• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

RBH

FMT's reaction:
2m3mdf4.gif

:lol :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Weather Channel ranks the Top 10 Worst NFL Training Camps. Because even the freaking Weather Channel needs to put out a ranked NFL list of some sort.

We used five factors to arrive at our ranking for each NFL team. Temperature related elements such as average high temperature (85 degrees being neutral for exercise), average dew point (above 63 degrees as the defining point for it being muggy) and percentage of hours above 85 degrees. The higher the percentage, the longer the duration heat will have a detrimental impact upon a football player’s body. That percentage is even more critical during two-a-days: one practice is in the morning and the other in the heat of the afternoon.

The two cooling factors, no matter the temperature, are cloud cover and wind. As we have all experienced, standing in the shade is much preferred to standing in the sun when it is hot. For cloud cover, we used the percentage of days where skies are overcast. Direct sunlight may add as much as 15 degrees to the heat index.

A moderate breeze has a cooling effect on the body by evaporation of sweat during exercise. We took the mean wind speed and average daily max wind speed together so as to not discriminate against locations where wind speeds pick up in the afternoon due to local topography or coastal breezes.

1) Houston Texans – Houston, Texas
July/August average high: 93 degrees / 93.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 36% / 36%
July/August average dew point: 74.5 degrees / 74 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 5% / 4%

2) Miami Dolphins – Davie, Fla.
July/August average high: 90 degrees / 90.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 32% / 32%
July/August average dew point: 74.5 degrees / 75 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 5% / 6%

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tampa, Fla.
July/August average high: 90 degrees / 90 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 30% / 28%
July/August average dew point: 73 degrees / 74 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 17% / 17%

4) New Orleans Saints – Metairie, La.
July/August average high: 91 degrees / 90 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 28% / 29%
July/August average dew point: 74 degrees / 74 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 19% / 20%

5) Jacksonville Jaguars – Jacksonville, Fla.
July/August average high: 91.5 degrees / 90.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 29% / 27%
July/August average dew point: 72 degrees / 73 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 15% / 16%

6) Washington Redskins – Ashburn, Va.
July/August average high: 89 degrees / 87 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 23% / 18%
July/August average dew point: 67 degrees / 66 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 15% / 18%

7) Atlanta Falcons – Flowery Branch, Ga.
July/August average high: 88 degrees / 87 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 21% / 18%
July/August average dew point: 68 degrees / 67 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 14% / 18%

8) Baltimore Ravens – Owings Mills, Md.
July/August average high: 88.5 degrees / 86.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 27% / 17%
July/August average dew point: 66 degrees / 66 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 15% / 18%

9) Carolina Panthers – Spartanburg, S.C.
July/August average high: 89.5 degrees / 87.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 26% / 21%
July/August average dew point: 69 degrees / 67 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 14% / 17%

10) Tennessee Titans – Nashville, Tenn.
July/August average high: 89 degrees / 88.5 degrees
July/August % of hours above 85 degrees: 23% / 20%
July/August average dew point: 70 degrees / 67 degrees
July/August % of hours with overcast sky: 19% / 21%

The rest:

11. Kansas City Chiefs-Missouri Western State-St. Joseph, Mo.
12. Chicago Bears-Olivet Nazarene University-Bourbonnais, Ill.
13. St. Louis Rams-Russell Training Center-Earth City, Mo.
14. Cincinnati Bengals-Georgetown College-Georgetown, Ky.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers- St. Vincent College-Latrobe, Pa.
16. Indianapolis Colts-Anderson University-Anderson, Ind.
17. Philadelphia Eagles-Lehigh University-Bethlehem, Pa.
18. New England Patriots-Gillette Stadium-Foxboro, Ma.
19. New York Giants-SUNY Albany-Albany, N.Y.
20. New York Jets-SUNY Cortland-Cortland, N.Y.
21. Cleveland Browns-Browns Training Facility-Berea, Ohio
22. Detroit Lions-Lions Training Facility-Allen Park, Mich
23. Minnesota Vikings-Mankato State-Mankato, Minn.
24. Buffalo Bills-St. John Fisher College-Pittsford, N.Y.
25. Green Bay Packers-St. Norbert College-De Pere, Wis.
26. San Diego Chargers-Chargers Park-San Diego, Calif.
27. San Francisco 49ers-49ers Training Facility, Santa Clara, Calif.
28. Denver Broncos-Bowlen Memorial Broncos Center-Englewood, Colo.
29. Arizona Cardinals-Northern Arizona University-Flagstaff, Ariz.
30. Seattle Seahawks-Virginia Mason Athletic Center-Renton, Wash.
31. Dallas Cowboys-River Ridge Playing Fields-Oxnard, Calif.
32. Oakland Raiders-Redwood Middle School-Napa, Calif.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
wait what

They actually use the Marriott right next to it as well. I attended a wedding at that hotel once.

http://napavalleyregister.com/sport...cle_3be412a8-d48b-11e1-b567-001a4bcf887a.html

An arrangement between the Napa Valley Unified School District, city of Napa, Napa Valley Marriott and the Redwood Raiders Field Project Coalition has resulted in one of the NFL’s top facilities for summer camp.

The team will break camp on Aug. 23. After that, the fields are turned over to Redwood Middle School and are also used by the Napa Valley Soccer Club and Napa Youth Soccer League.

