• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

cajunator

Banned
Hito banned? Cajun got banned b/c of that anime thread once as well. What the hell do you guys argue about?

Moreno story is so weird. Is he out of shape b/c of his knee? Either way it seems like a bad deal

I got banned in animegaf because I posted a link that had a nsfw section in it and I didnt label the link. To be fair, that part wasnt what I linked to but it was further down the page.

Everyone's favorite anime is shit.

My favorite anime is Haibane Renmei. Its one of the most well received anime you will find. Probably also one of the least offensive too.

Speaking of Zelda, is Skyward Sword worth trying for someone that absolutely despises motion controls? Not just a little either, but a whole lot. Is it going to piss me off?

The whole game is centered around the controls. Its well worth playing but honestly the controls work very well for what it was trying to do. But if you dontl ike motion control then avoid it for sure.

Greg

Save the money, dude. We got this. All natural.
the new Septicflesh is pretty good if you're into those orchestral DM bands, and the new Monuments is solid even though I prefer the old vocalist on cleans (I think I'm in the minority though)

and did you ever get a chance to check out the new Wretched? I want to like it more than I do, but they dropped a lot of the melody that made me love their older stuff (even though it definitely has its moments)

the new Septicflesh is pretty good if you're into those orchestral DM bands, and the new Monuments is solid even though I prefer the old vocalist on cleans (I think I'm in the minority though)

and did you ever get a chance to check out the new Wretched? I want to like it more than I do, but they dropped a lot of the melody that made me love their older stuff (even though it definitely has its moments)
Thanks for the recommendations, my friend. I haven't listened to the new Wretched nearly as much as I want to, just the first half or so. I've been carpooling lately which means my music listening time has been drastically reduced so I need to find some other time in my schedule to get some listening in. Kinda sucks. I still need to check out that new song you posted the other day too.

The combat is kinda designed entirely around the motion controls so...yeah, it would probably piss you off.

You'll be furious. It's way more integral to the gameplay than Twilight Princess. You need the Motion+ controller because of the way you have to control your sword.

Hmm. It's a tough question. I don't like motion controls much at all (never bought a Kinect or Move) but I enjoyed SS quite a bit. I wouldn't say the motion controls were great or anything but I also didn't feel like they made the game worse. At the end of the day I'd probably prefer the next Zelda to be more traditional in terms of controls but as far as motion games go SS does it about as well as it can be done.

If you don't mind the typical stuff that bothers some people in Zelda games (slow start, annoying sidekick, padding, etc.) SS is absolutely worth playing. Overall I thought it was a fantastic game.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood you. If the question is about how integral the motion stuff is than yes, it's going to piss you off. The entire combat system is designed around motion controls.

Probably. I like Skyward Sword for all its faults though. Its got some of the highest highs in the series, but also the lowest lows.

The whole game is centered around the controls. Its well worth playing but honestly the controls work very well for what it was trying to do. But if you dontl ike motion control then avoid it for sure.
Thanks gents. I think I'll skip it for now and get my Zelda fix with the 3DS game.

Spinluck

Boohoo! Peyton only won one bowl then we got stuck with another once in a generation QB.

We had Carr, Sage, Schaub and now Fitzgerald. Rosencopter and Pick 6 record is our claim to QB fame

Never said I didn't enjoy having him. He was successful in Indy, and he helped keep many terrible coaches and players in employment lol (this excludes ex-Steeler, ex-Bucs coach Dungy god who was Tebow in coach form, and is now just a troll on SNF. And pretty much most of the Colts offense).

I enjoyed our SB win even though Prince overshadowed it, I've watched that game a ton of times too. Something that no one can say regarding that game lol. The Saints damaged me, and the worst part was that they turned worst part of that game into a commercial that played every single day.

When you go 14-2 or 12-4 just to lose your first game of the post season, part of you dies inside. It's one thing to have expectations, and it's another thing to expect nothing. Ideally everyone wants their team to contend, but deep down we don't expect anything unless we have a reason to.

After Luck wins the Superbowl this year (it's basically set in stone), I hope that you'll be able to see where I'm coming from, Mech. But you called Brady the best QB this generation, so I don't expect you to.

-Your Friend, Spin

Greg

Thanks for the recommendations, my friend. I haven't listened to the new Wretched nearly as much as I want to, just the first half or so. I've been carpooling lately which means my music listening time has been drastically reduced so I need to find some other time in my schedule to get some listening in. Kinda sucks. I still need to check out that new song you posted the other day too.
it's all good - music doesn't expire!

I've been trying to keep up on everything, but it's rough

manfestival

Dang so my friends mom got shot in the leg with a rifle and now they are telling her that they may have to amputate her from below the knee. Its gonna be really weird seeing her like that at first. Apparently it was accidental while hunting but my friend and her best friend were there and saw the whole thing.

it's all good - music doesn't expire!

