• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Greg

I just want to see a nice firm handshake between the two!
snBXg.png

MechDX

Duane Brown, LT for the Texans is on his honeymoon in Thailand after marrying some DJ from NY:

DuaneBrown76 Forgot to mention while on this island, to gauge myself against my competition this upcoming season, I played tug-of-war wit an elephant.... 10 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Only LT in the league last year to not give up a sack and is now doing tug-o-war against elephants!

DuaneBrown76 It was funny to hear the chant "SHAQ, SHAQ, SHAQ, SHAQ" when I stepped outta the audience to challenge the elephant lol 10 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

You people...

Really need to get this guy signed up befor he is a free agent next year.

Joe Flacco: I'll be a Baltimore Raven for a long time

altimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco shrugged off concerns about a long-term cotract on Saturday, saying, "I see myself being here for many years, no matter what happens," the Carroll County Times reported.

Flacco is entering the final year of his rookie contract. He is due a salary of $6.76 million this season.

"I'm not worried about it," Flacco said Saturday night at an event for the Special Olympics. "I told Joe (Joe Linta, Flacco's agent) don't even call me. I'm not worried about it. Unless you have some kind of crazy news, then don't concern me with it.

"I'm going to go out there, I'm going to play, I'm going to practice. There really is no timetable. If it happens, it happens."

The Ravens recently inked running back Ray Rice to a five-year, $40 million contract.

"I was happy for him," Flacco said. "I sent him a text right away, 'Congratulations.' He deserves it. He played his a__ off the last couple of years. It's just good to see that he has the security and that he can feel comfortable."

A source close to the situation recently told NFL.com that there is a "75 percent chance" a deal with Flacco will be done before the start of training camp.

XeA62.jpg

Larry and Bionic must be overjoyed!

G-Fex

Ænima;40129305 said:
Frauds meaning they had one good year, but will revert back to their typical sucking ways this season.

In my totally unbiased opinion, you should select the Washington Redskins. Here is why.

1) Legendary 2x Superbowl winning head coach.
2) Young rookie future Hall-of-Famer quarterback
3) Smothering secondary filled with castoffs from other teams that are bound to have breakout years

Impressive

Vikings!

They suck now but they are a historically good/successful franchise. They are however notorious chokers when it comes to big games.

26 playoff appearances in 51 years as a team with no championship to show for it!

Nice

Thanks guys for the suggestions this stuff really helps a lot.

I'm hoping to make my decision soon before August.

Browns, Harry Demeanor? Those guys that NewLegacyInc make fun of?

squicken

squicken

I wish snes was here for this

1. RB LeGARRETTE BLOUNT

THEN: His lack of commitment was startling to coaches from the day he was claimed off waivers from the Titans an undrafted rookie in 2010. For the first two weeks after being acquired by Tampa Bay, Blount, who was suspended at Oregon for punching a Boise State player, never made it to work on time and compiled fines of more than $15,000. Exasperated, then-coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik ordered him to hire a car service with a driver to wake him up in the morning and transport him less than 3 miles from his apartment to One Buc Place. After a few weeks, they canceled the car service for one day. And Blount was late. He continued to need a driver to get to work in 2011. But his poor preparation habits also spread to the meeting room, where coaches said he would sometimes fall asleep. On the field, Blount struggled to hold onto the football. He has fumbled nine times in two years, losing six, and rarely played on passing downs. A knee injury at San Francisco prevented Blount from playing in two games last season, and he finished with 781 yards (4.2 per rush average) and five touchdowns.

Freeman, 24, dropped 20 pounds in the offseason, down to 235. Coaches talk about his rededication. He has spent a lot of time with new offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan and quarterbacks coach Ron Turner trying to improve his fundamentals and footwork.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...ampa-bay-buccaneers-need-a-turnaround/1241602

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/22/lions-extremely-disappointed-by-aaron-berry-arrest/

Lions actually sent out a tweet about their own player getting arrested, and have a blog post that's mostly hyperbole about being disappointed. Does seem to be some ground swell for them to clean things up, but they may also become the whipping boy for all that went wrong with this offseason league-wide

I'll believe it when Mayhew stops drafting guys who get arrested multiple times and hires a coach who keeps his anger under control.

squicken

Jason Lisk ‏@JasonLisk
More damaging than the death penalty? I'm guessing they are requiring Matt Millen to take charge.

lol

I'll believe it when Mayhew stops drafting guys who get arrested multiple times and hires a coach who keeps his anger under control.

Broyles is a good guy. Had some early troubles but really grew into a quality player with a solid work ethic.

RBH

Coaches say he ballooned to 360 pounds at times last season. Mindful of an upcoming weigh-in, he would wear a rubber shirt under his jersey during practice. Some claimed the routine made him irritable and dehydrated and likely affected his performance on Sunday.

