• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Sanjuro

Oh man wish I knew you guys were playing.

Snes added me last night I will fill my friends list with gaffers since none of my friends own a wii U.

Also yeah fight me PD! I read Mangas all day every day.

Some friend you are.

I think I added you...maybe...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
mexican-fan.gif

Stolen from the WC gif thread...

Dat thirst.

How do yall recover so quickly from getting hit by an item or part of the track? I get knocked hopelessly to the back.

Use a mushroom, find an accelerator, anything to get you back up to speed. If you're not drift boosting on a regular basis, it's hard to get back to the front.

I see you peasants play Mario Kart behind my back now.

Don't worry, the champ will be ready next time.

We got up to 9 people! We could have hit more but snes rage quit again. Even had a MrBob sighting which was shocking to me because I thought Bears fans literally ceased to exist in the offseason before sprouting up in August.

Dragon

Banned
Man that entire fifth book was awful except for the awesome end.

Going to take a break for a few weeks.

Lord of Chaos has the best battle in the entire series, so there's that. But you're approaching the territory where most people say the series went downhill. (I like books 6 and 7 a lot).

eznark

Banned
Lord of Chaos has the best battle in the entire series, so there's that. But you're approaching the territory where most people say the series went downhill. (I like books 6 and 7 a lot).

As long as the voice work stays great I'll power through. Probably at a slower rate since I'm not traveling much this month.

bionic77

It still has some good points (a couple of cool Rand moments, everything Matt, and uhhh probably some other stuff I can't remember). But this is when Perrin starts his long journey to becoming a female and you have to deal with a lot of cunty shit from Elayne, Nyaeve and Egwene.

Basically the equivalent of books 4 and 5 of ASOIAF, but without the gratuitous violence or sex.

Wrayfield

Here is my office where I'm paid to occupy for 12 hours.

ceHj3jb.jpg

Notice how I sleep under an American flag. Tebow bless the U S A

I asked if I could put a couch in my office, they declined. Really want a drink cabinet Madmen-style tho.

And your job, much respect bro.

Sanjuro

Finally found an old Wii remote to use this Wii U console. First thing I see when booting to the Wii Shop is "Popular games this week from 2011".

:jnc

MRSA

Banned
I asked if I could put a couch in my office, they declined. Really want a drink cabinet Madmen-style tho.

And your job, much respect bro.

I don't have a liquor cabinet but a mini-fridge that can house beers and a locker full of morphine and versed.

eznark

Banned
I'll be on tonight probably. What time did you guys play? I missed your message last night and deleted it without looking at it today FMT.

You mean nothing to me!

cajunator

Banned
That gaming situation has so many questions and yet so little answers. I wish there was a link to the original source and see if they were answered. Even though Ive seen the image about 1000 times over the years, still makes me wonder about it. Even in my worst setups I never had a tv that small, sat on a concrete floor...ect

My first experience with NES/Mario bros was on a 3-4 inch black and white portable TV at a neighbors house setup in the foyer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That gaming situation has so many questions and yet so little answers. I wish there was a link to the original source and see if they were answered. Even though Ive seen the image about 1000 times over the years, still makes me wonder about it. Even in my worst setups I never had a tv that small, sat on a concrete floor...ect

I thought a gaffer made it in response to a "post your gaming setup" thread where everyone was showing off their crazy custom built entertainment complexes with new age lighting and design.

Dragon

Banned
As long as the voice work stays great I'll power through. Probably at a slower rate since I'm not traveling much this month.

I think it's definitely worth it long term and book seven isn't bad at all, but man I fucking can't stand book eight.

It still has some good points (a couple of cool Rand moments, everything Matt, and uhhh probably some other stuff I can't remember). But this is when Perrin starts his long journey to becoming a female and you have to deal with a lot of cunty shit from Elayne, Nyaeve and Egwene.

Basically the equivalent of books 4 and 5 of ASOIAF, but without the gratuitous violence or sex.

Yeah Perrin gets castrated right around this time, I assume that's what Faile does during book five when he's not on screen.

Yeah, I reviewed it for our site. Great game, well worth the 15 bucks

What version? Thinking about PC or PS4.

Vyer

I'm going to have to play some MK with you guys. My NNID is Vyer-1.

Be aware that my 5 year old plays from time to time so if you see someone playing badly it's not me!
probably

ShaneB

From the Doug Flutie article I shared (nfl.com linked to) yesterday Doug Flutie: NFL becoming more like the CFL.. I found this part pretty interesting.

In the CFL, it was more of a game. And it was a lot more fun. The length of the workday really helped with that, too. By CBA rule, they could only keep us there 4½ hours. In the NFL, it’s 10- to 12-hour days, every day, and it becomes a grind. I know the NFL is a big business, and it’s getting more complicated and tougher, but the burnout level, especially for quarterbacks, is crazy. I just wish there were some way around that, to somehow keep the fun in the game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think it's definitely worth it long term and book seven isn't bad at all, but man I fucking can't stand book eight.

Yeah Perrin gets castrated right around this time, I assume that's what Faile does during book five when he's not on screen.

What version? Thinking about PC or PS4.

I reviewed the PC version. Ubi Montpellier has always had rock solid PC ports. There are no issues, save for, of course UPlay.

cajunator

Banned
the fun part is the big paycheck for staying in shape and playing a game

that sounds sugary

this is just unsweetened coffee goodness

yeah it is. I think Starbucks equivalent is...a frappucino?
Its waaaaaay too sweet but I occasionally will drink one as a treat. Ive been drinking a lot of ginger beer lately so I need to cut down on sugar drinks again. Its so difficult to find unsweetened drinks that arent water or tea bags.

eznark

Banned
From the Doug Flutie article I shared (nfl.com linked to) yesterday Doug Flutie: NFL becoming more like the CFL.. I found this part pretty interesting.

Wow having to work more than a half day for your millions must have been a nightmare. What a trooper for making it through. Such a hero and inspiration.

Also isn't the "burnout level" for quarterbacks um...0%? When was the last time a guy capable of being a starting quarterback in the NFL walked away from the game?

Greg

Its waaaaaay too sweet but I occasionally will drink one as a treat. Ive been drinking a lot of ginger beer lately so I need to cut down on sugar drinks again. Its so difficult to find unsweetened drinks that arent water or tea bags.
you should just brew your own tea/coffee and set it in the fridge for a few hours

and what kind of ginger beer? I had Crabbie's ginger beer during craft beer night a few weeks back, and it was pretty damn good

bionic77

I like frappucinos but they are sweet at fuck,

Nice to have one in the summer.

Coffee is best when it is cold as balls outside.

Wow having to work more than a half day for your millions must have been a nightmare. What a trooper for making it through. Such a hero and inspiration.

Also isn't the "burnout level" for quarterbacks um...0%? When was the last time a guy capable of being a starting quarterback in the NFL walked away from the game?

Tebow?
kidding

eznark

Banned
Does that one thread still exist that we dedicated to talking about football related stuff? (Not that I don't love being involved in Chan and snes's personal conversations, it's a treat).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Cheapest whiskey I drink is Buffalo Trace or Bulliet.

And yeah I'm going to nursing school and become a traveling nurse afterwards.

That's awesome. You're a drunk with a heart of gold. Lifetime should be calling you shortly for the rights.

Top Bottom