• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Talon

had chick fil a once. had a spicy chicken deluxe, chicken and lettuce was like 3 times the size of the bun. good taste, horrible experience trying to eat it.
Why would you deface an original chicken sandwich with veggies?

Buttered bun, chicken, two pickles, buttered bun. Just like God intended.

eznark

Banned
Do you have stock in them or something?

Closing on Sundays is dumb regardless of how many shops they've opened. The amount of money they could have made additionally but won't because of a 2000 year old book is mind boggling. Like I said, terrible business people.

They're a private company, so no. It's likely smart business. They started and grew from the South and that stark adherence to religious philosophy is appreciated in many communities. Additionally, Sundays are garbage for fast food chains generally. It's a tight margin day with minimal volume after 11am.

I had Chik-Fil-A once in Evansville, Indiana five years ago. Since then I've been biding my time with the slop that KFC and to a lesser extent Popeye's provides, hoping that my homophobic chicken overlords will grace me with good eats once again.

Not according to these guys:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/1991-dvoa-ratings-and-commentary

bOA1n.png

Yeah, but according to these guys it's true...

thumb.php

That purple camo shit is so embarassing

Do you have stock in them or something?

Closing on Sundays is dumb regardless of how many shops they've opened. The amount of money they could have made additionally but won't because of a 2000 year old book is mind boggling. Like I said, terrible business people.

You are surprised that ez is all about an openly hateful company? I bet he is one of their biggest stock holders.

eznark

Banned
You are surprised that ez is all about an openly hateful company? I bet he is one of their biggest stock holders.

I'm successful in all my hateful endeavors because I take the time to really study, know and understand the targets of my hatred. You should do the same. CFA is a tightly held privately owned operation. Sadly, I'm not one of the lucky few equity holders.

That said, I give zero shits about their politics. I'm going to guess that I have given more of my resources to politicians supporting marriage equality than the bulk of you folks in here. I pay CFA to give me a good god damned sandwich and they have yet to fail me. What they do on their free time is none of my business.

cashman

Banned
You plebes have not enjoyed the true Chik-fil-a experience.

In Georgia, we have the Dwarf Houses, which are based on the original store. They have a sitdown dining area that does breakfast buffets on Saturday mornings.

The buffet consists of: a massive amount of fried chicken patties, biscuits, gravy, and whothefuckcaresabouttherestofthestuff.

So good.

I've been to a Dwarf house Chick-fil-a, and another one that had live music while I was in Atlanta.

I'm successful in all my hateful endeavors because I take the time to really study, know and understand the targets of my hatred. You should do the same. CFA is a tightly held privately owned operation. Sadly, I'm not one of the lucky few equity holders.

That said, I give zero shits about their politics. I'm going to guess that I have given more of my resources to politicians supporting marriage equality than the bulk of you folks in here. I pay CFA to give me a good god damned sandwich and they have yet to fail me. What they do on their free time is none of my business.

But that isnt how it works at all. The terrible things they do in their free time can only be done by them thanks to the money that people like you give them. If people were to stay away they would be forced to stop donating to such terrible groups. You pretend like you dont care about their policys, but you crealy do since you continue to support them.

Slo

That said, I give zero shits about their politics.

Same. I can't be outraged at every single cause that somebody screams about on the internet. I literally don't have enough rage stored up to save the whales, cure cancer, stop global warming, end childhood obesity, AND end racism and bigotry.

I try to help the world where I can, but I'm not going to fight every battle there is.

Talon

I find more humor in Chick-fil-a trying to put out fires.

First with that sign after the Jim Henson company pulled out.
Second with the fake Facebook profiles they used to defend the company.

Now, the insane hatred on the Jim Henson company's page about them betraying the spirit of the Muppets and hating children...is not so funny. It's like people don't realize that their real names are attached to their accounts.

eznark

Banned
But that isnt how it works at all. The terrible things they do in their free time can only be done by them thanks to the money that people like you give them. If people were to stay away they would be forced to stop donating to such terrible groups. You pretend like you dont care about their policys, but you crealy do since you continue to support them.

People only boycott companies that are easy to boycott. It's absurd, hypocritical and makes everyone involved look like a fucking moron. In this instance, it's a lefty issue. They are furious about CFA supporting DOMA and make sure everyone knows it by tweeting and blogging and tumbling via their Chinese manufactured devices. Other big lefty issues: outsourcing, "living" wage, buy local.

Give me a break. This is low hanging fruit that holier than though douche bags glom onto so that they feel better about walking past a homeless guy on their way to buy their 5th $600 iphone in 6 years.

It's a "I want to ease my white liberal guilt but I don't want to actually give up anything I care about or make any sort of effort" crusade.

bionic77

Well, IF we were NFL-Gaf's Israelis, then you'd be some kind of Iranian Islamist leader.
Why are you so full of hate, did BB bang your wife? Don't beat yourself up over it, it's what he does.
I wouldn't still be married if that occurred. Speaking of BB, other than the kids he spawned with Giselle, does anyone know how many other bastards he has created?

I am with ez on CFA. I don't mix politics and lunch. Actual politics are stupid enough as it is. If I had to start boycotting every corporation that does something shitty or racist then I would have to start to live some Packer fan on their farms and live mostly off of cheese and whatever else I grow or raise. And I don't have it in me to slaughter those delicious chickens or cows.

