• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

on the negative side for the rams, shotty is fucking garbage.

on the positive side for the rams, shotty is used to working with shitty qb's and i'd call bradford and sanchez equal qb's

Im sure this was posted from one of our stalwart updaters...but Charlie Peprah was released by the Packers. Uhhhh... what? How does that make sense. Notbsaying he should start ,but his salary is worth keeping at least as a backup in case we need it. We have zero veterans at safety. Woodson doesn't count. I guess they're confident about the rookies...but man.

on the negative side for the rams, shotty is fucking garbage.

on the positive side for the rams, shotty is used to working with shitty qb's and i'd call bradford and sanchez equal qb's
Wow Bradford = Sanchez???!?! No no no! I think alot of people are underrating Bradford. I could be wrong though, well find out this season.
I have a man crush on Bradford.......it cost me in fantasy smh

MechDX

Dayumn MechDX, are they really trying to fill the "no hands" slot on the team? I thought Jacoby was bad but this would be another step down the ladder.

Kubiak has been saying they would sign at least one veteran to the receiver corp. After Dre and Walter its all rookies. Though I have my eye on Keyshawn Martin rookie from Michigan State.

Seems like a typical slot receiver with great return abilities. Im still surprised they havent even contacted Plaxico though.

ChanHuk

Banned
roywilliams-e1324038024951.jpg

Lions really came up on that Roy Williams trade; 1st, 3rd, 5th for a bum.

Wow Bradford = Sanchez???!?! No no no! I think alot of people are underrating Bradford. I could be wrong though, well find out this season.
I have a man crush on Bradford.......it cost me in fantasy smh

bradford is a loser. you like him because he was good in college. he has never been good in the NFL and he will never be good. if he weren't earning like $20 million this year or whatever ridiculous amount the rams are paying him he would probably lose his starting job to one of the noodle armed journeymen the rams have on their roster

squicken

BlackGhost I like you. We need more smart posters in this thread. One month till Sanchez gets exposed and Bradford hands off 35 times a game

--

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
#Texans persistent interest in washed-up receivers can't speak well to their early eval of DeVier Posey. By all accounts struggled in OTAs.

Better hope Dre doesn't get hurt again. Such bad roster management by Rick Smith. In 10 years they've drafted a total of 1 above average WR, and it wasn't Rick doing the choosing

Doomsayer

Badford is terrible.

Can't wait til he wins 1 more game this year and bathes in his $20 million that Rams gave him.

Bradford has shown nothing in his short stint in the NFL. Granted Alex hasn't been great either how anyone can say Badford > Alex is lulz.

jakncoke

Banned
Man I was looking through some of my old stuff that I never unpacked, and found some NFL cards my dad gave me a while ago.

http://h9.abload.de/img/cardscrxjy.jpg[img]

Gee, thanks dad! I think he had high hopes for Russell.[/QUOTE]

lol score cards, those would have been practically worthless even if Jamarcus was throwing 8k yards and 150 tds a season

squicken

lol score cards, those would have been practically worthless even if Jamarcus was throwing 8k yards and 150 tds a season

Years ago I tried to get rid of a bunch of football and basketball cards I had saved since I was a kid Quite a few had a book value over a $100. Took them to a card show and no one would buy. Not that they tried to lowball me, but just had no interest in them. Apparently everyone in the card collectibles market is a seller. People moved on to different types of memorabilia

edit: I have Twitter but just to follow people and ask questions. I don't think I've ever used it w/o the @ as the first character

bradford isn't even in alex smiths galaxy, and alex isn't an elite qb himself. bradford will NEVER have a season like alex did in 2011. he will never win the division for his team, he will never single handedly win a playoff game, he will never have a 90+ qb rating and he will never play 16 games in a season.

it is unfortunate for the rams that they drafted bradford when they did because they are basically tied to him for a couple more years due to his ridiculous contract. a true victim of their time.... how sad.

on the plus side for the rams, bradfords ankle is up to like 72% healthy. the ankle he injured last november or whenever it was.... yeah...

jakncoke

Banned
Years ago I tried to get rid of a bunch of football and basketball cards I had saved since I was a kid Quite a few had a book value over a $100. Took them to a card show and no one would buy. Not that they tried to lowball me, but just had no interest in them. Apparently everyone in the card collectibles market is a seller. People moved on to different types of memorabilia

edit: I have Twitter but just to follow people and ask questions. I don't think I've ever used it w/o the @ as the first character

pretty much, but yeah score is like the lowest of low. when i was collecting id buy a big box offline for like 20 because they were the cheapest

LJ11

Schottenheimer is all kinds of terrible, 6 years as OC, I've seen enough.

