• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

eznark

Banned
Wildstar has me literally pulling weeds now. This is a level 21 quest. What the fuck is this shit? I do yard work all morning now this video game wants me to do yard work all afternoon??

JABEE

BqiAbh9IYAEZtPB.jpg:large

BqlFSPAIQAAEGHn.jpg

BqlOzwoIgAA5o7c.jpg

BqlXs5VIcAEgSvN.jpg

BqlYSSPIIAACdX5.jpg:large

Still need to put some rubber mulch in about a foot wide ring around the outside. Also need to strap down the pad but we have some gravel coming for inside the trampoline so I am actually going to have to take all those springs out later and I didn't want to strap the pad down.

We're going to scalp a fairly large area in our backyard to mulch around the playground and then put in a nice fire pit, which is why I had my brother in law spread that dirt around so wide.
You have a nice lawn. Well-cut. What type of grass is that?

Speaking of Zelda, is Skyward Sword worth trying for someone that absolutely despises motion controls? Not just a little either, but a whole lot. Is it going to piss me off?

Syrinx

Speaking of Zelda, is Skyward Sword worth trying for someone that absolutely despises motion controls? Not just a little either, but a whole lot. Is it going to piss me off?

The combat is kinda designed entirely around the motion controls so...yeah, it would probably piss you off.

MechDX

If it wasn't for Peyton I would've never known how much disappointment can truly hurt.

Boohoo! Peyton only won one bowl then we got stuck with another once in a generation QB.

We had Carr, Sage, Schaub and now Fitzgerald. Rosencopter and Pick 6 record is our claim to QB fame

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

You'll be furious. It's way more integral to the gameplay than Twilight Princess. You need the Motion+ controller because of the way you have to control your sword.

Hmm. It's a tough question. I don't like motion controls much at all (never bought a Kinect or Move) but I enjoyed SS quite a bit. I wouldn't say the motion controls were great or anything but I also didn't feel like they made the game worse. At the end of the day I'd probably prefer the next Zelda to be more traditional in terms of controls but as far as motion games go SS does it about as well as it can be done.

If you don't mind the typical stuff that bothers some people in Zelda games (slow start, annoying sidekick, padding, etc.) SS is absolutely worth playing. Overall I thought it was a fantastic game.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood you. If the question is about how integral the motion stuff is than yes, it's going to piss you off. The entire combat system is designed around motion controls.

Gobias

Banned

Probably. I like Skyward Sword for all its faults though. Its got some of the highest highs in the series, but also the lowest lows.

Bread

Banned
Boohoo! Peyton only won one bowl then we got stuck with another once in a generation QB.

We had Carr, Sage, Schaub and now Fitzgerald. Rosencopter and Pick 6 record is our claim to QB fame
but at least that's all going to change with TOM TERRIFIC V2

Syrinx

Skyward Sword was kinda weird in how pretty much everything in the Lanayru section stood head and shoulders above everything else in the game with a handful of exceptions (i.e. the Ancient Cistern).

Gobias

Banned
Skyward Sword was kinda weird in how pretty much everything in the Lanayru section stood head and shoulders above everything else in the game with a handful of exceptions (i.e. the Ancient Cistern).

This is true. Its kind of weird how 1/3 of the game is so much better than the other 2/3

Top Bottom