• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Calvin Johnson: Lions feel we could win the Super Bowl

Another day, another Lion who thinks his team has what it takes to win a title.

Lions safety James Ihedigbo said his team has “championship DNA,” and Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh agreed. Now Lions receiver Calvin Johnson is saying he thinks the Lions can win a championship.

“We need to win a Super Bowl,” Johnson said on NFL Network, via Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News. “That’s the No. 1 thing. That’s the No. 1 thing [and] should be for every team going into the beginning of the year. We’re definitely in a place where we feel we could do that.”

Johnson said new head coach Jim Caldwell has inspired the team through a strong offseason.

“It’s an overall change and vibe here, and we love it,” Johnson said. “We’re going to go out and bust our butts every day because Jim is such a great guy, a great leader for our team. And he’s helped bring us together, and we’re doing a lot of stuff on our own off the field to keep that camaraderie going.”

In his previous head-coaching stint, Caldwell got the Colts to the Super Bowl in his first season in Indianapolis. The team Caldwell has inherited Detroit is nowhere near as good as that team in Indianapolis, but the players’ public comments suggest that if nothing else, Caldwell has instilled confidence.

-PFT

I believe.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I messed up in the underwater level, and I forgot where the kidnapped bodies are.

Going to give it another go soon!

85bd2c691b.png

MRSA

Banned
What's an "Extended Trigger guard?"

XXL sized to accommodate American fingers?

People in Ohio and the South have sausage fingers.

I got the sad California version with an ugly loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect safety along with the dreaded thumb safety.

eznark

Banned
It's multi-platform. Activision just has the co-marketing deal with Sony, so that's why they get the Beta earlier, exclusive content, E3 stage, etc.

Lies.

Also with xbox one now effectively bomba'ing to $250 I might pick one up just for another streaming device and a controller for the PC.

tmdorsey

Shy Guy is in the second lightest weight class, and as weight class is the base stat in MK8 he's in a weird spot. His speed isn't really good enough to go without some of the speed bonuses from certain karts, and going for acceleration on a bike leaves something to be desired. However, your current loadout has 3.5 accel which is only 3 in reality, so you might want to consider trading up or down so you either hit 4 or are closer to 3.

You can get full stat charts from here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/700050-mario-kart-8/faqs/69401

Trading up or down what exactly?

eznark

Banned
Shy Guy is in the second lightest weight class, and as weight class is the base stat in MK8 he's in a weird spot. His speed isn't really good enough to go without some of the speed bonuses from certain karts, and going for acceleration on a bike leaves something to be desired. However, your current loadout has 3.5 accel which is only 3 in reality, so you might want to consider trading up or down so you either hit 4 or are closer to 3.

You can get full stat charts from here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/700050-mario-kart-8/faqs/69401

Fucking tryhard ruining Mario Kart

Spinluck

Sounds like a threat again.

I have decided to give Germany my sword.

My QB was raised there, and resident NFL-GAF member Milch has confessed his man crush for him. I do not have a choice, and even if by some miracle you guys lose (*knocks on wood!), my boy Messi wins his first WC. It is a win win for me.

MRSA

Banned
My man. Great gun. Was my first gun purchase.

Eww, thumb safeties. Kind of defeats the purpose of a self-defense gun.

My XD-9 shoots high, actually it was my first purchase as well 6 years ago.

Yeah not a fan of the thumb safety, its gonna be in the off position anyway.

Milchjon

I have decided to give Germany my sword.

My QB was raised there, and resident NFL-GAF member Milch has confessed his man crush for him. I do not have a choice, and even if by some miracle you guys lose (*knocks on wood!), my boy Messi wins his first WC. It is a win win for me.

You are a good man. I'm absolutely sure your QB also supports Germany.

Top Bottom