• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

That was some Kwame Harris-level shittiness.

My favorite sports-related YouTube video is still this 49ers fan just going HAM on Kwame Harris. It's about 6 minutes of Kwame Harris completely whiffing on blocks, getting blown up, and winding up on his ass in various situations.

kwame harris was fucking horrible. maybe a worse offensive lineman than chilo rachal. and ichiro going to the yankees shows why baseball is a fucking joke. all these mid season bullshit trades for money reasons.... there are like 3 teams who care about winning at all costs in baseball and the rest of the teams in the league are just farm clubs for the big guys.

until baseball has a real salary cap it will continue to be a joke of a sport that time has passed by

kwame harris was fucking horrible. maybe a worse offensive lineman than chilo rachal. and ichiro going to the yankees shows why baseball is a fucking joke. all these mid season bullshit trades for money reasons.... there are like 3 teams who care about winning at all costs in baseball and the rest of the teams in the league are just farm clubs for the big guys.

until baseball has a real salary cap it will continue to be a joke of a sport that time has passed by

The M's paid the Yankees to take Ichiro.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That was some Kwame Harris-level shittiness.

My favorite sports-related YouTube video is still this 49ers fan just going HAM on Kwame Harris. It's about 6 minutes of Kwame Harris completely whiffing on blocks, getting blown up, and winding up on his ass in various situations.

One of my all time favourite sports-related youtube videos is this one:

Rosencopter!

squicken

For fun, NFC South Win Totals. Can't pick push

Code:
CAR    7.5  
NO     10
ATL    9
TB     6

Code:
CAR    7.5 [B]over[/B]
NO     10 [B]under[/B]
ATL    9 [B]under[/B]
TB     6 [B]over[/B]

Definitely ATL and TB, less confident on NO and CAR. CAR seems to be the team expected to take the next step but they didn't look too good at the end of the year. Of course they'll be better but maybe not necessarily in the W-L department

brentech

While I'd much rather be 6'0+, I do find that anything over 6' and the typical person is highly uncoordinated compared to the rest of us sub 6ers. So at least I get to laugh at the lack of genuine athleticism (while looking up at you).

74747_380236855356342_332968243416537_1055699_198034005_n.jpg

While I'd much rather be 6'0+, I do find that anything over 6' and the typical person is highly uncoordinated compared to the rest of us sub 6ers. So at least I get to laugh at the lack of genuine athleticism (while looking up at you).

I am super lanky. I drop stuff all the time and fall down a lot.

I wouldnt say I'm super unathletic but I am kinda uncoordinated. I was solid in football and track in highschool.

Godslay

Banned

Says the guy with a busted foot from softball, irc.

:jnc

I'm a bit over 6'0"

brentech

Yeah, the more physical the sport the more natural the bigger man can look.

As soon as finesse comes into play....it goes down hill. Seems like 6'2 is about the max for average typical man to still not look clumsy when playing basketball. Pro players over 6'9 seems to start getting sketchy unless they're elite.

I don't watch much basketball, but you watch some of the big guys dribble and it looks like they started playing ball last week. It's goofy as shit...I know they have to get the ball higher, but they also have longer arms and they just usually don't compensate well. It's pretty comical.

brentech

Says the guy with a busted foot from softball, irc.

:jnc

I'm a bit over 6'0"
lol, I know I know.
It sucked. I was just making a dead sprint to cover behind the girl playing mid-center field (1 extra person on the field in co-ed to keep guys/girls even). Was hit to her, guys aren't allowed to just run in front and make all the plays, so I ran to get in position behind her in case it got past and just hit a wet patch when I was trying to slow down, slipped.

While falling, I literally remember thinking, "for gods sake, really!?"
Then it was like *POP*CRACK*
"fuck my life"

Godslay

Banned
lol, I know I know.
It sucked. I was just making a dead sprint to cover behind the girl playing mid-center field (1 extra person on the field in co-ed to keep guys/girls even). Was hit to her, guys aren't allowed to just run in front and make all the plays, so I ran and just hit a wet patch, slipped.

While falling, I literally remember thinking, "for gods sake, really!?"
Then it was like *POP*CRACK*
"fuck my life"

Softball can be pretty dangerous. I've seen a couple of busted legs due to people thinking that they should slide to a base when they have no idea how to slide properly.

brentech

Softball can be pretty dangerous. I've seen a couple of busted legs due to people thinking that they should slide to a base when they have no idea how to slide properly.

I could see that. Seems to be a big fluke injury game as well.

When I was getting blood work done for pre-surgery clearance the lab tech was telling me how he tore his achilles 2 years ago when rounding first base. He thought the ball hit him in the ankle. He got to second base and realized he could barely stand.

It's ridiculous.

Luckily I'm not aware of anyone else in our league getting hurt besides pulled muscles maybe for those that don't keep in shape. This is the first year I've ever played, but I do road cycling and mountain biking as my actual recreational exercise hobby.
Being on this team was just a favor for my brother-in-law. I don't have much interest in baseball/softball.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I could see that. Seems to be a big fluke injury game as well.

When I was getting blood work done for pre-surgery clearance the lab tech was telling me how he tore his achilles 2 years ago when rounding first base. He thought the ball hit him in the ankle. He got to second base and realized he could barely stand.

It's ridiculous.

Luckily I'm not aware of anyone else in our league getting hurt besides pulled muscles maybe for those that don't keep in shape. This is the first year I've ever played, but I do road cycling and mountain biking as my actual recreational exercise hobby.
Being on this team was just a favor for my brother-in-law. I don't have much interest in baseball/softball.

I've seen someone break their ankle trying to make a catch in the outfield (competitive softball). An ambulance had to come out onto the field to get them.

Few weeks ago saw someone take an underhand throw right in the nose and they had blood gushing out for 10 minutes.

brentech

I've seen someone break their ankle trying to make a catch in the outfield (competitive softball). An ambulance had to come out onto the field to get them.

Few weeks ago saw someone take an underhand throw right in the nose and they had blood gushing out for 10 minutes.

I had to be picked up and put into the back of my in-laws Outback. Otherwise it was an ambulance for me. I still can't put any pressure on my ankle. Most I can do is drive with it (can still point toes and such like normal, that or use my heel). I have less than an inch of vertical flex since surgery and 0 ability to rotate it.

Maybe in another 3-5 weeks I'll be able to stand on it. We hope.
Right now I'm stuck with crutches, a walking boot that I can't walk on, and a wheelchair at home so I can actually grab shit in the kitchen when I'm alone.

Top Bottom