• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Moron. State of Derrick Thomas and Leonard Little and he's out doing dumb crap. Really need him this year and he's a first time offender, but he was also a character concern last year. Part of the UNC crew who got suspended under Butchie

Damn. Rams actually have worse WRs than the Jags right now. Can't believe they went so no-name. Apparently the Rams have not had a Pro Bowl player since 2004 apart from Steven Jackson.

A St.Louis beat writer expects the top three to be this:
WR1: Danny Amendola (85 receptions in '10, IR/Dislocated Elbow)
WR2: Brian Quick (Rookie, #33 Overall, Appalachian State)
WR3: Chris Givens (Rookie, #96 Overall, Wake Forest)

Of course, Rams receivers are made of glass, so...
WR4: Steve Smith (11 receptions in '11, IR/Bone Bruise '11 after IR/microfracture in '10)
WR5: Danario Alexander (26 receptions in '11, Hamstring issues, already has missed some OTAs)
WR6: Greg Salas (27 receptions in '11, IR/Broken Tibula)
WR7: Austin Pettis (27 receptions in '11, Suspended 4 games for PEDs)
WR8: Brandon Gibson (36 receptions in '11, benched)

Campbell and Johnson are tryout receivers. Guess I don't blame them, that roster is made of glass. Starting two rookies at WR is ballsy.

They are desperate. And they did do an awful job in the offseason. They scored 193 points last year and signed Steve Smith and will start a second and fourth round selections.

cdyhybrid

Moron. State of Derrick Thomas and Leonard Little and he's out doing dumb crap. Really need him this year and he's a first time offender, but he was also a character concern last year. Part of the UNC crew who got suspended under Butchie

Seahawks are a dirty team! Lynch got a DUI! Cheatin' Pete!

squicken

Seahawks are a dirty team! Lynch got a DUI! Cheatin' Pete!

Well this is Quinn's first DUI that I know of? How many times has Lynch been down this road in his serial killer van?

Speaking of, Quinn got arrested July 10. Local press didn't find that out until today, and it was a TV station, not the paper. The paper has one beat writer and he's on vacation. That's the only guy who covers the team full time.

The Rams have such little coverage locally. Can't wait until they move to LA or London

cdyhybrid

Well this is Quinn's first DUI that I know of? How many times has Lynch been down this road in his serial killer van?

Speaking of, Quinn got arrested July 10. Local press didn't find that out until today, and it was a TV station, not the paper. The paper has one beat writer and he's on vacation. That's the only guy who covers the team full time.

The Rams have such little coverage locally. Can't wait until they move to LA or London

This is his first DUI too.

@Ravensinsider said:
Chargers cut veteran defensive end Luis Castillo.

Pats worked him out before he re-signed with the Chargers, injury must still be holding him back. Would be interesting if the Pats try to sign him again, roster is stacked already.

Milchjon

Pats worked him out before he re-signed with the Chargers, injury must still be holding him back. Would be interesting if the Pats try to sign him again, roster is stacked already.

IMO, there's enough pass rush potential on the roster, and I'd rather have Carter back. They should really try to do more about the secondary. Nobody could cover or tackle for shit last year.

IMO, there's enough pass rush potential on the roster, and I'd rather have Carter back. They should really try to do more about the secondary. Nobody could cover or tackle for shit last year.

From what I understand they are trying to re-sign Carter, problem is he sees himself as one of the league best DEs with a 10 sack season last year, but they see him as a 30-something who just tore a muscle a couple months ago. But there is still a chance they sign him, still have a roster spot open and they haven't given his number to another player. We can just hope that more pressure upfront results in better coverage.

The wildcard in all of this is Ras-I, if he can stay healthy, that would help us out a lot in the secondary and off course there is future HOF'er "Picked in the second round safety out of Illinois who's name I keep forgetting",

If we have the space to look at yet another tight end why not just go for broke and get them both and see what happens

All Steeler fans are disappointed. Jonathan Scott was released.

And by disappointed, I mean celebratory.

He'll probably be resigned. He made way too much money for being the worst left tackle ever.

Funny thing about him was that he was a serviceable right tackle.

The wildcard in all of this is Ras-I, if he can stay healthy, that would help us out a lot in the secondary and off course there is future HOF'er "Picked in the second round safety out of Illinois who's name I keep forgetting",
Dowling. Man was I tooting that guy's horn last year. Dodged a bullet there.

If we have the space to look at yet another tight end why not just go for broke and get them both and see what happens

Working out Shiancoe is interesting, lot's of TE's on the roster are injured, can never have enough.

I just remember Visante as the guy who caught a shitton of TD's from Brett a couple years ago, did age catch up with him or was it Brett who made him look a whole lot better than he ever was ?

