• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes, this is your big opportunity to jump ship, brother. Lerner was the reason you rooted for the Browns, so none of us will bag on you if you squicken on over to the Chefs or Rams or Jags or any other crappy team.

Screw that. Why would I switch to another team? Switching allegiance in team support for a British national like myself is just not an option. In fact I think it's grounds for deportation.

People who just support teams who consistently do well, "Glory supporters" as we call them over here, are the worst type of people in suport.

Plus following the Browns is hilariously fun. Maybe it's my football (read: soccer) upbringing means I'm used to handling poor seasons and not being a top tier team better than some.

Godslay

Banned
I didn't really like the Osweiler pick, but in the few practices so far he is carving out his spot as the number 2 behind Peyton. He's still Peyton's backup so it doesn't matter much, but I've been impressed so far. Too bad we won't see him for 3-5 years if everything goes right.

Boston sports team have spoiled me a lot over the period that I've watched them. Good thing I have the Dutch National soccer squad and my local soccer team (Ado Den Haag) to disappoint me time after time :D

LJ11

What made the Steelers/Niners game entertaining/funny is that they ran the same stunt all game long and the Steelers still couldn't block. They knew it was coming and couldn't do shit about it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wish I could be spoiled, god how I wish.

This city hasn't had a buzz about a sports team since 2007 when the Raptors surprised the NBA and won their conference. Sadly we got bounced in the first round but people were hyped up to actually have playoffs for the first time since 2004.

4Aw2Q.jpg

Mmmmhhmmmm

jakncoke

Banned
What made the Steelers/Niners game entertaining/funny is that they ran the same stunt all game long and the Steelers still couldn't block. They knew it was coming and couldn't do shit about it.

I remember the last time we played the bills that kyle williams just ate the fuck out the middle. our line can be quite dumb at times

K-19

Banned
Ok guys, we don't really know each other so you will probably don't really care:

I think that me and all the forums it's OVER. I have been spoiled in this forum and internet, I've been disappointed by what which was supposed to be my best movie of all of time. Now I will do something else, read, learn langage and STOP BEING SPOILED. Sorry but this season isn't for me, see you next summer or I don't know when.

Pats for ever

Greg

He's quitting the internet because his most anticipated movie was spoiled on the internet?

DON'T MAKE FOOTBALL SUFFER FOR THIS

K-19

Banned
36428711514animatedgifchat8etf.gif

JOKE. You know ... THAT is a real fucking unexpectedly twist! Christopher, take my exemple when you'll writing your next movie.

he clicked on the awesome sounding headline "TOM BRADY CLIFF JUMPING PHOTOS!" and then saw bradys girlish 3 foot jump and he couldn't take it anymore. sad but you can understand why he must leave

jakncoke

Banned
Ok guys, we don't really know each other so you will probably don't really care:

I think that me and all the forums it's OVER. I have been spoiled in this forum and internet, I've been disappointed by what which was supposed to be my best movie of all of time. Now I will do something else, read, learn langage and STOP BEING SPOILED. Sorry but this season isn't for me, see you next summer or I don't know when.

Pats for ever

what the fuck are you on about, are you pulling a jdez

edit: oic

bionic77

lets play the true/false game.

1. the 49ers offense outscored the steelers offense last year.
2. alex smith had a better QB rating than ben roofles last year.
3. 49ers had more rushing yards and more rushing TD's than the steelers
4. roofles had nearly 3 times as many turnovers as alex smith

go ahead and answer in your mind, i'll wait.

almost done?

the answer to all was True! what a twist! i don't expect a steelers fan to know anything more about the phrase "team offense" (as in, rushing and passing, not just passing) than i would roofles to understand what the phrase "no, i don't want to have sex with you please don't rape me" means
It is easy to have a decent QB rating and low turnovers when the coach has zero faith in his qb and ties to limit what he can do with the ball. You can't compare a shit player like Smith to a guy like Ben who is the team's franchise player and has the entire offense run through him. When Alex Smith does nothing (as he pretty much did against the Steelers last year, he completed one decent pass and the rest of the game was bailed out by Lee's leg, which must be fueled by horse steroids) the Niners defense, running game and special team can continue to bail him out.

Speaking of true of false.

1. T/F Only garbage qb's get benched.
2. T/F Ben has 2 SB wins where the biggest achievements in Alex Smiths career is losing in a championship game (something Ben did in his rookie season), getting an average qb's contract despite being the no. 1 pick and caddying for his coach?
3. T/F In the past decade the Steelers have been to 5 championship games, 3 SBs (winning 2 of them), while the most exciting thing to happen between the Niners was the fight between Garcia and Owens and a loss in a NFC Championship.
4. T/F The Steelers have the best ownership in football while the Niners were given to Eddie's D sister who doesn't give a fuck and lets her retarded husband (one of the worst owners) run the team (into the ground).
5. T/F As an organization, what the Niners did to Alex over the offseason probably can't be considered rape, but it was at the very least some kind of sexual assault.

I mean for God sakes even the Seahawks and Cardinals were at least able to get to the SB. And the Rams won it. The Niners are the worst team in the worst division in football. I don't complain though. It seems like half of our SB wins come against that shit stain of a division so in a way I am a fan of all of the teams in the NFC West. Enjoy that regular season win against us and that playoff win against the Saints. I have a feeling that that is going to have to carry you for the next decade as well.

K-19

Banned
Hmm, needs more Hans Zimmer.

So you were disappointed?

A little bit. I regreat to not have been surprised with all the twits. Internet is very bad to keep secrets ... But the movie was fine, not the best. The ending was ... uuuh ... nice but not more; Cotillard sucks (she's french but it not excuse her very bad performance (maybe she was impressioned with the big hollywood stuff)); Some average ellipses; and the French dub was AWFUL (I must say that the french langage isn't the best there).

