• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

JABEE

Goetz's girlfriend

LMQv2DY.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
In 1987 Browns drafted a LB with the 5th pick named Mike Junkin he played 20 career games, In 1988 Browns drafted a LB with the 21st pick named Clifford Charlton he played 31 games.

ShaneB

Awaiting on an email from my Boss that says our German higher ups have declared tomorrow a holiday and don't have to go in to work...

JABEE

Imagine the Argentine players standing on the field watching these German players clinging onto prancing German babes!

Sando on why Stafford isn't a tier 1 QB

"Mechanically, he is flawed," a different offensive coach said. "He has not been coached very well. Peyton and those guys have worked hard on their footwork. San Diego did it with Rivers and he had not done that." [...]

"If he finds someone to force him to be disciplined, and they run the ball, he can be any of those guys," this coach said. "That guy is way above average physically, really competitive, really quick with the ball -- way faster than people give him credit for, especially his quickness to avoid. He has the whole deal if he is not too far gone with the, 'I just have to make a play and do it my way.' You need someone willing to coach him on a daily basis. He was raised by wolves over there."
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/7/13/5888533/matthew-stafford-quarterback-rankings

also for the drop fanatics:
Stafford's supporters will point to the drops, and they have a point, but even discounting the receiving blunders his accuracy is still average. Pro Football Focus ranked Stafford 18th in their accuracy metric, which factors out drops, throw-aways, batted passes and spikes.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/07/column_matthew_staffords_ranki.html

Stafford simply was not coached for his formative years in the league, and it's going to take quite an effort to beat some discipline into him IMO. Rivers made quite an improvement after one year of working on his footwork so there is precedent for that type of quick turnaround...plus Stafford his considerably more weapons than Rivers had.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Ultimately this season comes down to Stafford. Not the defense, not the secondary, etc. If Stafford improves or has a 2011 type season, we win at least 10 games. If we get the Stafford of the last two seasons, we win 7-8 games and miss the playoffs, and get one step closer to a complete rebuild. It's really that simple.

The fact that there haven't really been any "Stafford starting to put the pieces together" fluff pieces in Detroit media kind of feels like a bad omen to me. In fact we haven't heard much of anything about him, outside of reports that he looked meh in OTAs.

Messi man of the tournament is the biggest joke of them all.

Robben, Rodriguez, Vlaar, maybe Müller.

All had a much better tournament than that slimy Barcelona cunt. Fucking FIFA.

Go fall out of your plane home Blatter, old cunt.

squicken

I thought Mueller was the best player but Rodriquez was close as well. Messi getting it is silly but it's pretty low on FIFA's list of silliness

JABEE

Messi man of the tournament is the biggest joke of them all.

Robben, Rodriguez, Vlaar, maybe Müller.

All had a much better tournament than that slimy Barcelona cunt. Fucking FIFA.

Go fall out of your plane home Blatter, old cunt.

Messi had a really good tournament too.

jakncoke

Banned
There has been 7 nfl players, including 3 drafted from a college named Elizabeth City St., Browns their 7th round 175th overall pick in 1985 on WR named Reggie Langhorne

Don't worry Dutch, Arjen is the best diver in the tournament ever since Biscuits was eliminated.

Robben has been the better player this tournament than Messi. But like I said, I would have been cool with a lot of players winning it over Robben. James Rodriguez for instance.

Messi won it because he's a big name and nothing more.

Messi was the best player on his team.

Don't think he deserved the award though.

Mascherano is the reason they even made it this far and Di Maria was also ahead of Messi before he got injured.

Top Bottom