It's unclear if or how many times he failed to reach his weight limit. By agreement, he doesn't have to step on a scale the final month of the season. Not coincidentally, that's when he played his worst football in 2011.
c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Broyles is a good guy. Had some early troubles but really grew into a quality player with a solid work ethic.

I'm excited to see Broyles on this squad.

I'm not, however, excited to see our secondary look like a Pop Warner team each week.

I see 8-8 or 7-9.

squicken

Bucs and Rams just seem like such natural overs for their season win totals. Singletary proved just how much a bad coach can kill a team. Even if Schiano is just average they'll win 6-7 games

I say that but the Rams are up to 6 now. Were at 5.5 initially. Guess stay away since that's about right. Bucs though I'd still go over

Bucs and Rams just seem like such natural overs for their season win totals. Singletary proved just how much a bad coach can kill a team. Even if Schiano is just average they'll win 6-7 games

I say that but the Rams are up to 6 now. Were at 5.5 initially. Guess stay away since that's about right. Bucs though I'd still go over

neither schiano nor jeff fisher is close to being in jim harbaughs class. i could potentially see the bucs getting up to 6 wins because the NFC South is pathetic, but the rams will top out at 4 wins

squicken

neither schiano nor jeff fisher is close to being in jim harbaughs class. i could potentially see the bucs getting up to 6 wins because the NFC South is pathetic, but the rams will top out at 4 wins

The Rams 5 year average under totally incompetent coaches is 3 wins/year. You may think Fisher is overrated, but he's at worst average. 4 wins is absurd unless Bradford gets hurt again

squicken

Lions could field their 2nd string offensive players on the defensive side of the ball and still stop the pathetic Rams feeble attempts at offense

Can't argue with that. Wish I could. They were awful last year and no attempts were made at serious improvement. D has top 10 potential assuming Quinn stays out of jail and Janoris agrees to Fisher's contract demands

Fox318

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/22/lions-extremely-disappointed-by-aaron-berry-arrest/

Lions actually sent out a tweet about their own player getting arrested, and have a blog post that's mostly hyperbole about being disappointed. Does seem to be some ground swell for them to clean things up, but they may also become the whipping boy for all that went wrong with this offseason league-wide

edit: NCAA has press conf on Mon for Pedo U. "Unprecedented penalties" coming

10 year football death penalty.

4 year death penalty for every other sport team.

After 4 years for other sports no scholarships for the next 6.

Teams must honor scholarships for current students.

Library should be renamed the Child Rape Awareness Library.

Statue should stand as a monument to a culture that glorifies a man who aided in child rape.

There should be nothing but suffering.

The Rams 5 year average under totally incompetent coaches is 3 wins/year. You may think Fisher is overrated, but he's at worst average. 4 wins is absurd unless Bradford gets hurt again

lolllllllllllll as if bradford is some important player. lets take a look:

Kellen Clemens - 0-3 record, 48/91, 546 yards, 2 TD, 1 int, sacked 9 times, 73.8 rating
AJ Feeley - 1-2 record, 53/97, 548 yards, 1 td, 2 int, sacked 10 times, 66 QB Rating
Sam Bradford - 1-9 record, 191/357, 2,164 yards, 6 TD, 6 int, sacked 36 times, 70 QB rating

the last 4 games of his "incredible rookie season!", he was 1-3 (with the only win coming against mike singletary and his idiotic coaching) and had 1 td/5 int's and throwing barely above 50% completion. keep in mind, 50% completion when all he was doing was throwing short throws. just awful.

Bradford is nothing special. He has shitty pocket presence and the only reason he had any success as a rookie is it took a few games for teams to get his tendencies down. bradford isn't awful but he really isn't significantly better than your backups. your front office should've addressed the offensive line and WR spots but didn't

squicken

lolllllllllllll as if bradford is some important player. lets take a look:

Kellen Clemens - 0-3 record, 48/91, 546 yards, 2 TD, 1 int, sacked 9 times, 73.8 rating
AJ Feeley - 1-2 record, 53/97, 548 yards, 1 td, 2 int, sacked 10 times, 66 QB Rating
Sam Bradford - 1-9 record, 191/357, 2,164 yards, 6 TD, 6 int, sacked 36 times, 70 QB rating

the last 4 games of his "incredible rookie season!", he was 1-3 (with the only win coming against mike singletary and his idiotic coaching) and had 1 td/5 int's and throwing barely above 50% completion. keep in mind, 50% completion when all he was doing was throwing short throws. just awful.

Bradford is nothing special. He has shitty pocket presence and the only reason he had any success as a rookie is it took a few games for teams to get his tendencies down. bradford isn't awful but he really isn't significantly better than your backups. your front office should've addressed the offensive line and WR spots but didn't

This. I really have no rebuttal to any of that and won't this year either. There's simply nothing there to do anything with. By the end of the year I hope the rookies flash a little potential and Bradford isn't in a wheelchair

This. I really have no rebuttal to any of that and won't this year either. There's simply nothing there to do anything with. By the end of the year I hope the rookies flash a little potential and Bradford isn't in a wheelchair

i was baffled you didn't take decastro after trading down. i guess maybe he dropped for a reason but shit at that point you might reach a bit (and i wouldn't have called that a reach!). you guys did luck out by passing on blackmon though!

squicken

i was baffled you didn't take decastro after trading down. i guess maybe he dropped for a reason but shit at that point you might reach a bit (and i wouldn't have called that a reach!). you guys did luck out by passing on blackmon though!

