• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

But if Alex was even remotely good, you'd think, as an UFA, at least one team would have gone after him. In a league with 31 other teams. With Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder and John Skelton all starting. No team thought Alex Smith was an upgrade

Dolphins and seahawks showed interest but there wasn't a lot because everyone assumed he'd just resign with us. He would be an upgrade for half the teams in the league, especially all the teams in our division!

Warren Sapp is out on Inside the NFL...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/25/inside-the-nfl-puts-sapp-on-the-outside/

It’s still unknown whether NFL Network will keep Warren Sapp beyond the expiration of his contract in August. But it is known that Showtime won’t be bringing Sapp back for Inside the NFL.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Sapp is out. Per Jackson, Showtime has confirmed that James Brown of CBS, Phil Simms of CBS, and Cris Collinsworth of NBC will be returning.

It’s unknown whether Showtime will be replacing Sapp on the cast. Two years ago, Showtime wanted to hire NBC’s Rodney Harrison to moonlight. As we heard it at the time, NBC was fine with that arrangement, but CBS (which owns Showtime) didn’t want a second NBC employee on the panel.

Don't know if anyone really watches Inside the NFL, but it's likely Sapp won't be returning to the NFLN either.

squicken

Dolphins and seahawks showed interest but there wasn't a lot because everyone assumed he'd just resign with us. He would be an upgrade for half the teams in the league, especially all the teams in our division!

Why didn't the Cards try and sign him? I mean if he's so much better than Kolb, and Alex was clearly miffed at the Peyton thing, he would have been receptive to a solid contract offer.

Why didn't the Cards try and sign him? I mean if he's so much better than Kolb, and Alex was clearly miffed at the Peyton thing, he would have been receptive to a solid contract offer.

Because they assumed it was a waste of time to try. The cards are a horribly run, horribly coached franchise. Alex has no desire to be a part of that! It's why he didn't sign with the fins

Small hands is not an upgrade over an other QB in the league. He is afraid to throw a pass to a WR. Kap is taking that job this year.

Damn the qb guru yankeehater is right. After being spot-on with his assessment of his boy kolb being great I guess he is right about Alex :(

I wish we had paid $70 mil to kolb instead of the cards

Damn the qb guru yankeehater is right. After being spot-on with his assessment of his boy kolb being great I guess he is right about Alex :(

I wish we had paid $70 mil to kolb instead of the cards

Yawn. Didnt Kolb beat the 9ers and small hands last year? Kolb has sucked with the Cards but no way would he, or any other QB, have played such a scared game against the Giants. As much as people want to blame the returner for the loss, if lil ALex had just been able to complete a pass to a wide open WR they would have won easily.

Striker

As funny and sad as the Kolb stuff was, the excitement over Mike Bell was better.

Update:

Don't know how much I buy that...
Yeah, I'm iffy. Hopeful he's ready for Week 1 is all I gotta say. More reps for Jernigan, Randle, Barden, DePalma, Hixon, and others in camp and pre-season. For once though I'd like to see them be healthy going into the season.

I ain't even mad about Alexis's comments. If he needs to talk himself up and tear down second-year players to help compensate for his lack of size in certain parts of his body, so be it.

Yawn. Didnt Kolb beat the 9ers and small hands last year? Kolb has sucked with the Cards but no way would he, or any other QB, have played such a scared game against the Giants. As much as people want to blame the returner for the loss, if lil ALex had just been able to complete a pass to a wide open WR they would have won easily.

If you consider playing 2 plays and getting injured "winning a game" then yeah kolb did.

And leave it to an eagles fan to not understand how a qbs production happens. I challenge any qb to succeed against a good d with the Wrs crabtree, Kyle Williams, Brett swain and joe Hastings. What's that? Never heard of swain or Hastings? Oh.

And despite all that Alex had a better qb rating than Eli in the game. He did miss a couple throws, but he also made enough plays for us to win if not for kw

I ain't even mad about Alexis's comments. If he needs to talk himself up and tear down second-year players to help compensate for his lack of size in certain parts of his body, so be it.