Dunno how valid that "top facilities" claim is though.

squicken

Rams signed Jenkins today. A big bonus but no details yet, which probably means a big deferment. Fisher was on the radio today and said the whole financial adviser thing was a simply a suggestion by the club, but was used by the NFLPA and/or agent to make a big deal out of nothing

Rams signed Jenkins today. A big bonus but no details yet, which probably means a big deferment. Fisher was on the radio today and said the whole financial adviser thing was a simply a suggestion by the club, but was used by the NFLPA and/or agent to make a big deal out of nothing

lol fisher is a joke. everyone knows he's getting a nice little commission on the side from his financial buddy. good ol boys club indeed. fisher will be fired within 3 years.... just like the rams last coach.

i will say i'm very excited about the rams coming to LA. one extra niners game a year for me!

Any chiefs fans comment on the Qb situation?

I'd rather you refer to it as a "complete fucking disaster" than a "situation."

Scott Pioli watched nearly every single snap Matt Cassel ever took as a Patriot, and decided that he was a franchise quarterback.

Since then, I've had the pleasure of watching him go 1-9 against teams with a winning record, have a flea flicker batted down at the line of scrimmage, go 2-8 against playoff teams, watch him throw a hail mary from the 35 into a crossbar, throw for under 150 yards 9 times, miss putting a hat on his own head, and generally waste my time and the careers of his teammates.

This year will be no different. With probably the most talented Chiefs roster I've seen in years, he will once again cripple the team's chances to make the playoffs in a weak division.

But wait! Pioli promised competition at the QB position! After Kyle Orton realized he'd never win the job in a rigged competition, he split town the nanosecond FA started. The sweet consolation prize after losing the Manning sweepstakes? Brady Quinn. The only QB on the roster who looked like an actual NFL quarterback is Ricky Stanzi, and he'll never see the field, and once he does, he'll probably suck shit.

At this point I long for Damon Huard.

squicken

lol fisher is a joke. everyone knows he's getting a nice little commission on the side from his financial buddy. good ol boys club indeed. fisher will be fired within 3 years.... just like the rams last coach.

i will say i'm very excited about the rams coming to LA. one extra niners game a year for me!

Everything was above board. In fact when he was talking about one of the OLB canidates, he said the guy had great personality. So we may suck, but the players and coaches, like the fans, will keep it classy.

jakncoke

Banned
Link, please.

I mean I get it... he kind of just travels from thread to thread spitting ether. I just hope it isn't a perma.

with search disabled its hard to pinpoint but it could be for this following post,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40183128&postcount=10

fake edit; although that post is nearly 2 days old, so either its something else or i just noticed his ban. and yeah he does do the thread to thread thing.. reason why he now has 60k+ posts lol

cashman

Banned
Too ambitious for his own good.

Cash, if that's true...
This is the original post. Don't highlight the spoiler if you haven't seen TDKR
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40206789&postcount=60

You can see duckroll added the spoiler tags, yep he got banned for spoilers. I think that like 3 months :|
No, the only thing Duckroll did was specify that they were dark knight spoilers. Ninja spoiler tagged the punchline by himself.

Milchjon

This is the original post. Don't highlight the spoiler if you haven't seen TDKR
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40206789&postcount=60

No, the only thing Duckroll did was specify that they were dark knight spoilers. Ninja spoiler tagged the punchline by himself.

While I do not necessarily agree that this is banworthy, using spoiler tags without specifying what the spoiler relates to makes them pretty much worthless.

jakncoke

Banned
read the thread more.. people got salty for him putting a spoiler inside a spoiler tags and got him banned because they are fucktards.. wow ok

Milchjon

I actually would be a bit salty too. Keeping myself unspoiled for months only to read something on the very last day would be kinda tragic in a first world problem way.

jakncoke

Banned
I actually would be a bit salty too. Keeping myself unspoiled for months only to read something on the very last day would be kinda tragic in a first world problem way.

It should be that, if you are curious to know whats behind the curtain that you gotta deal with whats there. Not be a whiny chocha when you find out a detail about a movie inside a spoiler tag. You People

Doomsayer

I see what you are saying... only if you see a Batman related post and a spoiler tag shouldn't you assume its something Batman related hidden in that black bar?

Sheer idiocy.

squicken

Eh I agree with the mods on that. The procedure for posting a spoiler is to specifically state what the spoiler is about, since so many misuse spoiler tags

And I don't know why he does that. He's funny and I hope he comes back soon. I look forward to every Redskins loss and that #1 pick we have.

But he was posting the "So good" gif from Spiderman 3 and the spinning top gif from Inception days after they came out. Like an over-pursuit of topical comedy

Milchjon

I see what you are saying... only if you see a Batman related post and a spoiler tag shouldn't you assume its something Batman related hidden in that black bar?

Sheer idiocy.

There isn't just one Batman film, there's like a billion things it can refer to. And often without context, spoiler tags are little more than a stylistic device. Like I said, a spoiler tag without specification or context is useless.

Of course you can be careful, but just reading through a random thread... you know, TDKR isn't always on my mind ;-)

Oh well, I haven't been spoiled and I don't agree with the ban, but Ninja isn't completely innocent. After the past few months, it should be clear what a touchy subject TDKR spoilers are.

jakncoke

Banned
The Jacksonville Jaguars, led by coach Mike Mularkey, stood strongly behind Gabbert this offseason. Mularkey said last year's No. 10 overall draft pick is clearly the Jaguars' starting quarterback. They say Gabbert is a new man this offseason. They say Chad Henne is stuck in the backup role.

lol yeah right

jakncoke

Banned
Why wouldn't they be right behind him? He's their ticket to Matt Barkely

I should of bolded what i was laughing at, the "new man" thing made me chuckle. He's going still be a little bitch with no pocket presence next season till Chad Henne(lol) takes over in like week i dunno but im sure it'll be mid oct

squicken

Ravens are a good choice. Much better choice than the Redskins. You now need to immerse yourself in all things Flacco and learn to love him

Top Bottom