• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just a reminder that later today will be the biggest event of the weekend! Not the WC, not Evo, not TI. But flag football! The Legends of Candlestick vs the Dan Marino All-Stars.

http://legendsofcandlestick.com/

Legends of Candlestick
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Steve Young
Roger Craig
Dwight Clark
Ronnie Lott
Brent Jones
Jesse Sapolu
Bill Ring
Isaac Bruce
Bubba Paris
Charles Haley
Dwight Hicks
Eric Davis
Eric Wright
Guy McIntyre
John Taylor
Keena Turner
Mike Shumann
Mike Wilson
Tim Mckyer
Tom Rathman
Barry Helton
Bruce Collie
Jim Burt
Junior Bryant
Kevin Fagan
Michael Walter
Riki Ellison
Jeff Garcia
Tony Parrish
Walt Harris
Wesley Walls

Dan Marino All Stars
Dan Marino
Tim Brown
Drew Bledsoe
James Lofton
Eddie McCaffrey
Anthony Munoz
Bart Oates
Dana Stubblefield
Eric Allen
Marcellus Wiley
Mark Collins
Mark Jackson
Terry Kirby
Byron Chamberlain
Carnell Lake
Dan Saleaumua
Dave Krieg
Dave Szott
Dixon Edwards
Everson Walls
Greg Townsend
Michael Perry
Mike Sherrard
Robert Griffith
Ron Heller
Scottie Graham
Tony Casillas

Supposedly NFLN and ESPN have a bunch of crews out, so I expect highlight packages at some point.

JABEE

What percentile for your age did your pediatrician say that put you in?

Gata hasn't learned percentages yet. They communicate with him exclusively using the children's pain spectrum.

2TtBPtX.gif

MechDX

That would be awesome!

I have that friday as a flex day also so I can totally stay out late and get crunk. Or whatever it is that kids do these days.

If enough people commit I was thinking we could reserve a table at a BWW, Brewings or something like that.

Wings since the Packers are playing in honor of Greg

MechDX

Chris Bosh is just another Miami guy screwing Houston, and yes that was a shot at Andre.
--Not Coach O'Brien Twitter

jnc

cdyhybrid

I guess that makes sense, but not really in the context of animus.

It's not an anime specific thing, anytime someone takes a loss in life (say, turning your showerhead into a waifu...or naming an album after your ex-wife in a desperate attempt to get her back and then selling <1000 copies) they are taking the L.

Just a reminder that later today will be the biggest event of the weekend! Not the WC, not Evo, not TI. But flag football! The Legends of Candlestick vs the Dan Marino All-Stars.

http://legendsofcandlestick.com/

A bunch of my coworkers are going to this. I'm actually heading to SF in a few minutes and will be right near there, but not going. I'm not spending 40 bucks to root against the home team when it's clear the fix is in!

Konka

Banned
It's not an anime specific thing, anytime someone takes a loss in life (say, turning your showerhead into a waifu...or naming an album after your ex-wife in a desperate attempt to get her back and then selling <1000 copies) they are taking the L.

Way over my head. I've never heard that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I thought we had moved past that image, yet it has returned...again.

Now that I think about it, Kas is a hero. This place would turn into a shit hole, if he wasn't here to post about Stafford and right the ship. He sacrifices himself, and his quarterback to bring the topic back to football.

I'm going to rub your balls right now Farooq, but I do appreciate your posts every now and then that break down coverages, who failed to make a proper block, why Romo threw a pick etc. squicken and LJ11 and a few others are some of the best NFLGAF has, but you do a great job with Football 101 regarding the Cowboys. During the offseason everyone goes a little crazy in here because of the lack of football and with PackersGAF, with the exception of Greg, being hooked on DOTA like Manziel hooked on blow the thread has seen some dark times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Stafford is the real deal. It helps having Vegas on my side now, but you all will see, mark my words. I remember the dark days of having to defend Stafford against most of NFLGAF that said Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez were better than Stafford during the first two years Stafford was hurt. Can't believe I even wasted my finger muscles defending Stafford then when it was obvious who the better quarterback was. Playoff wins blah blah blah. You put Stafford on those Rex Ruan Jets' teams and Stafford wins a couple of Superbowls for them.

Godslay

Banned
I'm going to rub your balls right now Farooq, but I do appreciate your posts every now and then that break down coverages, who failed to make a proper block, why Romo threw a pick etc. squicken and LJ11 and a few others are some of the best NFLGAF has, but you do a great job with Football 101 regarding the Cowboys. During the offseason everyone goes a little crazy in here because of the lack of football and with PackersGAF, with the exception of Greg, being hooked on DOTA like Manziel hooked on blow the thread has seen some dark times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Stafford is the real deal. It helps having Vegas on my side now, but you all will see, mark my words. I remember the dark days of having to defend Stafford against most of NFLGAF that said Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez were better than Stafford during the first two years Stafford was hurt. Can't believe I even wasted my finger muscles defending Stafford then when it was obvious who the better quarterback was. Playoff wins blah blah blah. You put Stafford on those Rex Ruan Jets' teams and Stafford wins a couple of Superbowls for them.

Stafford certainly has all the pieces around him. If Caldwell and company can clean him up a bit they should have a damn good offense. Which isn't out of the realms of possibility as Caldwell has the experience as both a QB Coach and OC to get the most out of Stafford. It's just a matter of if/when it will translate over on the filed.

bionic77

....yeah sorry bionic.

I crossed a line and I was drunk on Popeyes. I was wrong to compare you to those people. I hope you can forgive me, if not, I understand.

Let's put this behind us and join together in our disgust of all things Pats and Ravens.
Water under the bridge!

Let's be happy and burn some Ray Lewis and Tammy jerseys on the lawn while enjoying some delicious Popeyes on the porch!

Farooq

Banned
Stafford certainly has all the pieces around him. If Caldwell and company can clean him up a bit they should have a damn good offense. Which isn't out of the realms of possibility as Caldwell has the experience as both a QB Coach and OC to get the most out of Stafford. It's just a matter of if/when it will translate over on the filed.

I was about to post the same thing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

My main fear is if we lose a few of our early games, whether they be close or blowouts, and how we respond. I know the fan base will be ready to call for some heads, but how will the players respond? I think having us play on the first Monday Night game on national TV is great for the team.

I anticipate it to be like our Monday Night game against the Bears in 2011. The crowd was hyped as fuck because it was our first MNF in a long time, Suh and the boys destroyed Cutler, and the offense came out swinging and we're efficient. Jahvid Best had a 90 yard TD run IIRC to really step on the Bears throats.

I anticipate the same sort of game against the Giants Week 1. We've got Nick Fairley in the best shape of his life and playing for a contract and Suh will dominate like Suh always has. Eli is going to shit his pants.

And Stafford and our Saints-esque Joe Lombardi offense will be dropping bombs.

That's what I honestly anticipate anyway. If we come out and shit the bed I already know the doom and gloom talk is going to come after week 1 because were the "Lolions". I want to see how the team responds to that.

Dutch: Sorry brother :( Not a slight against the Dutch because I wanted them to win it all but why even have a 3rd v. 4th place match?

What will you do if they lose today

Not much.

To be honest I don't really care, it's first place or nothing. Still, they played one hell of a tournament, so losing 2 in a row at the end wouldn't do them justice.

Edit: I forgive you Kas. Nobody really cares about this game. The coach already said that a 3rd/4th place game is for 5 year olds.

Top Bottom