That is the funny thing that meatheads like beason don't understand. He wasn't insulting scam at all. He was just saying that yards dont win games, points do. You win and lose as a team. If your qb throws for 500 yards but you lose what's the point?

If you consider playing 2 plays and getting injured "winning a game" then yeah kolb did.

And leave it to an eagles fan to not understand how a qbs production happens. I challenge any qb to succeed against a good d with the Wrs crabtree, Kyle Williams, Brett swain and joe Hastings. What's that? Never heard of swain or Hastings? Oh.

And despite all that Alex had a better qb rating than Eli in the game. He did miss a couple throws, but he also made enough plays for us to win if not for kw

Mcnabb was putting up 3500 yard seasons throwing to guys just like that. If the 9ers could have replaced small hands you would be killing him right now, and the second they do replace him you will be saying he was terrible just like everyone else already is.

Greg

a3Zal.jpg

Mcnabb was putting up 3500 yard seasons throwing to guys just like that. If the 9ers could have replaced small hands you would be killing him right now, and the second they do replace him you will be saying he was terrible just like everyone else already is.

Alex had better ypa than mcribb had when he was passing to pinkston and fredex. Alex also demolishes mcribb when comparing playoff #s.

I never said Alex was great. He is a good qb and in the top 15 in the nfl thanks to harbs

Excuses are like assholes, FMT can never have enough of either.

No excuses needed. Alex outplayed Eli but couldn't overcome kyle Williams. What is errons excuse for his awful playoff game? Not only did he not have kw, but the nfl tried giving that game to the packers with tons of bullshit calls but erron wasnt up to the task!

eznark

Banned
No excuses needed. Alex outplayed Eli but couldn't overcome kyle Williams. What is errons excuse for his awful playoff game? Not only did he not have kw, but the nfl tried giving that game to the packers with tons of bullshit calls but erron wasnt up to the task!

Rodgers won a Super Bowl, with Brett Swain.

Cry more.

No excuse needed, yet here let me list all of these excuses. Clown!

Rodgers won a Super Bowl, with Brett Swain.

Cry more.

No excuse needed, yet here let me list all of these excuses. Clown!

You make my point for me. A special teams packers player was one of our main receivers and people wonder why Alex didn't find our receivers in the nfccg.

And I was responding to people tearing down Alex. There are no excuses needed for him because he had a good season.

Meanwhile erron can only look forward to living in the memory of a fluke sb run

bionic77

FMT I would have gone with the stat of home playoff wins if you are going to compare the two.

You can also cite to the fact that Alex doesn't hadokoen his elderly fans with stomach cancer (granted I am not sure Alex has that many fans, but ignore that and stick to the script).

This argument based on mutual hatred is making me think. Unless you are a Niner or Packer fan you are going to hate Alex and Erron, but is there any one football player that is universally liked? I mean even our Lord Tebow has haters. It would probably have to be an amazing player who was stuck on a shitty team (that way he could never have beaten your team or caused you any pain). I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Was the last one Montana? Rice?

squicken

FMT I would have gone with the stat of home playoff wins if you are going to compare the two.

You can also cite to the fact that Alex doesn't hadokoen his elderly fans with stomach cancer (granted I am not sure Alex has that many fans, but ignore that and stick to the script).

This argument based on mutual hatred is making me think. Unless you are a Niner or Packer fan you are going to hate Alex and Erron, but is there any one football player that is universally liked? I mean even our Lord Tebow has haters. It would probably have to be an amazing player who was stuck on a shitty team (that way he could never have beaten your team or caused you any pain). I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Everyone likes Adrian Peterson. Everyone liked Barry Sanders. RBs on shitty teams are sympathetic figures

cdyhybrid

Steven Jackson?

Slo

, but is there any one football player that is universally liked? I mean even our Lord Tebow has haters. It would probably have to be an amazing player who was stuck on a shitty team (that way he could never have beaten your team or caused you any pain). I can't think of one off the top of my head.

XL_SAXF.png

QBAllen.gif

JAllen.gif

Top Bottom