• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

We were obviously 2nd best last season, which last I check was better than 4th!

G7ITqMV.gif
No you were 3rd or 4th

Godslay

Banned
I was about to post the same thing.

It will be interesting to see Stafford with a higher level of competence around him. I know people like to dump on Caldwell, but he did right the ship in Baltimore and led that offense to a championship. Might not translate in Detroit, but should be fun to see what happens there.

My main fear is if we lose a few of our early games, whether they be close or blowouts, and how we respond. I know the fan base will be ready to call for some heads, but how will the players respond? I think having us play on the first Monday Night game on national TV is great for the team.

I anticipate it to be like our Monday Night game against the Bears in 2011. The crowd was hyped as fuck because it was our first MNF in a long time, Suh and the boys destroyed Cutler, and the offense came out swinging and we're efficient. Jahvid Best had a 90 yard TD run IIRC to really step on the Bears throats.

I anticipate the same sort of game against the Giants Week 1. We've got Nick Fairley in the best shape of his life and playing for a contract and Suh will dominate like Suh always has. Eli is going to shit his pants.

And Stafford and our Saints-esque Joe Lombardi offense will be dropping bombs.

That's what I honestly anticipate anyway. If we come out and shit the bed I already know the doom and gloom talk is going to come after week 1 because were the "Lolions". I want to see how the team responds to that.

Dutch: Sorry brother :( Not a slight against the Dutch because I wanted them to win it all but why even have a 3rd v. 4th place match?

I wouldn't read too much into the first few games. So hard to tell who a team really is that early.

JABEE

Let's enjoy the next two days. We still have soccer left to watch. We can go back to wallowing next week when there is nothing on. Let's just enjoy this everyone!

JABEE

I wonder what Eagles-GAF would be like if the Eagles won the Super Bowl. I like to think that we would handle things well.

Dragon

Banned
Already downloading dat Destiny Beta. Gonna be ready for when it's live to get really shitty K/D ratios in the multiplayer!

The NFL should implement this between the conference championships and the Super Bowl instead of that hot mess they call the Pro Bowl.

The World Cup actually gives medals for three teams which is why it's necessary. Americans don't give a shit about bronze or silver, just ask the 1972 Men's Olympic Basketball team.

The NFL should implement this between the conference championships and the Super Bowl instead of that hot mess they call the Pro Bowl.

Problem is there's no incentive for the teams to make any effort to win the game, here the teams have nothing to lose and can go out and just play.

The winner of an NFL third place playoff would be rewarded with a worse draft pick than the team they defeated.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We were obviously 2nd best last season, which last I check was better than 4th!

G7ITqMV.gif

:jnc

Go spoil some draft picks salty little cunt

Cowboys fan proving yet again why they're the OG Pats fans. Tebow help us if the Cowboys ever crawl out of the whole they're in.

There is a group of white people at a mexican restaurant watching soccer....weird

Tejas must be the most Latino/white integrated state then because that wouldn't be too terribly shocking here.

Striker

I anticipate the same sort of game against the Giants Week 1. We've got Nick Fairley in the best shape of his life and playing for a contract and Suh will dominate like Suh always has. Eli is going to shit his pants.
Giants had a garbage OL last year, notably at OG/C and Suh was still invisible that game.

Dragon

Banned
Tejas must be the most Latino/white integrated state then because that wouldn't be too terribly shocking here.

Probably Texas or California. I think Latinos in California are pretty close to not being a minority in terms of population distribution.

:jnc

Cowboys fan proving yet again why they're the OG Pats fans. Tebow help us if the Cowboys ever crawl out of the whole they're in.

I see white people eat at Mexican places all the time, just weird that they are there to watch soccer

Top Bottom