• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Oh I see, I didnt realize that he would have won a SB his first year as a starter, especially after suffering such a serious concussion in week 1.

bro we're talking about kevin fucking kolb here. you don't understand how he would have taken the eagles to a dominating championship run? you of all people? did you not see his game in 2008 vs. the chiefs or the other game vs. the saints when the eagles got blown out but he dinked and dunked for 300 yards? kolb is realer than real deal holyfield so now you hookers and hoes know how i feel well if its good enough to get broke off a proper chunk i take a small piece of some of that funky stuff

squicken

I believe I said SF should have traded it's 2011 2nd for Kolb, so I'm going to blame Wiz. I mean besides Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald falling in his lap, what has he actually done there for their offense?

When Wiz gets fired and Kolb cut he needs to go back to HOU and back up Schaub. Perfect offense for him. Let's him move and boots give him plenty of room to throw

I believe I said SF should have traded it's 2011 2nd for Kolb, so I'm going to blame Wiz. I mean besides Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald falling in his lap, what has he actually done there for their offense?

When Wiz gets fired and Kolb cut he needs to go back to HOU and back up Schaub. Perfect offense for him. Let's him move and boots give him plenty of room to throw

that's the beauty of harbs. if we traded for kolb, people would be saying "wow what a great trade!" at this point because kolb would've put up good #'s in harbs offense and won a lot of games. but instead he gets stuck with a sorry ass coach and a sorry ass team. tough luck buddy, but yankeehater will always be there for you!

squicken

seattle has the top rated maple bar stealing wr's in the league though

They cut Williams and besides Golden he was the only one I can remember. Such a shitty division. Seattle has a rep as a great home crowd but that's b/c they get free wins vs Rams and Cards.

Things are changing though

Deon Butler with a broken leg is better than any Rams WR. Sidney Rice after 3 concussions is better than any Rams WR. Golden Tate after a fifth of Grey Goose carrying 30 donuts is better than any Rams WR.

Insulting Rams receivers doesn't have the effect on me you think it does. Just another year of Bradford excuses lined up

cdyhybrid

Figure they'll split w/ SEA and AZ. Cheatin' Pete is already down one criminal. I'm not sure which midget QB is supposed to light it up for you guys but your WRs are almost Rams bad

Deon Butler with a broken leg is better than any Rams WR. Sidney Rice after 3 concussions is better than any Rams WR. Golden Tate after a fifth of Grey Goose carrying 30 donuts is better than any Rams WR.

now that i think about it, who are the rams starting WR's? brandon lloyd left. for the life of me i can't think of who they would be.

oh amendola. but besides him? i'll look it up

squicken

now that i think about it, who are the rams starting WR's? brandon lloyd left. for the life of me i can't think of who they would be.

oh amendola. but besides him? i'll look it up

2 rookies and probably Amendola

edit: our WRs

KV55m.jpg

84 Alexander, Danario - lulz
16 Amendola, Danny - decent slot receiver
15 Campbell, Mike - who?
11 Gibson, Brandon - lulz
13 Givens, Chris - who?
14 Johnson, Nick - who?
18 Pettis, Austin - lulz
83 Quick, Brian - a rookie with potential
87 Salas, Greg - lulz
12 Smith, Steve - uhhhh maybe he pans out and returns to semi-decent form. hasn't been the same since his injury though

squicken

84 Alexander, Danario - lulz
16 Amendola, Danny - decent slot receiver
15 Campbell, Mike - who? --idk either
11 Gibson, Brandon - lulz indeed
13 Givens, Chris - who? rookie might start
14 Johnson, Nick - who? no idea
18 Pettis, Austin - lulz suspended roids will be cut
83 Quick, Brian - a rookie with potential
87 Salas, Greg - lulz-actually flashed. slot guy though
12 Smith, Steve - uhhhh maybe he pans out and returns to semi-decent form. hasn't been the same since his injury though

Only "proven" guys are in slot. And Schotty never threw to slot in NY so that'll be interesting

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ann Romney dismissed concerns about her husband’s tax returns Thursday, contending that the two of them have “given all you people need to know.”

“You know, you should really look at where Mitt has led his life, and where he’s been financially,” the potential first lady said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “He’s a very generous person. We give 10 percent of our income to our church every year. Do you think that is the kind of person who is trying to hide things, or do things? No. He is so good about it. Then, when he was governor of Massachusetts, didn’t take a salary for four years.”

“We’ve given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and how we live our life,” she added later.

Can't wait for the Obama ads using this clip with her saying YOU PEOPLE over and over. I will laugh every time. Seeing YOU PEOPLE trend on Twitter was pretty hilarious too.

rip snes

Milchjon

How does giving 10% of your income to your church make you generous? You're basically paying for a service.

YOU PEOPLE!

Apart from the fact that giving money to your questionable church has no effect on what you pay in taxes. I read that as "As a possible First Lady, I do not understand/disagree with the concept of separation of church and state". SMH at her argument.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think the only people in the world who should be able to use the term "you people" are myself and Dutch Patriot.