Edit: To balance out all my football talk, I want to say that Emma Stone is much hotter than Alison Brie. Suck it Snes.

From what I understand they are trying to re-sign Carter, problem is he sees himself as one of the league best DEs with a 10 sack season last year, but they see him as a 30-something who just tore a muscle a couple months ago. But there is still a chance they sign him, still have a roster spot open and they haven't given his number to another player. We can just hope that more pressure upfront results in better coverage.

Tavon Wilson

Milchjon

Working out Shiancoe is interesting, lot's of TE's on the roster are injured, can't never have enough.

I just remember Visante as the guy who caught a shitton of TD's from Brett a couple years ago, did age catch up with him or was it Brett who made him look a whole lot better than he ever was ?

Edit: To balance out all my football talk, I want to say that Emma Stone is much hotter than Alison Brie. Suck it Snes.

There's a triumvirate of hot Emmas out there right now: Roberts, Stone, Watson. Funny, since Emma is probably among the top three least sexy names.

squicken

I saw that Michelle Jennekes video last night and knew GAF would go nuts with it. Thread didn't disappoint. But I had no idea Gawker made news items out of internet forum threads? Silly

bionic77

All Steeler fans are disappointed. Jonathan Scott was released.

And by disappointed, I mean celebratory.
Pass rushers in the North are going to miss him. He was good for 3 sacks a year. Now those fuckers will have to earn it instead of running straight at Ben. Every game Scott would just whiff on rushers 3-4 times and not even get a hand on them. He was also good for some false starts and holds too.

The coaches all loved him though. Never understood that.

squicken

Pass rushers in the North are going to miss him. He was good for 3 sacks a year. Now those fuckers will have to earn it instead of running straight at Ben. Every game Scott would just whiff on rushers 3-4 times and not even get a hand on them. He was also good for some false starts and holds too. .

Sounds like Jason Smith. Were you paying your guy $12m/yr too?

squicken

Rodgers is cocky haha

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...aron-rodgers-packers-running-game-not-a-worry

Aaron Rodgers: Packers' running game not a worry

Everyone wants to know if the Green Bay Packers will be able to run the football this season. Even Greg Jennings said last week on NFL Network it's the biggest question facing the team.

Aaron Rodgers isn't so worried.

"Do we need to? I think this is a pass-happy league, so I think it's got to start with the pass with us," the quarterback said Thursday on "NFL Total Access."

"The run has to be good enough to keep them honest, but we're going to have to throw the football to win games. We're going to have to run it probably a little bit more than we did last year," Rodgers added. "It starts with the passing game with us, and with most teams as well."

o5lAF.jpg

Y8ojW.jpg

squicken said:
Rodgers is cocky haha
I don't think he's wrong. The Pack definitely need to have someone other Rodgers leading in the running yardage total when the game ends but they are a passing team 100% and won't be moving away from that any time soon with the weapons they have.

After the year he had, he has every right to be cocky too.;)

Is anyone really asking about the Packers running game though? They won the Super Bowl with a crap run game two seasons ago and if any questions should be asked - its whether that defense will come close to the form they had in 2010.

squicken

I don't think he's wrong. The Pack definitely need to have someone other Rodgers leading in the running yardage total when the game ends but they are a passing team 100% and won't be moving away from that any time soon with the weapons they have.

After the year he had, he has every right to be cocky too.;)

Is anyone really asking about the Packers running game though? They won the Super Bowl with a crap run game two seasons ago and if any questions should be asked - its whether that defense will come close to the form they had in 2010.

Oh I agree about them being rightly pass first. But most guys fake humility and humor the press when they ask dumb questions. Rodgers doesn't it. I like it.

squicken said:
But most guys fake humility and humor the press when they ask dumb questions. Rodgers doesn't it. I like it.
Agreed. I like the way he asks "Do we need to? *cue 10 seconds of silence*

...and then manicure questions from Dukes. smh.

bionic77

Rodgers is confident not cocky
Nah he is an arrogant mofo who punches the life out of terminal cancer victims. He must be a perv to get off on that.

Hey it got you a SB though. I am sure most people in GB would gladly sacrifice a few cancer victims along with teachers and firefighters for another ring.

Nah he is an arrogant mofo who punches the life out of terminal cancer victims. He must be a perv to get off on that.

Hey it got you a SB though. I am sure most people in GB would gladly sacrifice a few cancer victims along with teachers and firefighters for another ring.

To be fair, they don't need teachers in Wisconson. Pawpaw can teach them how to make cheese and cousin Betty will still marry them even if they don't have no 'fancy' high school education.

Vyroxis

Banned

He is decent, Brett made him look amazing. He needs a top notch QB to really shine.

Top Bottom