It's not even the slants, it's the route combos. They'll blow you're fucking mind at times. Look at that Sanchez Denver pick six, they're running a wheel and whip combo on that side of the field.

Why would you want that? What's the read there, whip to wheel? If single high hit wheel? But your QB's prime read is to that side of the field so the single high S will cheat negating the wheel. By the time you come back to the whip it may be dead.

I think Brocos were in split safety anyway, so no one was clearing out the front side safety for the wheel to work. So you basically have a WR running a whip that the CB can break on because he has help over the top. Don't see the logic if my assumptions are true.

squicken

Schottenheimer is all kinds of terrible, 6 years as OC, I've seen enough.

It's not even the slants, it's the route combos. They'll blow you're fucking mind at times. Look at that Sanchez Denver pick six, they're running a wheel and whip combo on that side of the field.

Why would you want that? What's the read there, whip to wheel? If single high hit wheel? But your QB's prime read is to that side of the field so the single high S will cheat negating the wheel. By the time you come back to the whip it may be dead.

I think Brocos were in split safety anyway, so no one was clearing out the front side safety for the wheel to work. So you basically have a WR running a whip that the CB can break on because he has help over the top. Don't see the logic if my assumptions are true.

:( Fisher just said the other day that Schotty is the head coach of the offense. Though Fisher also said he will be involved. Maybe he'll get better . . .

And FMT Bradford played all 16 games his rookie year.

bionic77

Too bad we can't see how sharp her knees are.
I am actually being honest when I say that she disgusts me and I would never fuck her.

Real talk though bro. Since Brady is not equipped whose kids are those? Is this Peyton again? Or is it Bellicheat? Gronk seems like a possibility but he was too young for the other kids.

I am actually being honest when I say that she disgusts me and I would never fuck her.

Real talk though bro. Since Brady is not equipped whose kids are those? Is this Peyton again? Or is it Bellicheat? Gronk seems like a possibility but he was too young for the other kids.

I would flop around on top of her, but I wouldn't enjoy it unless Tom would join us.

So guys, was TDKR great?

I'd say so. It was kind of a mess at times but it was a great roller coaster of a movie but that's not what i enjoyed of the last two. Bane was pretty badass. Not what I expected based on the end of the last movie but I bet Heath dying changed a fair amount of the plot.

Milchjon

Finally gonna see TDKR tonight. Fucking Germans, learn some English so I don't have to wait forever because they have to make some shitty dub first.

Fox318

Saw War Horse at Lincoln Center yesterday.

Pretty awesome.

Although I wish it did a little more to educate people on what the great war was like.

But maybe that's the history buff in me talking.

eznark

Banned
Saw War Horse at Lincoln Center yesterday.

Pretty awesome.

Although I wish it did a little more to educate people on what the great war was like.

But maybe that's the history buff in me talking.

I was really looking forward to seeing it but then my wife's grandpa went and saw it (he is a WWI historian) and it completely turned me off. He said it was atrocious.

Kubiak has been saying they would sign at least one veteran to the receiver corp. After Dre and Walter its all rookies. Though I have my eye on Keyshawn Martin rookie from Michigan State.

Seems like a typical slot receiver with great return abilities. Im still surprised they havent even contacted Plaxico though.

Yeah, it's a bit rookie heavy, but trying to develop Jacoby was such a disaster that they may as well throw a bunch of rookies out there and see if any of them stick. But if they want a veteran, they should just get over being butthurt as a league and sign TO. At least he can produce and is motivated to play.

Fox318

I was really looking forward to seeing it but then my wife's grandpa went and saw it (he is a WWI historian) and it completely turned me off. He said it was atrocious.

There is so much misinformation on WWI.
My great grandfather earned the Silver Star for capturing a barn that was being used by the Germans as a military outpost.

