• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

I liked it too.

People in Off-Topic are melting down and overreacting.

Sure it was a touch unwieldly and there were a couple cheese moments but I thought the film was quite good. A bit worse than The Dark Knight while being better than Batman Begins.

I guess im not too much of a movie critic to notice all the details and stuff but I really enjoyed it.

Slo

I liked it too.

People in Off-Topic are melting down and overreacting.

Sure it was a touch unwieldly and there were a couple cheese moments but I thought the film was quite good. A bit worse than The Dark Knight while being better than Batman Begins.

You guys have to remember that for some GAFers, everything in their lives has lead up to this movie, and their existence is peaking at this moment. After this disappointment the only thing they have left to live for is the minigames for the WiiU.

LJ11

You guys have to remember that for some GAFers, everything in their lives has lead up to this movie, and their existence is peaking at this moment. After this disappointment the only thing they have left to live for is the minigames for the WiiU.

LOL

I've watched one trailer and know nothing else. Didn't even know who played Bane until the other day.

I'm in the minority when it comes to the last two films, thought BB was better than TDK. Joker was awesome, but that's about all I remember from TDK. Haven't watched it since, will do so tonight though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

"Those People" are banned.

"Batmans suit doesnt have enough grey in it,movie sucks"

"Batmans suit doesnt have enough grey in it,movie sucks"

Yep, I haven't even watched the movie yet and I can already tell that some of the guys over there allowed themselves to hype this movie up to unreasonable levels and worse yet, they bought into it.

For those guys, even a very good movie would be a massive disappointment.

squicken

A little FF mixed with Xs & Os
No Batman though

Proponents of the zone scheme believe that running backs are a dime a dozen. They believe that great running backs can do great things in this offense, but above average backs can do good things. It’s always cheaper to have two good backs instead of one great one. That’s the mindset.

While there is data to corroborate that philosophy, offenses are at their best when they have a single horse they lean more heavily on. Vision and tempo varies from runner to runner and the zone scheme is at its best when the running back and offensive line are all working in tandem and that comes from multiple reps.

When Arian Foster went out, Ben Tate stepped right in and posted strong numbers; however, the difference between the two backs was obvious once Foster came back. It is one thing to post strong numbers, but it is quite another to dominate a game.

I could easily be writing this article about Roy Helu or Evan Royster. Royster’s background and body type probably matches Foster more closely than Helu’s does. The difference to me is that Helu has better burst and a greater ability to affect games out of the backfield than Royster does. Foster’s ability to make plays out of the backfield (as well as vision) is a big part of who he is as a playmaker. I see Helu as the potential Foster and Royster as Ben Tate.

The Redskins offense is based on the play-action game with the bootleg being featured prominently. The zone scheme (especially outside zone plays), helps to set up wide open opportunities for the quarterback with his play-action bootlegs. Similarly, a successful bootleg game can force defensive ends or weak-side linebackers to stay at home which helps to open things up for the running game.

With RG3 under center, defensive ends are going to be very aware of his ability to get outside the pocket on bootlegs and make big plays with his feet. Defensive coordinators will have to mix things up and “spy” him with a combination of defensive ends, linebackers and safeties.

The Atlanta Falcons lead the league in rushing for three straight years in part because of Michael Vick’s rushing yards, but also because the threat of Vick getting outside the pocket in the play-action attack opened up cutback lanes for Warrick Dunn.

Griffin will keep safeties off the linethanks to his deep ball ability and will keep backside defenders guessing thanks to his ability to tear off huge chunks of yardage with his feet. Add it all up and we are almost certain to see a monster year from Helu or Royster..... if Mike Shanahan gives one of them a chance to be the lead dog. If he goes with a committee approach, we are still likely to see the Redskins as one of the top three rushing teams in the league.

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/redskins-running-game-poised-explosion

squicken

The obvious difference between Foster and Tate? When Tate is in they NEVER throw to him. jnc

They pretty much ran him every time he was in after Foster got back. He can't pass block, and he's useless as a decoy pass catcher, b/c as you said, they never throw it to him. He was pretty much a rookie so he can get better at that.

As a runner I think he's not patient enough. Foster just sort of glides along and cuts hard upfiled. Tate's almost an I-back the way he runs

do these fucking idiots from penn state realize what joe paterno didn't do? do they realize he basically allowed a disgusting child molesting shit stain to harm little boys and probably ruin their lives? and you want thet statue to stay up? fucking stupid

do these fucking idiots from penn state realize what joe paterno didn't do? do they realize he basically allowed a disgusting child molesting shit stain to harm little boys and probably ruin their lives? and you want thet statue to stay up? fucking stupid
DO YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE!!!!1!11 They should give that program the death penalty. Seeing parents take their young children to take photos with a statue of a man who enabled child rape...seriously fuck Penn State forever.

LJ11

Royster is pretty shitty, when I watched him run I realized one thing, Stefen Wisniewski can ball. So many yards gained on his blocks. Like Helu though.

With regards to RG3, he may have the wheels but doesn't display the running ability of Newton or Vick. It'll be interesting to see how he develops that part of his game. You'll have to keep the backside end in contain on zone runs which leaves you with one less man to block up front, so the S will have to scrape down and clean up. This will gives you a shitload of one on ones on the outside, up to the receivers to win the one on ones.

squicken

Royster is pretty shitty, when I watched him run I realized one thing, Stefen Wisniewski can ball. So many yards gained on his blocks. Like Helu though.

With regards to RG3, he may have the wheels but doesn't display the running ability of Newton or Vick. It'll be interesting to see how he develops that part of his game. You'll have to keep the backside end in contain on zone runs which leaves you with one less man to block up front, so the S will have to scrape down and clean up. This will gives you a shitload of one on ones on the outside, up to the receivers to win the one on ones.

What it does for HOU so well is that, even if Schaub isn't a runner, if a QB can boot and then stand at a spot for 2 seconds longer b/c the end didn't contain, that's a huge stress on the secondary. RG3 is going to hit his roll point so much quicker than Schaub (though he'll have to learn to sell the run like Schaub) that he's going to have open space and natural passing lanes to throw the ball unless that DE stays with him. It's why I love the Denver offense. Even a goober like Schaub can still "block" a man on run plays

But the WRs still have to win, and the backs have to make their reads. It's nice to have Andre Johnson and Arian Foster no matter what offense you run. In his prime AJ would simply fly past DBs who hesitated for half a second. WAS has no one that can do that

Tom Brady is Catwoman.

Fixed.

tom_brady_slide.jpg

Perfect resemblance.

Top Bottom