But the score was fine, JGL and Hattaway awesome, good staging, and one twist (the only i didn't knew) pretty (to say a little) nice.

The best movie ever is for the next time. Sure, I am very frustrated that Nolan didn't make a perfect masterpiece, wasn't so far but not enought close.

bionic77

What's funny about that regular season game is that FMT keeps using it as an example of superiority as if it meant the Niners won a ring from it.

It is easy to have a decent QB rating and low turnovers when the coach has zero faith in his qb and ties to limit what he can do with the ball. You can't compare a shit player like Smith to a guy like Ben who is the team's franchise player and has the entire offense run through him. When Alex Smith does nothing (as he pretty much did against the Steelers last year, he completed one decent pass and the rest of the game was bailed out by Lee's leg, which must be fueled by horse steroids) the Niners defense, running game and special team can continue to bail him out.

Speaking of true of false.

1. T/F Only garbage qb's get benched.
2. T/F Ben has 2 SB wins where the biggest achievements in Alex Smiths career is losing in a championship game (something Ben did in his rookie season), getting an average qb's contract despite being the no. 1 pick and caddying for his coach?
3. T/F In the past decade the Steelers have been to 5 championship games, 3 SBs (winning 2 of them), while the most exciting thing to happen between the Niners was the fight between Garcia and Owens and a loss in a NFC Championship.
4. T/F The Steelers have the best ownership in football while the Niners were given to Eddie's D sister who doesn't give a fuck and lets her retarded husband (one of the worst owners) run the team (into the ground).
5. T/F As an organization, what the Niners did to Alex over the offseason probably can't be considered rape, but it was at the very least some kind of sexual assault.

I mean for God sakes even the Seahawks and Cardinals were at least able to get to the SB. And the Rams won it. The Niners are the worst team in the worst division in football. I don't complain though. It seems like half of our SB wins come against that shit stain of a division so in a way I am a fan of all of the teams in the NFC West. Enjoy that regular season win against us and that playoff win against the Saints. I have a feeling that that is going to have to carry you for the next decade as well.

1. alex never got benched, he was injured and never got his job back from singletary... a coach who actually believes that the earth was created 5,000 years ago
2. the only thing i remember about roofles in the superbowl is that he posted a QB rating that would make jamarcus russell look like a hall of famer in one and he single handedly lost a superbowl to a shitty packers team.
3. the only thing i remember about the steelers playoff runs is that they lost to a fullback playing QB last year
4. if your definition of "best ownership" is that they hire a bitch puppet to be head coach and the owners actually make all the on-field decisions then maybe i guess you'd have a toss-up between the cowboys and steelers for best owner?
5. roofles and steelers fans are the expert in the field of sexual assaults/rape so i will take your word on what the definition of that situation was

as for you beating up on the NFC west to get your superbowl wins, well of course. first off you had the refs in your back pocket against the seahawks (the NFL actually admitted that your owners paid off the refs to secure those crucial bullshit calls) and then you beat a team who had 1 previous playoff win in 50 years.

so to summarize: with admitted referee assistance you barely beat an average seahawks team with shaun "charmin soft" alexander as the franchise player and you beat one of the worst franchises in NFL history. what happened when you played an average team (packers)? you fucking blew it.

steelers have never won a legit superbowl. lets take a look at who they beat:

1. vikings - LOL!
2. cowboys - pre-jerrah era, garbage ass team
3. cowboys - " "
4. rams - LOLOLLLLLLLL
5. seahawks - read above
6. cards - read above

now lets take a look at the 49ers superbowl wins:

1. bengals - best team in the AFC, #3 offense in the league
2. dolphins - best team in the AFC with by far the best offense in the league run by a hall of fame QB dan marino when he set an NFL record for passing yards that would stand for over 25 years until drew brees cheesed his way to beating it
3. bengals - again, best team in the AFC with the #1 offense in the league
4. broncos - wow what a surprise, again we play the team with the best record in the AFC with a top 10 offense and the #1 defense in the league. they get demolished
5. chargers - i'll admit they were a weaker opponent because all they had to do was beat the sorry ass steelers in the AFC championship but 4/5 tough matchups aint bad!

the steelers are a joke of an organization and their championships have been built on steroid use, paying off officials, puppeting minority coaches and raping. the 49ers are the crown jewel of the NFL and have been known for decades to be offensive innovators and always a respectful team. we had a few dark years but the dawn is here and like batman once said, the 49ers are the greatest team in organized sports.

K-19

Banned
Ok guys, is there another joke:

The SB isn't include in the medium option for the NFL game pass. Has anyone a respond to this? o0

Are you sure your current one doesn't believe the same thing?

here is a quote from harbaugh from yesterdays press conference about this:

Tom: Jim, can you talk a bit about your religious background?

JH: All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Give us back Ballard, you bastards.

We'll give him back if you give us the 2 super bowls you stole from us and a 1st rounder.

Ok guys, is there another joke:

The SB isn't include in the medium option for the NFL game pass. Has anyone a respond to this? o0

Just the SB or the entire playoffs? There are 3 options 1. Maybe they don't air the super bowl because it's being aired worldwide on local TV stations 2. They just want to make more money 3. For people who support shitty teams like the Jets, Rams and Jags (I didn't mention the Bills and Browns to not hurt die feelings here) who don't care about the playoffs because their teams won't make it.

Milchjon

I sometimes feel bad for Peyton. Being one of the greatest ever, only to be surpassed by your little goober bro who lucks into two (hopefully not more) rings. Gotta suck.

Top Bottom