• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

bionic77

3dOg3.jpg

Apparently this is what you consider an NFL player.
We have seen Ben stiff arm TSuggs and tackle a safety to save a game that Jerome Bettis almost blew. He also took on a car with his head and fought it to a draw. Definitely the toughest qb today.

Rodgers is a backup who lucked into a great team (actually it was really a gift from Brent). He can't even knock out cancer patients and it took roids for him to get those 8 inch pythons. Maybe with those guns he can finally win a home playoff game.

Seahawks acquire Winslow. I gotta say I really like Pete Carroll, and what there trying to do

pete carroll is a mediocre coach. there were times where he had elite talent and that made him look good but he doesn't have elite talent in seattle. seahawks ceiling is 8 wins with cheatin' pete as coach

Meier

I'm not expecting much out of this season but we'll see. The draft was decent enough but the team is still at least 2-3 years away from legitimately competing I'd say. Saints should be down this year though so maybe that'll help us get to at least 500. I hope the pick for Winslow was a decent one.. dude wasn't cheap to acquire and certainly was well compensated.

Which teams were flash in the pans last year who will drop back to reality in 2012? Last year we saw the Bucs and the Chiefs fall apart after making the playoffs the year before.

Who is it this year? I'm going to say the Bungles are an obvious choice. They struggle putting together back-to-back winning seasons and Dalton could be primed for a sophomore slump.

One could attempt to make an argument for the 9ers or the Texans, but their divisions are so woeful that I can't imagine they won't win them.

The Lions are the obvious choice in the NFC. How will they handle a 2nd place schedule?

snesfreak

Banned
[00:22] * Greg (4cbc8bfc@dork-72A99514.mibbit.com) has joined #nfl-age
[00:23] <Greg> i'm on my vita - technolog is awesome
[00:26] <~cuevas> is technolog an app?
[00:26] <~cuevas> TECHNO LOG
[00:27] <Greg> i haven't mastered the touch keyboard - forgive me
[00:31] <~cuevas> TECHNO LOG, VITA EXCLUSIVE
[00:32] <Greg> i bet snesfreak is jealous. nintendo doesn't have that
[00:34] * ~cuevas slaps snesfreak around a bit with a large trout
[00:34] * ~cuevas slaps sneslaptop around a bit with a large trout
[00:34] <~cuevas> respond! why doesnt nintendo have techo log?
[00:39] * Greg (4cbc8bfc@dork-72A99514.mibbit.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[00:41] * Chan (Chan@dork-AA5B6835.socal.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[00:42] * ~cuevas (cuevas@dork-C2332EDD.lightspeed.wchcil.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: )

You people.

The Lions are the obvious choice in the NFC. How will they handle a 2nd place schedule?

Meh, Detroit gets the AFC South and NFC West this year, 2 divisions with 1 decent team in each division right now. Then the Falcons and Eagles as opposed to the Cowgirls and 49ers of last season. And the Bears got worse while the Vikings are coming in with a borked AP and still raw team. If anything, I think the schedule will be a bit easier than last year.

Falcons and eagles will be tough and toss up games, while the AFC South gets rolled over and the NFC West produces 1 legit game and the return of handshake gate. Packers will be Packers, Bears and Vikings compete for 3rd. I think Detroit will be just fine

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks acquire Winslow. I gotta say I really like Pete Carroll, and what there trying to do

If we gave up more than a 6th for that washed up bum I'll be pissed.

I'm not even sure why we need another tight end.

Apparently it's a 7th that can become a 6th.

I still don't like it.

Yuck. We take on his existing contract. I hate it even more.

Greg

You people.
I don't think I'll use the IRC on the Vita again. It kept defaulting to the middle of the chat log every time I posted something, and then it was a pain in the ass to scroll back down. And on top of that, you can't see what's going on while you're typing.

bluemax

Banned
It's almost like having more receivers.

We have 3 on the roster already. I know Pete and Darrell like the double tight sets and all but eh.

I guess since they couldn't get Tamme or Shiancoe this was the best option for crappy veteran backup tight end.

Meh, Detroit gets the AFC South and NFC West this year, 2 divisions with 1 decent team in each division right now.
You're right, I wouldn't go so far to call the 49ers decent either. On the other hand we will find a way to combine the skills of Kolb and Skelton to give us Jevin Skolb, an amazing specimen who averages 3 concussions a year and overthrows 80% of his receivers. It's inevitable, we can't be stopped.

eznark

Banned
Swapping Winslow with Clark seems like a locker room move. Both Generally I think locker room moves are idiotic but Josh Freeman is a weak minded and impressionable chunk with a weight problem, so bringing in a broken down old man like Clark might help him gain perspective.

Neither was very good last year but Jesus, Clark had a catch rate of around 50% which is just pathetic. Known pass dropper Finley even managed 60%. I really hope Clark brings some of that fabled "veteran leadership" because he doesn't bring much else at this point. Though it's not like Kellen Winslow is anything special either.

So with Zach Miller and Kellen Winslow the Seahawks now have what, $15m at the tight end position this year? Seems skewed. Miller to the Bears?

Meier

WTF, Winslow only got us a 7th, maybe a 6th? Jesus, that's pathetic. Dude has been our top receive 2 out of 3 years running.. yeah, I get that you want to get rid of him, but surely there was an opportunity to get a better value than that. Pathetic.

Bowser

WTF, Winslow only got us a 7th, maybe a 6th? Jesus, that's pathetic. Dude has been our top receive 2 out of 3 years running.. yeah, I get that you want to get rid of him, but surely there was an opportunity to get a better value than that. Pathetic.

You're lucky the Bucs got anything at all with his knee problems and that contract

eznark

Banned

Being a top 2 receiver on the Bucs isn't really saying a lot. He's not particularly good and he has injury problems.

I actually thought his contract was reasonable though? Maybe I misread it.

jakncoke

Banned

Just because he's your top target doesn't mean shit to value of the rest of the league. Eagles fans should bitch, Asante was a starting corner and they only got a low round draft pick. How dare NFL do this! Santonio only got us a 5th, he was our leading WR.. *lightstorch* I will not stand for this!

knee and thigh pads mandatory for the 2013 season per espn app update.

i still feel like concussion-protection type helmets like the riddell revolution should be mandatory.

Just because he's your top target doesn't mean shit to value of the rest of the league. Eagles fans should bitch, Asante was a starting corner and they only got a low round draft pick. How dare NFL do this! Santonio only got us a 5th, he was our leading WR.. *lightstorch* I will not stand for this!

Still brings a smile to my face.

eznark

Banned
I could understand the knee pads more than the thigh pads, tbh. That is, if knee pads weren't basically thin wafers. :jnc

I could understand some knee wraps or something. If you've ever played football (seems like you have) you know just how fucking pointless those leg pads are. Except the tail bone pad...that is legit!

Top Bottom