RBH

timtebownewyorkjetsota2lpmycg4lt_l-e1342707499528.jpg

We’ve heard a lot about Tim Tebow this offseason, but we still don’t know exactly how the Jets will use him on offense this season.

The Jets always say that he’s a backup quarterback, although that’s mitigated by talk about about playing him 20 snaps a game and Wildcat/read-option formations that could grow into something more. The latest suggestion is that the Jets are going to use Tebow as their quarterback in the red zone.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com reports that team insiders have told him that the Jets will replace Mark Sanchez with Tebow in the red zone in order to bolster the running game.

Tebow’s presence would give the team an extra blocker — be it a back or Tebow himself — in the run game and, presumably, make it easier for the team to get into the end zone.

The funny thing about this plan is that the red zone was the one area in the field where the Jets offense thrived last season. Only the Lions scored more touchdowns on their trips into the red zone last season and the problem with the Jets was their inability to move the ball inside the opponents’ 20-yard-line often enough to avoid an 8-8 season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lan-to-use-tim-tebow-as-red-zone-quarterback/

Damn. Rams actually have worse WRs than the Jags right now. Can't believe they went so no-name. Apparently the Rams have not had a Pro Bowl player since 2004 apart from Steven Jackson.

A St.Louis beat writer expects the top three to be this:
WR1: Danny Amendola (85 receptions in '10, IR/Dislocated Elbow)
WR2: Brian Quick (Rookie, #33 Overall, Appalachian State)
WR3: Chris Givens (Rookie, #96 Overall, Wake Forest)

Of course, Rams receivers are made of glass, so...
WR4: Steve Smith (11 receptions in '11, IR/Bone Bruise '11 after IR/microfracture in '10)
WR5: Danario Alexander (26 receptions in '11, Hamstring issues, already has missed some OTAs)
WR6: Greg Salas (27 receptions in '11, IR/Broken Tibula)
WR7: Austin Pettis (27 receptions in '11, Suspended 4 games for PEDs)
WR8: Brandon Gibson (36 receptions in '11, benched)

Campbell and Johnson are tryout receivers. Guess I don't blame them, that roster is made of glass. Starting two rookies at WR is ballsy.

Manhattan?
You people. Worst part of being an NFL fan in Australia is that when they show the Superbowl you better hope an Australian (punter) isn't playing in it (Rocca, McBriar or Graham). When the cards played in the Superbowl and Graham was playing the commentators only talked about him the entire coverage like anybody gave a fuck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You people. Worst part of being an NFL fan in Australia is that when they show the Superbowl you better hope an Australian (punter) isn't playing in it (Rocca, McBriar or Graham). When the cards played in the Superbowl and Graham was playing the commentators only talked about him the entire coverage like anybody gave a fuck.

Don't worry Hayden Smith will make the Jets roster this year. At least they'll be talking about an actually relevant player this time around!

bionic77

Dez story is fucked up. I can't really judge him.
I said that from day one.

Concerning Vick's comments, if he is right would Eagle fans handle that success well? Keep in mind I don't see them as a dynasty i just wanted to start the discussion.

FMT has proven that Niner fans can't handle it. And if the Eagles win it all we need to bring Duce back somehow.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Football Outsiders - 91 Eagles had best defense in the past 20 years:

As great as the Redskins were, the Eagles may have been even more interesting. The 1991 Eagles completely lap the field in terms of defensive DVOA. Only the 2002 Bucs had a better pass defense, and only the 2000 Ravens had a better run defense, and the Eagles were much more balanced than either of those teams.

It’s crazy to imagine how few points the Eagles might have given up if they were playing with a halfway-decent offense instead of losing Randall Cunningham to a torn ACL in the first game of the season. The Eagles were stuck depending on an over-the-hill Jim McMahon for 11 starts, plus Jeff Kemp for two and Brad Goebel for two. McMahon actually wasn’t half bad, with 6.9% passing DVOA, but the other two quarterbacks were awful, especially Goebel who had no touchdowns with six interceptions. And the running game was dreadful, with 3.1 yards per carry as a team.

Still, the Eagles were fifth in the league in points allowed, and first in yards allowed by nearly 400 yards — and the team that was second in yards allowed is also on that top-ten defenses list, the 1991 New Orleans Saints. The Eagles allowed 3.9 yards per play, where no other team allowed fewer than 4.5. As bad as their running game was, their run defense was even better, allowing 3.0 yards per carry. Three-fourths of the starting defensive line was All-Pro (Reggie White, Jerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons). Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen made the Pro Bowl as well.

bOA1n.png

They also mention the 91 Redskins as being a better overall team than the 07 Patriots.

00sfv.png

LJ11

04 Bills defense was pretty good, but they padded their numbers against some terrible competition. Wiped the floor with the NFC West. If you were an average to below average team you were getting your shit pushed in for 4 quarters. That schedule was a cake walk.

D was exposed by NE and melted down late against the Jets, was actually at that game.

Top Bottom