He also almost died from due to mustard gas complications after the war too.

The war was stupid and never should have happened. Tens of thousands of men died and the line barley moved.

As a play it's great though.

Yeah, it's a bit rookie heavy, but trying to develop Jacoby was such a disaster that they may as well throw a bunch of rookies out there and see if any of them stick. But if they want a veteran, they should just get over being butthurt as a league and sign TO. At least he can produce and is motivated to play.

TO is 38, coming off a major knee injury, and he quit on an AFL team. Why would any team want to deal with him at this point? I would take Plax any day over TO at this point.

Striker

Im sure this was posted from one of our stalwart updaters...but Charlie Peprah was released by the Packers. Uhhhh... what? How does that make sense. Notbsaying he should start ,but his salary is worth keeping at least as a backup in case we need it. We have zero veterans at safety. Woodson doesn't count. I guess they're confident about the rookies...but man.
Someone on the Giants board brought up them cutting him, and said he has had knee issues. Any word? I'm wondering if he's healthy he'll be brought in to compete to Horton, Sash, and the young bucks.

BTW I would definitely take Owens over Burress at the moment. Plax has no speed.

MechDX

Texans wont touch TO. McNair wants to run an organization that doesnt have prima donnas or me too players. I dont think Williams will get signed they are just kicking tires liked they did with Sims-Walker. They will wait for cuts to start coming during camp and then sign someone. Im thinking Plax just wants too much many since no one seems to be calling and hell Schaub can not throw a fade route into the endzone anyway. :jnc

Trade rumors about Ben Tate have surfaced but I dont think much will come of them.

brentech

Man, watching the top five returns from 2011 with Cobb's run being #1 just reminds me how amazing that night was. What an exciting opening to that season.

Game was crazy

TO is 38, coming off a major knee injury, and he quit on an AFL team. Why would any team want to deal with him at this point? I would take Plax any day over TO at this point.

Because he's desperate enough to sign a "we'll cut you at the first sign of problems" deal.
Because he can actually catch the football and has had more than enough time to recover from his surgery.
Because the other guys may be less notorious to the media but have hands of stone.

AFL is hardly the "road back" so not surprised he quit. I think him and Moss are similar in that when they try, they're still remarkably good even at an older age. But they get bored easily and have basically no respect for anything but playing NFL football.

The downside is basically just that he'll get temporary media attention and isn't a mentor. But when week six comes around, your rookies all are equally inadequate and Andre Johnson is on the verge of missing 2-3 games, I just don't see the big deal. He's a receiver with good hands and he's dirt cheap.

Texans wont touch TO. McNair wants to run an organization that doesnt have prima donnas or me too players. I dont think Williams will get signed they are just kicking tires liked they did with Sims-Walker. They will wait for cuts to start coming during camp and then sign someone. Im thinking Plax just wants too much many since no one seems to be calling and hell Schaub can not throw a fade route into the endzone anyway. :jnc

Trade rumors about Ben Tate have surfaced but I dont think much will come of them.

Yeah, that makes sense. (Kinda stunned they kicked the tires on MSW). Tate is definitely a tradeable asset but with Foster and Forsett but probably can't get much return given the market for RBs. If nothing else Tate is enough of a spur to ensure Foster keeps upping his game. I guess if the WR shopping doesn't work out you could always put Foster on the field as a receiver though. It's not like he didn't almost lead the team in receiving last year.

Meanwhile, in Steelers country, Wallace continues to whine. Not sure I should care at the moment. He's talent but I feel pretty good about having Brown/Sandurz/Cotchery

bionic77

I'd say so. It was kind of a mess at times but it was a great roller coaster of a movie but that's not what i enjoyed of the last two. Bane was pretty badass. Not what I expected based on the end of the last movie but I bet Heath dying changed a fair amount of the plot.
It was not as good as the first two movies, but it was still really good and arguably the best 3rd movie in any trilogy.

The ending was so good. Would have sucked if he did what the nerds wanted him to do.
so much bad shit happened to Bruce that it would have been depressing if he died and never got any happiness, glad that is not the direction Nolan went, the last 2 movies were so dark that it needed something good to come of it.

Top Bottom