OSU gave him structure in his 21/2 years as a Cowboy, but once he was gone from Stillwater, that protection went, too.

A Lufkin teacher emailed me Tuesday to try to provide a glimpse of Dez's situation.

“The news media, the Dallas Cowboys, the public, the normal sports fan, cannot imagine the life that this young man had,” wrote the teacher, who I later spoke to and wished to remain anonymous. “What he had to overcome can't be imagined by most decent people.

“He comes from absolutely no home life, but when he was drafted, the family came out of the woodwork.”

At OSU, Dez never was a problem in terms of behavior. People throughout the athletic department will admit that Dez was completely irresponsible – didn't always go to class, late for meetings, didn't understand the concept of a schedule – but never was he a problem otherwise. No drinking. No drugs. No disrespect.

“The Dez I knew would not beat up his mother,” said Marilyn Middlebrook, OSU's associate athletic director for academic affairs. Middlebrook termed Dez “sweet” but “irresponsible.”

Which is not surprising, considering his home life. Dez's mother was 14 when he was born and later spent 18 months in prison for drug trafficking. Dez often went house to house to sleep. Middlebrook said the story around the athletic department was that Dez in Lufkin would sleep in his clothes, because he often had to move in the middle of the night.

“He didn't have any kind of family support,” the Lufkin teacher said. “Lived with all kinds of different people. He just never had anybody stable in his life. When these kids go off to college, or when they get drafted, they take that with them.”

Lufkin's coaches provided Dez with male role models, and former OSU assistant coach Gunner Brewer was a rock for Dez in Stillwater. But then came the 2010 NFL Draft. The cocoon was gone.

I figure the Cowboys selecting Dez actually was a curse. That he needed to go anywhere but Dallas or Houston. As far from Lufkin as possible. To Seattle or Miami or Buffalo.

That's what the people at OSU thought, too.

But the Lufkin teacher said it wouldn't matter, that Dez's family would have followed him.

More at link

Read more: http://newsok.com/dallas-cowboys-so...wrong-decisions/article/3693531#ixzz211nbAQvh

bluemax

Banned
Whats a surprise team?

I think the Vikings will scrape together 6 wins. Thats not good but they will be doubling their win column over last years train wreck.

A surprise team goes from a ten-or-more loss season to ten-or-more wins in the next season. A disappointment team is just the opposite, going from winning ten or more, to winning six or fewer the next season.

looks like the rams still haven't signed janoris jenkins and they're trying to low ball him on the signing bonus. they're trying to make it so they give him a signing bonus every year, instead of all of it up front (like every other player gets).

the rams organization is a fucking joke and this just further proves it. whatever you think about janoris jenkins is fine. he's a troubled guy, he's gotten into trouble, etc etc. fine. but then WHY DO YOU DRAFT HIM IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PAY HIM? why do you draft him if you're going to make him use jeff fishers financial advisor?

the rams look fucking stupid as usual.... and i love it!

squicken

looks like the rams still haven't signed janoris jenkins and they're trying to low ball him on the signing bonus. they're trying to make it so they give him a signing bonus every year, instead of all of it up front (like every other player gets).

the rams organization is a fucking joke and this just further proves it. whatever you think about janoris jenkins is fine. he's a troubled guy, he's gotten into trouble, etc etc. fine. but then WHY DO YOU DRAFT HIM IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PAY HIM? why do you draft him if you're going to make him use jeff fishers financial advisor?

the rams look fucking stupid as usual.... and i love it!

I posted that earlier ass. It's the same structure as the Pats used on Aaron Hernandez. Rookies haven't reported yet. If he misses that then it's a problem

God I just want one win versus you fucks this year. Janoris needs to sign so he can pick off one of small hands floaters, house it, and impregnate your cheerleaders post-game with his mega-semen

I almost regret rooting for you guys vs The Saints.

LJ11

Remember one scout going in depth on Dez before the draft, mentioned repeatedly what a good kid Dez is, had maturity issues but wouldn't be a problem. Didn't really mention the family situation however. Mo money mo problems.

I posted that earlier ass. It's the same structure as the Pats used on Aaron Hernandez. Rookies haven't reported yet. If he misses that then it's a problem

God I just want one win versus you fucks this year. Janoris needs to sign so he can pick off one of small hands floaters, house it, and impregnate your cheerleaders post-game with his mega-semen

I almost regret rooting for you guys vs The Saints.

Cole compares the Jenkins situation with the negotiations between the Patriots and tight end Aaron Hernandez after they drafted him in 2010. Hernandez also had some off-field red flags, so the Patriots made a deal with him: Take less upfront money than a player drafted at your slot would ordinarily get, and we’ll make it up to you with a contract that has a greater total value. Hernandez accepted that offer and it worked out well for him: He has played well on the field and avoided trouble off the field and will likely end up with more money over the course of his entire rookie contract.

But the deal the Rams are apparently offering Jenkins isn’t just a little less money upfront. It’s a lot less. And any agent would balk at that.

the rams are a pathetic organization and fisher is a joke. what do you think players think of how he's handling this? "Hey! use *MY* financial advisor or else!" uh, how about you stay the fuck out of someones finances fisher? how about you concern yourself with being anything more than an average coach? rams didn't do their homework and here we are

as for you beating the niners, lulz. good fucking luck. not that i think the niners are unbeatable but the matchup is such a bad one for the rams we would basically have to give the game away for you to even be in the game in the 4th quarter.

i see 4 wins for the rams this year: they will beat the colts, chiefs, cowboys and ravens

squicken

the rams are a pathetic organization and fisher is a joke. what do you think players think of how he's handling this? "Hey! use *MY* financial advisor or else!" uh, how about you stay the fuck out of someones finances fisher? how about you concern yourself with being anything more than an average coach? rams didn't do their homework and here we are

as for you beating the niners, lulz. good fucking luck. not that i think the niners are unbeatable but the matchup is such a bad one for the rams we would basically have to give the game away for you to even be in the game in the 4th quarter.

i see 4 wins for the rams this year: they will beat the colts, chiefs, cowboys and ravens

The financial adviser thing was shady as hell. He has kept some sketchy dudes in line so I imagine the locker room gives him the benefit of the doubt. And he's an above average to good coach. Not Harbs but good enough for now.

6 wins. They're going to snag a couple in the division. Defense could be very good. Offense will be a shit stain again

JABEE

“When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there,” Vick said.

“I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty.”

How bout, you know, instead of using the word "dynasty", at least have some credible playoff wins under your belt with that team instead of mouthing off. No better than Vince Young barking up that "Dream Team" BS.

I agree it was pretty stupid. He should have just said we have a chance to be a team that can win the Super Bowl. That is the ultimate goal. One Super Bowl.

I agree it was pretty stupid. He should have just said we have a chance to be a team that can win the Super Bowl. That is the ultimate goal. One Super Bowl.

I agree with that but I have no problem with a guy that thinks big. If he is confident that is great he is the one that has to back it up.

Top Bottom