• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

cdyhybrid

I challenged him to a race in the parking lot and he bitched out in front of the bar owner and one of the workers

I think with the way I reacted he realized I was serious about how fast I was, and then he was scared and said he wouldn't do it because he just drank beer

no such thing as single for too many years

when you find someone you find someone

Just do coke and you'll get the white person speed bonus. Worked for Matt Jones and JFF.

squicken

the shitty thing is she said that she thinks that some relationship can come from this but not yet

what the fuck am i supposed to say? "oh no problem ill be right here when youre ready"? that's bullshit, and im just upset that she obviously likes me but she doesnt want to show it.

Gotta give her the space then. If she likes you then she'll let you know. If not, then that's that. Tough spot but don't be a doormat. No one respects that

Greg

Just do coke and you'll get the white person speed bonus. Worked for Matt Jones and JFF.
I don't need coke - this kid of full of shit

the shitty thing is she said that she thinks that some relationship can come from this but not yet

what the fuck am i supposed to say? "oh no problem ill be right here when youre ready"? that's bullshit, and im just upset that she obviously likes me but she doesnt want to show it.
yeah, that's messed up

continue seeing other people and she'll either come around or her loss

Greg

Thirteen hours of watching dota really takes it out of you
did it really go on that long? I saw the first round on mutlicast and couldn't decide if I loved or hated the presentation of it all

all the people having different spectating 'styles' throws me off... some felt like shit

One more week until I get my gun, 4 more months until my interview with the sheriff department.

3oDvdWL.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Holy shit why didn't you guys tell me it's a lot harder to control a bike in Mario Kart compared to the actual carts? D:
I happen to use motorcycles all the time...didn't realize carts were different!
There are four bikes that are all basically the same vehicle in terms of stats and are also the only vehicles in the game to offer a form of inward drifting:

Sport Bike
Comet
Jet Bike
Yoshi Bike

Everything else in the game has outward drifting.

There are pros and cons to each, as while outward drifting allows you to make very long extended drifts, inward drifting allows you to take corners with less lead-in distance. A track like Grumble Volcano is one where inward drifting shines, especially at the last fork where you have a sharp left over a ledge followed by a sharp right to the finish line. All I know is that outward drifting isn't too hard to pick up if you're already good with inward drifting, but I couldn't tell you about going the other way. There might also be a difference in how well each can exploit boost hopping, but I have yet to really delve into that. I've mostly been focusing on path and turn optimization as well as figuring out how to avoid getting punked as much.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There are four bikes that are all basically the same vehicle in terms of stats and are also the only vehicles in the game to offer a form of inward drifting:

Sport Bike
Comet
Jet Bike
Yoshi Bike

There are pros and cons to each, as while outward drifting allows you to make very long extended drifts, inward drifting allows you to take corners with less lead-in distance. A track like Grumble Volcano is one where inward drifting shines, especially at the last fork where you have a sharp left over a ledge followed by a sharp right to the finish line. All I know is that outward drifting isn't too hard to pick up if you're already good with inward drifting, but I couldn't tell you about going the other way. There might also be a difference in how well each can exploit boost hopping, but I have yet to really delve into that. I've mostly been focusing on path and turn optimization as well as figuring out how to avoid getting punked as much.

Meanwhile, I'm over here picking the Yoshi bike cause it looks funny.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Sport Bike
Comet
Jet Bike
Yoshi Bike

IIRC, the bikes don't gain anything from boost hopping, while the carts can. Probably why most of the top time trial times utilize the highest speed carts.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
IIRC, the bikes don't gain anything from boost hopping, while the carts can. Probably why most of the top time trial times utilize the highest speed carts.
You also have the highest top speed configurations with carts as well, but they suffer in acceleration.

XiaNaphryz

You also have the highest top speed configurations with carts as well, but they suffer in acceleration.

The hop boosts seem to really help with the acceleration bit, at least in the handful of ghost replays I've seen. The one on Rainbow Road 64 with the Wario player practically hanging off the edge of the track the whole time while he drifted was insane.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The hop boosts seem to really help with the acceleration bit, at least in the handful of ghost replays I've seen. The one on Rainbow Road 64 with the Wario player practically hanging off the edge of the track the whole time while he drifted was insane.
I got a bit greedy with doing something like that earlier tonight and fell off as a result.

Spinluck

I prefer acceleration over everything else in MK8.

It can come back to bite you, but it's the best option for me when racing against people.

I worry about top speed only when doing time trials.

XiaNaphryz

It can come back to bite you, but it's the best option for me when racing against people.

Hard to keep up with the speed guys if you fall too far behind though. That race earlier tonight on that Yoshi level (I think), me and Hito were the front two for most of the race and noone seemed really too close once we pulled away.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

If you don't have a top speed higher than 3 you're going to have a really difficult time getting, holding, or building a lead. Once when trying out different variations I ran a 3.0 speed 4.0 accel loadout and kept getting second place consistently, then since somebody kept holding up stage selection I managed to duck out and switch back to my usual before the next race started. After that, I got 1st consistently rather easily against the same main opponents.

Spinluck

Hard to keep up with the speed guys if you fall too far behind though. That race earlier tonight on that Yoshi level (I think), me and Hito were the front two for most of the race and noone seemed really too close once we pulled away.

If you don't have a top speed higher than 3 you're going to have a really difficult time getting, holding, or building a lead. Once when trying out different variations I ran a 3.0 speed 4.0 accel loadout and kept getting second place consistently, then since somebody kept holding up stage selection I managed to duck out and switch back to my usual before the next race started. After that, I got 1st consistently rather easily against the same main opponents.

I let my younger brothers borrow my Wii U, so I won't be able to check it now. But I use the sail ship looking kart and the Rocket Bike, with the cloud gliders. When using the bike I go Rosalina, in the kart I go Mario or Mii. I cannot remember the name of both of the tire sets I use for each of them, but they both raise the acceleration pretty high. The top speed shouldn't be too bad on those set ups.

It is true, if you get too far behind a certain player, you aren't catching up. I remember this happening a few times when Bread cheated and used hacks. Conversely, I do not like losing my speed after getting hit by an item or falling off, I like instantly regaining my speed. Sure it is short term, but whatever, items are a factor in my decision and I seem to do well with these sets. Some of the stages seem better suited for top speed for sure though.

Jason looking flabby and sick

Also black don't crack

My psych professor's son was the green ranger on one of these shows. I do not remember which one, lol.

eznark

Banned
Everyone picking strength heroes I guess.

I think Pugna and Abbadon might really dominate today if people stick with the faceless/skywrath strat. Those two for Liquid seemed to just completely counter that shit.

BsKAyAWCYAAQYXj.jpg:large

eznark

Banned
Bruno is hooked up to a catheter like the redzone guys.

I ended up watching it at the end of the night and it was actually really good. They had some issues early (and on day 1 it was fucking awful as they kept cutting to the who-gives-a-shit 1v1) but I think I'll probably stick with the multicast all day today, depending on what the featured games are.

Also, get fucked Europe and Asia! USA 12-5!!!

BsJ6qYnCYAAffHW.jpg:large

brentech

I ended up watching it at the end of the night and it was actually really good. They had some issues early (and on day 1 it was fucking awful as they kept cutting to the who-gives-a-shit 1v1) but I think I'll probably stick with the multicast all day today, depending on what the featured games are.
Yeah, I left the multi-cast open in twitch, and then had the Dota client auto-spectating all yesterday. While playing Football Manager all day. O.O

Top Bottom