• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

RBH

The Bengals have done their best to distance the stripes on their helmet from prison stripes in recent years, but one of their undrafted rookie signings is bringing back the old associations.

Linebacker Brandon Joiner has been sentenced to three years in prison for two counts of aggravated robbery and one count of felony drug possession. The charges stem from an incident in 2007 when Joiner was playing at Texas A&M.

Joiner and another man forced their way into an apartment and assaulted two men before binding them with duct tape. They stole their wallets, keys, cellphones and marijuana. When police searched Joiner’s home they also found hydrocodone and Ectasy.

Joiner finished out his collegiate career at Arkansas State after the arrest forced him off the Texas A&M team. Joiner’s lawyer said that they hope he will be released on parole after six to nine months if Joiner behaves himself behind bars.

“Since this incident, Brandon has conducted himself in an exemplary fashion and I’m sure he will continue to do that,” attorney Jay Granberry said, via the Bryan/College Station Eagle. “There are a lot of people rooting for Brandon and I’m convinced he’s not going to let anyone down.”

The Bengals haven’t made any comment about Joiner’s status at this point.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-joiner-sentenced-to-three-years-in-prison/

RBH

Vikings stadium deal is now official:

MINNEAPOLIS — A plan to build a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings has cleared its final hurdle.

The Minneapolis City Council voted 7-6 on Friday to shift a sales tax to help pay for the stadium.

Minneapolis is putting up $150 million for construction of the nearly $1 billion stadium. The city will also pay $159 million in operating costs later.

Friday's result was expected after council members essentially voted on the same question in committee on Thursday.

The new stadium will be built on the site of the Metrodome and is projected to open by 2016.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/237306/group/homepage/

Senate_Stadium_Thursday_006.sJPG_800_450_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
FMT I would have gone with the stat of home playoff wins if you are going to compare the two.

You can also cite to the fact that Alex doesn't hadokoen his elderly fans with stomach cancer (granted I am not sure Alex has that many fans, but ignore that and stick to the script).

This argument based on mutual hatred is making me think. Unless you are a Niner or Packer fan you are going to hate Alex and Erron, but is there any one football player that is universally liked? I mean even our Lord Tebow has haters. It would probably have to be an amazing player who was stuck on a shitty team (that way he could never have beaten your team or caused you any pain). I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Was the last one Montana? Rice?

Joe Thomas!

TheFatOne

Normally I wouldn't post things about OTAs this early, but something caught my attention. This is from Greg Bedard from the Boston globe.

WR Chad Ochocinco seemed to pickup where he left off. Deion Branch had to tell him where to line up at one point, and then Ochocinco went offsides and had to run a lap.

How do you not know where to line up? If he doesn't know where to line up right now he never will. Pats are going to cut him. No way Ocho makes the team.

snesfreak

Banned
Ugh, some jackass went into the Community thread to shit it up with a bunch of crap that's patently false.
Things about the characters and stuff like that, it's like he hasn't actually WATCHED a single fucking episode and just read a few blog posts shitting on the show and is regurgitating what he saw.

If I get banned...

Talon

Ugh, some jackass went into the Community thread to shit it up with a bunch of crap that's patently false.
Things about the characters and stuff like that, it's like he hasn't actually WATCHED a single fucking episode and just read a few blog posts shitting on the show and is regurgitating what he saw.

If I get banned...
Jesus Christ. Has that clown ever seen more than 1 episode?

cajunator

Banned
Congrats Vikes fans on getting a stadium.
the feeling of your team being close to leaving feels so shitty.
I would have never rooted for a San antonio team in a million years.

snesfreak

Banned
[18:41] * reedlepee (4b6cf960@dork-8D299E22.mibbit.com) has joined #nfl-age
[18:41] <reedlepee> snesfreak
[18:41] <reedlepee> snesfreak
[18:41] * reedlepee (4b6cf960@dork-8D299E22.mibbit.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Who was that?

Should I bother to join the IRC tonight? Or will it be as depressing and weird as yesterday with me, some guy named Skippydippy and a Bills fan?

Top Bottom