• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

WedgeX

Banned
I have the internets after a two week drought. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. And now its so fast!

And I composed a poem about the interaction I had with a paranoid schizophrenic lady way too early this morning.

Have the Lions beaten the Bears yet?

I gotta say most popular teams in here are probably Pats, packers, and maybe steelers?
Eagles Gaf seems kinda big too
Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants, Niners.

I would like to personally welcome any and all newcomers from Footy-GAF, except for the Pats fans of course. Although they're probably all asleep by now.

Baseball's all star game confuse me.

A) It's an exhibition.... but wait it's not. The winning side gets home field in the world series.
B) So if home field is on the line shouldn't you be playing to win, why is your best pitchers only going one inning? Why should everyone play if something as important as home field is on the line.

All the Thursday Night Games are division games. Interesting.

Make sense to me. You don't need to prep for a team that you prep for every god damn year. I mean at this point the Seahawks and 49ers both know what the other team is going to do. It's a matter of can you stop them?

jakncoke

Banned

A) It's an exhibition.... but wait it's not. The winning side gets home field in the world series.
B) So if home field is on the line shouldn't you be playing to win, why is your best pitchers only going one inning? Why should everyone play if something as important as home field is on the line.

Hail mary effort to get a raising interest in the game and more ratings which more earning potential from commercial slots!

Syrinx

Bud Selig has made some...well....interesting decisions in his tenure as commish.

Sanjuro

I wouldn't ever say home field is important. Baseball is pretty much the only one offering a variety, and I still think it's not that big of a deal.

Add a gimmick to the AS Game or have it rotate yearly. Nobody gives a shit.

Hail mary effort to get a raising interest in the game and more ratings which more earning potential from commercial slots!

That said, at least in their money grab the MLB only sacrificed the sanctity of their all star game (lol) rather than effing with perfection like the NFL has w/ the godawful TNF games.

rando14

Looks like Greg Hardy was found guilty of assault

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview
Hardy guilty on both accounts.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview
Hardy will have to get permission from probation officer to travel with Panthers. Defense appeals decision and requests a jury trial.

Looks like Greg Hardy was found guilty of assault

tumblr_inline_n0bhbbE4sl1ryp1vd.gif

KONY 2014 approaches

More choice quotes from Panthers beat writers

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 20m
Court sentences Hardy to 60 days suspended sentence and 18 months probation. He can travel with team.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 20m
Hardy will appeal, requests jury trial in Superior Court.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 8m
Fialko, Hardy's lawyer: Hardy will now hve a jury trial. We are confident he will be acquitted.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 6m
Probation is void until jury trial. So travel restrictions won't be in effect now

Basically from all of this, I glean that Goodellführer will be bringing the banhammer. Just for how long, is the question.

In addition, Jerry Richardson has always taken a very dire view of violence against women. I doubt he's pleased at the moment.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wouldn't ever say home field is important. Baseball is pretty much the only one offering a variety, and I still think it's not that big of a deal.

Depends. Some AL teams would be hurt by the lack of a DH a lot more than others.

Konka

Banned
World Cup Final Viewership Sets U.S. TV Record

The final match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil set all sorts of viewership and engagement records across various media and social media platforms. Data from the Nielsen company showed that an estimated 26.5 million people watched the Final between Germany and Argentina, which ended with the Germans prevailing 1-0 after extra time. The match had 17.3 million viewers on ABC and another 9.2 million on Spanish-language channel Univision.

The combined 26.5 million viewers makes the match the largest television audience for a single sporting event, outside of the Super Bowl of course. Further, roughly 750,000 people per minute were streaming the game over the internet through services provided by each network.

In Germany, an all-time TV record was set as 34.65 million people watched their home country hoist the World Cup for the first time since 1990 and for the first time ever as a unified nation.

To put the U.S. figures in perspective, the Germany-Argentina final drew a larger audience than any World Series game since Game 4 of the 2004 World Series, which saw the Boston Red Sox complete a sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals; more than any game in this year’s NBA Finals showdown between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat; and more than the combined total of all five games from this year’s NHL Stanley Cup Finals (23.473 million). It was also up from the 2010 World Cup Final total between Spain and the Netherlands (24.7 million).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Maybe I'm paying more attention to the NFL but this has not been a good season for keeping "Felon" out of the National Felon League

rando14

Hardy will appeal the decision for sure, could possibly push the court date back far enough it doesn't even affect the 2014 season

Depends. Some AL teams would be hurt by the lack of a DH a lot more than others.

Mariners are getting literally pitching-level production from their DH and they're doing... well they suck :(

Some ball parks are also more hitter/pitcher friendly. Oakland is still the one with the really wide ass foul lines right or something like that.. right?

Syrinx

Hardy will appeal the decision for sure, could possibly push the court date back far enough it doesn't even affect the 2014 season

Really don't think he'd want to have this hanging around him when he hits the open market, though his value will suffer for this either way.

Top Bottom