I've been trying to keep up on everything, but it's rough
Story of my life. Maybe I should just start listening with headphones at work or something.

For some reason I don't think this guy I'm carpooling with would appreciate technical melodic blackened death metal the way we do. I dunno, people are weird.

Getting ready to see edge of tomorrow and the music vids while waiting is fucking horrible. Either a group sounds like shitty ass Bruno Mars or shitty ass Beyoncé or shitty ass Katy perry. Why did this happen

Greg

Getting ready to see edge of tomorrow and the music vids while waiting is fucking horrible. Either a group sounds like shitty ass Bruno Mars or shitty ass Beyoncé or shitty ass Katy perry. Why did this happen
what other kind of music videos do you expect to see while waiting for a blockbuster movie to start?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Pumped to play the last of us next month, since I missed it last gen. Hnnnhggh

They just dropped the MSRP to $49.99. Which still seems like a ripoff lol. Especially when you compare it to something like Halo this fall.

But TLOU was my favorite game last year, easily. Great game. Might check it out just to see the DLC and actually mess around with the MP this time.

Spinluck

The defense won you a Super Bowl doe.

When we talk about the Colts defense, we usually leave out anomaly that was 2006. For that brief window of time in the postseason, we got a taste of what a real defense is like.

If I got to choose, I would've chosen that over the high powered PeyPey offense. Something I wouldn't have said back then, even right after winning that SB. I would've probably found a way to give Peyton more credit.

People should also remember what Vinatieri the gawd did that postseason.

cajunator

Banned
Its amazing to me how good Peyton is in the regular season and then how he chokes so much in super bowls. Doesnt seem like it should happen that way. I mean what changes really?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So sometime next week I'm picking up either an Xbox One or Playstation 4 and I'm completely 50/50 undecided on which console to pick up.

With Xbox One you have the GOAT controller of all time, Halo MC Collection (huge for me), Sunset Overdrive which looks great and a better overall online infrastructure.

With Playstation 4 you have a more powerful machine, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian and a overall more rounded first party lineup. The controller still pales in comparison to the XBO controller IMO and that remains a huge issue.

Which console is more popular on NFLGAF? I haven't really followed NFLGAFs opinion on the two but I will say among my friends, most have a PS4.

Either way, I will be playing Destiny on launch day and cannot wait.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So sometime next week I'm picking up either an Xbox One or Playstation 4 and I'm completely 50/50 undecided on which console to pick up.

With Xbox One you have the GOAT controller of all time, Halo MC Collection (huge for me), Sunset Overdrive which looks great and a better overall online infrastructure.

With Playstation 4 you have a more powerful machine, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian and a overall more rounded first party lineup. The controller still pales in comparison to the XBO controller IMO and that remains a huge issue.

Which console is more popular on NFLGAF? I haven't really followed NFLGAFs opinion on the two but I will say among my friends, most have a PS4.

Either way, I will be playing Destiny on launch day and cannot wait.

More and more games are multiplatform so it would make sense to play them on the more powerful system.

Syrinx

Its amazing to me how good Peyton is in the regular season and then how he chokes so much in super bowls. Doesnt seem like it should happen that way. I mean what changes really?

Well last Super Bowl, he ran into a better team and had his whole team (as well as him) totally shit the bed. Team just looked unprepared for Seattle.

Indy beats your Saints if Hank Baskett catches that onside kick that was right in his numbers.

squicken

Noodle, I saw a movie the other night with a Canadian actress, and thought of you

catherinedelean_stefaenpym.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
More and more games are multiplatform so it would make sense to play them on the more powerful system.

Yeah looking at the future release lineups most of the titles I'm looking forward to are on both consoles. But still, the controller is a huge issue for me. The XBO controller is an extension of the 360 which is my all time favorite.

Outside of the battery sucking complete donkey dick on the Dual Shock 4 (I have two and have one charging at all times), I prefer it to the One controller primarily because I dislike the placement of the top buttons on it. It feels about as perfect as a controller can get in my hands.

Outside of that it comes down to what you prefer to play. Do you care about indies? Do you care about the quality of multiplats? Who's first party lineup interests you more? Etc, etc.

Yeah looking at the future release lineups most of the titles I'm looking forward to are on both consoles. But still, the controller is a huge issue for me. The XBO controller is an extension of the 360 which is my all time favorite.

Have you tried both controllers? Seems like the PS4 controller took a big step this gen

Spinluck

Well last Super Bowl, he ran into a better team and had his whole team (as well as him) totally shit the bed. Team just looked unprepared for Seattle.

Indy beats your Saints if Hank Baskett catches that onside kick that was right in his numbers.

Pierre Garcon basically dropped a touchdown pass too.

Top Bottom