Fox318

I wouldn't still be married if that occurred. Speaking of BB, other than the kids he spawned with Giselle, does anyone know how many other bastards he has created?

I am with ez on CFA. I don't mix politics and lunch. Actual politics are stupid enough as it is. If I had to start boycotting every corporation that does something shitty or racist then I would have to start to live some Packer fan on their farms and live mostly off of cheese and whatever else I grow or raise. And I don't have it in me to slaughter those delicious chickens or cows.

You mean you don't churn your own butter?

eznark

Banned

Oh man, 4-H fair was a month ago and we already have the animals slaughtered, processed and in the freezers! We had to go through and sort it yesterday and my daughter was helping. My freezer room was basically FMT's heaven. Nothing but meat and shit.

People only boycott companies that are easy to boycott. It's absurd, hypocritical and makes everyone involved look like a fucking moron. In this instance, it's a lefty issue. They are furious about CFA supporting DOMA and make sure everyone knows it by tweeting and blogging and tumbling via their Chinese manufactured devices. Other big lefty issues: outsourcing, "living" wage, buy local.

Give me a break. This is low hanging fruit that holier than though douche bags glom onto so that they feel better about walking past a homeless guy on their way to buy their 5th $600 iphone in 6 years.

It's a "I want to ease my white liberal guilt but I don't want to actually give up anything I care about or make any sort of effort" crusade.

I cant speak for anyone else but when it comes out that a company does something truely terrible I stop giving them my bussiness. I love KFC but I stopped eating their food once I found out that they are destroying tiger habitats in India. It sucks that we ccant fix all the problems that the world has, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt try to fix anything.

Turnstile

The first time I started posting was after McD got fired irc. It was sporadic for awhile, but it was prior to last season.

In addition to this, welcome aboard Turnstile. I hope you stick around.

I'll do my best at making taco jokes, posting pictures of Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola, and avoid pictures of my poop.

Dragon

Banned

Lot of assumptions in this post. I see what you're saying though and you do have a point.

The idea that all big companies have a skeleton in their closets is probably true. I have personal problems with Christian organizations like CFA for making it acceptable to restrict people's rights. You just want a chicken sandwich.

cdyhybrid

racist

Talon

Oh Lord.

If I told you people the sort of lessons and speakers that came to my private school, your heads would spin so fast they'd fall off.

bionic77

You mean you don't churn your own butter?
Nope.

I use the grocery store for that kind of stuff. I like to cook but farming is beyond me. I would be fucked in any sort of apocalypse. In that dark future we would all be at the mercy of guys like ez.

Oh man, 4-H fair was a month ago and we already have the animals slaughtered, processed and in the freezers! We had to go through and sort it yesterday and my daughter was helping. My freezer room was basically FMT's heaven. Nothing but meat and shit.
Sounds horrible.

My uncle is a orthopedic surgeon and he is into similar weird shit like yourself like hunting and butchering meat. I enjoy the steak he sometimes gives to me, but I remember when he drug me away from my room to go hunting he shot a bird and I was totally unable to help with any of the cleaning afterwards.

I enjoy the meat but I admit that I don't want to know how it is made or be part of the process.

bionic77

So true....

Wendy's Chicken > Chic Fil A
Maybe on planet Baltimore because they probably sprinkle crack in your spicy chicken sandwich at Wendys.

But for the rest of us CFA is the king of fast food chicken sandwiches.

Fuck this shit is making me hungry. I am going to call my wife and tell her to make fried chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Milchjon

Any fried chicken >>> no fried chicken.

If I fail at everything else in life, I'll start a fried chicken business. Shouldn't be so hard to be better than the few KFCs over here.

eznark

Banned
He had that one for so long as well

i miss it so much :(

Nope.

I use the grocery store for that kind of stuff. I like to cook but farming is beyond me. I would be fucked in any sort of apocalypse. In that dark future we would all be at the mercy of guys like ez.

Sounds horrible.

My uncle is a orthopedic surgeon and he is into similar weird shit like yourself like hunting and butchering meat. I enjoy the steak he sometimes gives to me, but I remember when he drug me away from my room to go hunting he shot a bird and I was totally unable to help with any of the cleaning afterwards.

I enjoy the meat but I admit that I don't want to know how it is made or be part of the process.

It's not bad. To be honest I generally don't do a lot of the butchering. I don't have the patience really. I just go to the butchering parties for the beer and fried chicken. Sometimes I bring some friends from Boston or a business partner and it's a total (and hilarious) culture shock. I love it.

Godslay

Banned
In the pantheon of fried chicken fast food places.

1a. Chick-fil-a
1b. Zaxby's

Haven't had either. As a matter of fact I have yet to actually see a cfa anywhere Ive been recently. Granted I havent been out of MN, ND, CO, MT, or WY. I love fried chicken, but the best Ive been able to do is supermarket fried chicken.

I'll do my best at making taco jokes, posting pictures of Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola, and avoid pictures of my poop.

Elway clap.gif

Dragon

Banned
Haven't had either. As a matter of fact I have yet to actually see a cfa anywhere Ive been recently. Granted I havent been out of MN, ND, CO, MT, or WY. I love fried chicken, but the best Ive been able to do is supermarket fried chicken.

If you do come south do not get Bojangles. The amount of butter involved in any of their biscuits is artery clogging.

Top Bottom