I chatted on Twitter with a draft guy on this, b/c I wanted OL and WR as well. Apparently the NFL thinks the difference between an elite guard/center and an average one is small relative to other positions. They just don't impact the game much unless they suck. Pats have had the best pass blocking line in the league for awhile and they never use first round picks on linemen

Quarterbacks, guys who hit quarterbacks, and guys who score touchdowns. They win games. And the difference between great and average is a chasm

jakncoke

Banned
Jason Lisk ‏@JasonLisk
More damaging than the death penalty? I'm guessing they are requiring Matt Millen to take charge.

lol

evil bastards

edit: NCAA has press conf on Mon for Pedo U. "Unprecedented penalties" coming

ugh here comes the death penalty, be right back in 10 years. fml :baltimorelarry

Pats have had the best pass blocking line in the league for awhile and they never use first round picks on linemen

Nate Solder, Damien Woody and Mankins are all first rounders. Vollmer is a second rounder and so was Matt Light.

So they invest a lot in their line, but having the best O-line coach in Scarnecchia around helps a lot too.

MechDX

Does seem like a Mario 3-sack game after none versus Pats or Jets

Glad for Els but I cannot believe Scott choked that away

Depends on when the Rams play the Bills.

Before week 6 and Bradford is doomed.
After week 6 Bradford is ok because Mario will be hurt.

I chatted on Twitter with a draft guy on this, b/c I wanted OL and WR as well. Apparently the NFL thinks the difference between an elite guard/center and an average one is small relative to other positions. They just don't impact the game much unless they suck. Pats have had the best pass blocking line in the league for awhile and they never use first round picks on linemen

Quarterbacks, guys who hit quarterbacks, and guys who score touchdowns. They win games. And the difference between great and average is a chasm

i guess but take a look at a guy like steve hutchinson in seattle. huge difference. i don't believe that all guards who aren't horrible are equal. iupati has been an absolute beast for us in the running game. he has lapses in pass protection but he has been a pretty big part of our running success the past couple years.

and i wasn't suggesting that the rams HAD to go o-line in the first but it looks like they picked 1 offensive lineman late in the draft and didn't get anyone in FA. you can roll the dice and hope for a gem late but people need to understand that the some reasons why teams like the patriots and colts have a "great offensive line" is because of the QB behind center.

Matthew Stafford- No arrests or team rules violations
Brandon Pettigrew- No arrests, just a really dumb personal foul against the Saints
Louis Delmas- No arrests, very vocal and can rub ther players the wrong way (see Titus Young)
Deandre Levy- No arrests or team mishaps
Derrick Williams- lol
Sammie Lee Hill- No arrests or team mishaps
Aaron Brown- lol
Lydon Murtha- who?
Zack Follet- No arrests or team violations (poor guy)
Dan Gronkowski- Social butterfly who knows a good..... Fuck, this is the lame Gronk

Ndamukong Suh- Stomping on people
Jahvid Best- No arrests or team mishaps
Amari Spievey- No arrests or team mishaps
Jason Fox- No arrests or team violations
Willie Young- Better than Cliff Avril and no arrests
Tim Toone- Still irrelevant

Nick Fairley- Arrested and all around thug (but trying to rehab image!)
Titus Young- No arrests but a scuffle with Louis Delmas in mini camp
Mikel Leshoure- Arrest for marijuana charges and missing court date and a 2 game suspension for it
Doug Hogue- questionable pick, but no arrests or team missteps
Johnny Culbreath- arrested for marijuana charges

And 2012 isn't worth mentioning yet because they are all still rookies and havn't been in trouble yet.

So, out of the 29 players drafted by the Mayhew regime (including 2012 draftees) 3 have been arrested, with all 3 being from the same draft class. so that is roughly 10% of his draft picks. Not good, but not that bad. One of those arrested was a 7th round pick too. We, unfortunately, have players like Matthew Stafford and Jeff Backus doing good things for the community but ultimately being overshadowed by 3 guys (4 if you count UDFA Aaron Berry) who are still young and stupid, but will likely overcome the immaturity
except for Fairley, maybe

Regarding Schwartz; Yeah, I've called for his head last season during that awful stretch. But in reality, he and Mayhew have turned a team that was 0-16 and had an absolute dearth of talent comparatively into a 10-6 team, who made the playoffs for the first time this decade, in 3 years. I think that should buy them both some time to try and get things sorted out.

Top Bottom