• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

They signed GB's center but otherwise did nothing. There's no defending their offseason. They say they had so many holes they just focused on value. I think they view Bradford as a sunk cost or something and know if he bombs they have 4 #1s in next to years to get "their" guy

No joke but the best thing for his career would be to have a fluke week 1 injury. They've set him up to fail

Edit. On phone sorry fir not quoting

Matthew Stafford- No arrests or team rules violations
Brandon Pettigrew- No arrests, just a really dumb personal foul against the Saints
Louis Delmas- No arrests, very vocal and can rub ther players the wrong way (see Titus Young)
Deandre Levy- No arrests or team mishaps
Derrick Williams- lol
Sammie Lee Hill- No arrests or team mishaps
Aaron Brown- lol
Lydon Murtha- who?
Zack Follet- No arrests or team violations (poor guy)
Dan Gronkowski- Social butterfly who knows a good..... Fuck, this is the lame Gronk

Ndamukong Suh- Stomping on people
Jahvid Best- No arrests or team mishaps
Amari Spievey- No arrests or team mishaps
Jason Fox- No arrests or team violations
Willie Young- Better than Cliff Avril and no arrests
Tim Toone- Still irrelevant

Nick Fairley- Arrested and all around thug (but trying to rehab image!)
Titus Young- No arrests but a scuffle with Louis Delmas in mini camp
Mikel Leshoure- Arrest for marijuana charges and missing court date and a 2 game suspension for it
Doug Hogue- questionable pick, but no arrests or team missteps
Johnny Culbreath- arrested for marijuana charges

And 2012 isn't worth mentioning yet because they are all still rookies and havn't been in trouble yet.

So, out of the 29 players drafted by the Mayhew regime (including 2012 draftees) 3 have been arrested, with all 3 being from the same draft class. so that is roughly 10% of his draft picks. Not good, but not that bad. One of those arrested was a 7th round pick too. We, unfortunately, have players like Matthew Stafford and Jeff Backus doing good things for the community but ultimately being overshadowed by 3 guys (4 if you count UDFA Aaron Berry) who are still young and stupid, but will likely overcome the immaturity
except for Fairley, maybe

Regarding Schwartz; Yeah, I've called for his head last season during that awful stretch. But in reality, he and Mayhew have turned a team that was 0-16 and had an absolute dearth of talent comparatively into a 10-6 team, who made the playoffs for the first time this decade, in 3 years. I think that should buy them both some time to try and get things sorted out.

if i were shortz i would have resigned immediately after harbs crushed my hand with his iron grip. i would have then gone into hiding and lived out the rest of my days in seclusion

fixed. you just know they arent going to let this cash cow sit round for long.

i think he means just the nolan batmans. of course this isn't going to be the last batman movie ever but it will be the last nolan batman ever. sucks for the next cast/director who gets the next round of batman movies because i doubt it will ever be topped

fixed. you just know they arent going to let this cash cow sit round for long.

While that is true I think it is over for me. I really think these movies have set the bar so high anything they do after this will be a massive disappointment. I hate to say it but I think this is the end of me being interested in Batman as a character in movies.

Megapost incoming.

:jnc everything on that page is so true
RIP snes

XeA62.jpg

Larry and Bionic must be overjoyed!

Poor Larry, dude just can't catch a break.

From the other thread, during the takedown of the statue:

smh Penn State

The Bucs are fat and eat too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/Middle-Finger.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

She could buy me a diner...if she fixed her sharp knees.

/neogaf 2

[quote="bionic77, post: 40143011"]Batman was epic. Only word for that movie. Now back to the kids![/QUOTE]

[quote="yankeehater, post: 40144446"]Man TDKR was so good. It was a great way to send off the franchise.[/QUOTE]

Just got home from watching it. My god. Nolan, you sonovabitch, you did it.

While that is true I think it is over for me. I really think these movies have set the bar so high anything they do after this will be a massive disappointment. I hate to say it but I think this is the end of me being interested in Batman as a character in movies.

i think if they take a different route and respect the audience enough to NOT do another "origins" batman story it could work. but if they're going to start from scratch again i don't know. look at how mediocre spiderman was, and the original spiderman trilogy couldn't pass for traces of shit on batmans boot.

i think if they take a different route and respect the audience enough to NOT do another "origins" batman story it could work. but if they're going to start from scratch again i don't know. look at how mediocre spiderman was, and the original spiderman trilogy couldn't pass for traces of shit on batmans boot.

See this is my fear. I think they are in an impossible situation, go dark and everyone will compare it to the Nolan movies, go more campy and people will say why arnt they more dark. I think the hardest thing for them will be doing villians going forward. I think Nolan did such a great job with the Joker, Bane and Scarecrow, I dont see any of them working any other way now. I really had my doubts about Bane going in, but Hardy destroyed that role. Without even being able to use facial expressions he still delivered so much emotion and intensity. He totally made the movie for me.

Edit: Jack I think you are right and it is going to be such a disaster.

jakncoke

Banned
See this is my fear. I think they are in an impossible situation, go dark and everyone will compare it to the Nolan movies, go more campy and people will say why arnt they more dark. I think the hardest thing for them will be doing villians going forward. I think Nolan did such a great job with the Joker, Bane and Scarecrow, I dont see any of them working any other way now. I really had my doubts about Bane going in, but Hardy destroyed that role. Without even being able to use facial expressions he still delivered so much emotion and intensity. He totally made the movie for me.

Edit: Jack I think you are right and it is going to be such a disaster.

Yep!

I have a feeling there is going to be a
robin/catwoman
movie before they start a new story arc.
If it leads to
2 Batmans being onscreen at the same time
, I'm in favor of it.

But I don't think they're doing shit. Nolan is done with the franchise, which means that Bale is done with the franchise, so the only way is...

No, it's not happening. Next Batman will be a reboot, hopefully with self-contained TAS-style stories.

squicken

I make fun but I like Hines. If I were a Steelers fan, I'm not sure whose jersey I'd buy for my kid if he wanted one. I could never give him #7, and after that, I'm not sure what current player. Probably Troy Polamalu even if he's at the end of his career. But Hines would have been the guy during his career for sure.

Rorschach

I make fun but I like Hines. If I were a Steelers fan, I'm not sure whose jersey I'd buy for my kid if he wanted one. I could never give him #7, and after that, I'm not sure what current player. Probably Troy Polamalu even if he's at the end of his career. But Hines would have been the guy during his career for sure.

Already making plans for the future?

Top Bottom