• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Yeah, I need some help in this area too. Squicken told me Arsenal last year before they won the FA Cup, so I can't go to them now.

I wouldn't worry about being seen as a bandwagon fan, Arsenal will get off to a great start, temporarily fooling everyone into believing that they'll finally win the league again before fading away after Christmas and leaving their fans scrambling to claim a moral victory with "Well, we didn't win the league but at least we play attractive football".

It's pretty much tradition at this point.

Bread

Banned
Liverpool - A team that consistently won everything a lifetime ago supported by insular, irritating, obnoxious fans who constantly cling to past glories to try and mask the pain of the sport having passed them by. Also owned by that chap wot owns the Red Sox and are bitter rivals with Manchester United, who naturally are the Yankees of English football and also have horrible fans.

But seriously, don't be a Liverpool fan. They're all cunts and I'd prefer it if I wasn't forced to completely despise you.
That sounds nothing like the Celtics

I hope you get Jozy'd by the next team you face in clubs!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shut up animu

This dog has more self-discipline than gata:

LuGieFD.gif

By any definition of athlete (all of which I've seen contain the words physical activities), he's about as much of an athlete as I am.

You're a Raiders fan though, I mean I'm not surprised you don't recognize it, your team hasn't had a winning season since 2002 after all.

His team won just under $5 million an hour(or so) ago. For reference, that is:

Cqd79rR.jpg

...over half a million dollars more than every single wide receiver on the Carolina Panthers combined will receive this year.

ed: Oh shit, that kid's not in DOTA, that's another thing? Oops, disregard

Genuinely thought all that game playing noise today was for the DOTA International, not another game playing thing. My bad.

JABEE

eznark, let's have a truce. I offer you the services of the gata and his cousins as war prizes. You may not return them, do with them what you want.

The Europeans won't post about Soccer and you won't post pictures and gifs of the teenage boys you follow who play video games and deliver pizzas on the weekend at their local Papa Johns.

Also, coldnoodle will stop posting pictures of little boys as a sign of his commitment to this deal.

Packers-GAF is a proud organization within this larger NFL Family. We hope that these past 30 days of turmoil can be forgiven and forgotten. Dutch is a German again and the USA only plays one kind of Football. REAL FOOTBALL

I await your decision. I hope we can get back to making fun of the Lions. In a few months, Bears fans will return to this thread. I know that is entertaining to you and your kin.

I am an honorable man who will follow this code. I long for days of tranquility in this land of freedom and prosperity. Let us have peace. Americans and Euros alike.

JABEE

Godslay

Banned
I wouldn't worry about being seen as a bandwagon fan, Arsenal will get off to a great start, temporarily fooling everyone into believing that they'll finally win the league again before fading away after Christmas and leaving their fans scrambling to claim a moral victory with "Well, we didn't win the league but at least we play attractive football".

It's pretty much tradition at this point.

Then Arsenal it is. I guess I'll have to live with the gata.

bionic77

You should watch all of them really, but Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind are probably my favorites.
Wish there was a legal and easy way to rent them online.

But I will just keep buying a new one every 6 months to watch with my kids.

Dragon

Banned
Wish there was a legal and easy way to rent them online.

But I will just keep buying a new one every 6 months to watch with my kids.

Your kids will love Castle in the Sky really, it's got a really great easily identifiable premise. Not sure how old they are but I think they'd get it a lot quicker than something like Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. If you do watch Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, do NOT watch the Warriors of the Wind cut of it, it's horrible.

As far as the legal thing, do what I do. I torrented Frozen, after I bought the 3D Euro version, so I was able to watch it while it was en route. It's definitely not legal, but as far as moral I don't see anything wrong with it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
eznark, let's have a truce. I offer you the services of the gata and his cousins as war prizes. You may not return them, do with them what you want.

The Europeans won't post about Soccer and you won't post pictures and gifs of the teenage boys you follow who play video games and deliver pizzas on the weekend at their local Papa Johns.

Also, coldnoodle will stop posting pictures of little boys as a sign of his commitment to this deal.

Packers-GAF is a proud organization within this larger NFL Family. We hope that these past 30 days of turmoil can be forgiven and forgotten. Dutch is a German again and the USA only plays one kind of Football. REAL FOOTBALL

I await your decision. I hope we can get back to making fun of the Lions. In a few months, Bears fans will return to this thread. I know that is entertaining to you and your kin.

I am an honorable man who will follow this code. I long for days of tranquility in this land of freedom and prosperity. Let us have peace. Americans and Euros alike.

JABEE

:jnc

The only thing that will bring peace is football or at least football related news.

Dragon

Banned
Millennium Actress is the greatest anime movie and actually I would put it up there with the best movies of any medium animated or not.

I haven't seen Millennium Actress, but my favorite is probably Grave of the Fireflies. Not a kids movie bionic, but a pretty great movie about a Japanese family during WW2. Very very sad though :/.

JABEE

I'm down with that. No more soccer talk from me.

IT'S TIME FOR CRICKET:

warnemagic.gif

There has been 38 instances of a QB throwing at least 6 interceptions in a game. Peyton is the most recent.

Anybody on that list more than once?

I haven't seen Millennium Actress, but my favorite is probably Grave of the Fireflies. Not a kids movie bionic, but a pretty great movie about a Japanese family during WW2. Very very sad though :/.

Bought both of those on DVD over a decade ago, still haven't got round to watching them :(

What on earth am I looking at?

A fat, Aussie, adulterous drugs cheat completely embarrassing a posh English gent.

You have to be in the right mood for Grave, it's a very depressing impactful film.

Yeah, that's what has put me off watching it a couple of times. If I was younger I'd probably have seen it by now, but being older and knowing that the real world is a horrible place I'd rather watch Big Trouble in Little China for the millionth time and be cheered up for 2 hours.

Top Bottom