• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

cdyhybrid

Fuck I'm in despair right now. That damn gator opened up some wounds.

In my terrible sports life (NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB) I have only witnessed 2 championships (world series)...and both those championships were the only time my team actually made it to the finals of it's respective league.

I'm gonna go lie down wow.

It could be worse - you could be a Seattle sports fan.

Michael Vick isn’t backing down from the “dynasty” talk.

Vick, who raised eyebrows recently when he said he thinks the Eagles have a chance to build a dynasty with the talent they have on the roster right now, said today that he thinks the confidence he expressed is shared by his teammates, and with good reason.

“That’s just me speaking out of confidence, and I think if you ask my teammates they’ll tell you the same thing, that they feel the same way,” Vick told CSNPhilly.com. “As a quarterback that’s just how I feel. You’ve got to speak it into existence. You gotta aim to shoot for the stars, and if you miss at least you’ll be amongst them, and . . . I think that’s gotta be our mind-set. But it all starts on the practice field. It all starts right now, it all starts here and that’s going out and putting in the hard work and the effort to get there.”

lulz vick is a fucking moron. this coming from a dude who hasn't won a playoff game in almost 10 years and from a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years.... on the cusp of a dynasty folks!

If you look for plot holes in a comic book move you can never enjoy it. A much bigger hole was how he spent 3 months in a hole with people who knew bane and the chick and yet they never clearly explained to him the child was a girl and bane was the protector.

I thought the ending was a perfect way to end the trilogy. And it fits in with the movie, remember Alfred was telling him how he could never be happy in Gotham and him and her starting over just made sense (at least to me).

Well, that and the whole 'you have 5 months to get your vertebrae wedged back into place, do about 9 million situps and pushups so that you're honed into a finely taut instrument of death, climb out of this pit in the middle of fuck-all-nowhere, then get back to civilization in time to save the city from blowing to bits.' Yeah... just a couple plot holes... but like you said, it's a comic book movie.
I still liked it.

Sokantish

Well I don't think he's interesting enough to get an actual nick name, right? Unless they make one up based on how many interceptions he throws

bionic77

lulz vick is a fucking moron. this coming from a dude who hasn't won a playoff game in almost 10 years and from a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years.... on the cusp of a dynasty folks!
He sounds a lot like you do actually.

Had FMT ever posted while Vick was playing? I think I just cracked the matrix...

squicken

July is normally the slowest month in sports but it's actually been pretty active. NBA FA and all the craziness that has spawned, British Open, and now the PSU sanctions that will be unlike anything that the sport has ever seen. That doesn't even include boring ass baseball (Astros doing that Devil Rays tank) and Olympics.

squicken

Penn State suddenly with the longest losing streak ever.

srsly. Also Wisconsin gifted their side of the Big 1G for the foreseeable future, not that anyone there would be happy about the circumstances of that. Well, at least from PSU angle. Sconis probably thrilled at way Ohio State went down

eznark

Banned
srsly. Also Wisconsin gifted their side of the Big 1G for the foreseeable future, not that anyone there would be happy about the circumstances of that. Well, at least from PSU angle. Sconis probably thrilled at way Ohio State went down

Barry Alvarez is not only above the law, but also apparently makes the law.

Milchjon

You're writing your thesis in this aren't you.

It doesn't help much :-(

Cats suck.

You suck. Seriously, how can you hate cats. That's like hating Tebow.

Penn State suddenly with the longest losing streak ever.

This might not be the place, but I'm loving these from the other thread (about the statue):

Comments from the ESPN story:

They turned it the other way because that's the way Joe Paterno looked at things.

The Board of Trustees took a long time taking the statue down because they were waiting for Joe Paterno to tell them what to do.

Somehow the Paterno family made money from the contract to take down statue.

In its place a plaque will be engraved with the most important thing Joe Paterno ever said - "..............."

They will place the statue in the PSU library to remind all who see it to remain quiet.

Anyone interfering with the removal or site of the statue will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law....14-15 odd years later and only after several cover up attempts and severe negligence by university officials

The statue was revered for being so lifelike--it stood there and did nothing for years

Although removed, the statue will continue to have access to the university private plane, coach's skybox seats, locker room facilities and hydrotherapy program.

The statue was unveiled in 2001, making it another 11 year old ruined by Penn State

The statue was brought down quietly, behind curtains, and covered up so no one could see...because that's the way Paterno liked to do things around there.

squicken

Barry Alvarez is not only above the law, but also apparently makes the law.

PSU is its own thing and horrific.

But it's funny how the Ohio State thing was such a dramatic thing for their fans. Oklahoma and USC get sanctioned all the time. Game's the game. Tear down and rebuild. Ohio State will be fine in a few years

eznark

Banned
PSU is its own thing and horrific.

But it's funny how the Ohio State thing was such a dramatic thing for their fans. Oklahoma and USC get sanctioned all the time. Game's the game. Tear down and rebuild. Ohio State will be fine in a few years

No one cared after the sanctions came down, since they were so toothless and they ended up with Myer.

TheFatOne

Bill O'Brien must hate himself for taking that job.

They just reported on the local sports station that he has a no out clause in the contract. If he leaves he has to pay his base salary times the number of years left. If I find the link I will post it. The best part about the stupid ass contract he signed is that he has bonuses for bowl games etc... It is by far the worst career decision I have ever seen a coach/assistant make. Pats coordinators are better off staying. Only Romeo Crennel has had any success without the Pats.

PSU is going to be down for a long time after this. I bet every player worth anything bails now. They had already had some top recruits leave the last few days. By the time they are allowed to play in a bowl again they are going to be coming off 4 straight horrible seasons. It will probably be closer to 10 years before they are a top team again. Poor jnc he must be crushed today.

squicken

No one cared after the sanctions came down, since they were so toothless and they ended up with Myer.

I did laugh when they put OSU's sanctions up vs USC's. Granted, USC is probably paying players again already, but it was always a joke how the big 1G and NCAA bent over backwards to be gentle with Ohio State.

They just reported on the local sports station that he has a no out clause in the contract. If he leaves he has to pay his base salary times the number of years left. If I find the link I will post it. The best part about the stupid ass contract he signed is that he has bonuses for bowl games etc... It is by far the worst career decision I have ever seen a coach/assistant make. Pats coordinators are better off staying. Only Romeo Crennel has had any success without the Pats.

That's such a terrible contract. How do you not have an out when you agree to be a coach after a scandal like that?

squicken

The NCAA is still stupid. Wasn't it till like last month where coaches couldn't text recruits? Lolol

I looked a bit at who their guys most likely to be poached were and nothing there to help OU. We need speed and they didn't have any either. They'll mostly likely end up on other slow Big 1G teams

Top Bottom