• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Speaking of that stadium. Why the hell does the Raiders not have their own stadium? How broke are you guys? I mean everyone in the hood buy your hoodies.

Do you guys know how stupid your field look with the baseball diamond right in the fucking middle?

Sanjuro

Speaking of that stadium. Why the hell does the Raiders not have their own stadium? How broke are you guys? I mean everyone in the hood buy your hoodies.

Do you guys know how stupid your field look with the baseball diamond right in the fucking middle?

Raiders died along with Ice Cube.

Smh my teacher just said nobody watches the super bowl for the game it's all for commercials and that baseball is still the only sport that unites Americans.....Should I sic gata on him?

jakncoke

Banned

Al Davis being Al Davis? Idk the details on why they dont have a stadium. Wasnt there a rumor once before 49ers got the Santa Clara stadium that Oak/49ers might share ala Giants/Jets?

Except that...it's well, not.

Yes it is. If the U.S would of beat Belgium this country might have exploded into a drunken orgy for a good 16 hours.

The All-star game baseball thread has 314 post.... and it's the 5th inning. The LeBron James thread can get that in like 10 minutes!

jakncoke

Banned
Yes it is. If the U.S would of beat Belgium this country might have exploded into a drunken orgy for a good 16 hours.

The All-star game baseball thread has 314 post.... and it's the 5th inning. The LeBron James thread can get that in like 10 minutes!

Thats because of the posters of nba threads are power posters. Before shit went down the 2 or 3 times the thread was purged. NBA monthly threads were some the highest posts per month community threads.

Sanjuro

We just did the soccer talk for weeks, and you're adding nothing further to prove an invalid point. Let it goooo

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Al Davis being Al Davis? Idk the details on why they dont have a stadium. Wasnt there a rumor once before 49ers got the Santa Clara stadium that Oak/49ers might share ala Giants/Jets?

There was a big rumor but someone didn't want to share. I think the Raiders should move their thug asses back to LA.

jakncoke

Banned

bionic77

Thats because of the posters of nba threads are power posters. Before shit went down the 2 or 3 times the thread was purged. NBA monthly threads were some the highest posts per month community threads.
No it's because young people watch basketball. Kids don't watch baseball. And this forum skews young.

The only kids who watch baseball are the ones who know that that is the only way they will get their racist fathers attention.

No one under 90 watches baseball for the game itself. The world has moved on.

Dragon

Banned
No it's because young people watch basketball. Kids don't watch baseball. And this forum skews young.

The only kids who watch baseball are the ones who know that that is the only way they will get their racist fathers attention.

No one under 90 watches baseball for the game itself. The world has moved on.

Actually there are plenty of young people that play fantasy baseball and by extension watch a shit load of baseball.

You talking about the little white kids who parents are too racist to let them play basketball, and too pussy to let them play football?

I'm sure they wouldn't mind them playing hockey, the sport for all little white kids in America.

It's true. Baseball is not even American at this point, baseball is Puerto Rican, and Dominican. With a hint of Japanese thrown in.

http://sabr.org/bioproj/topic/baseball-demographics-1947-2012

Where are you getting your information? FMT's play pen?

I only watch baseball because some fat white guy, and some midget troll decided to steal my basketball team.

Actually there are plenty of young people that play fantasy baseball and by extension watch a shit load of baseball.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind them playing hockey, the sport for all little white kids in America.

We can't even make poutine correctly in this country, and you expect our kids to play hockey?

eznark

Banned
Better ratings for a soccer game that didn't even have team USA than any world series game of the past decade.

How does the euro league do ratings wise? MLS? Does MLS get more TV viewers than WNBA?

World Cup is an event with a world stage that happens twice a decade. Weird that people watch!

I wonder if MLS gets more viewers than DOTA?

bionic77

Did you ask for extra gravy to mix it with

All those little leaguers must not count I suppose.
Pretty sure there are less every year. And again those are the kids of fathers obsessed with baseball. That's a dying market.

I don't know why you baseball nerds keep fighting the inevitable. Besides baseball would suck no matter how many people would watch it. Such a boring sport. The best part of a baseball game is the concessions. That's a shitty sport.

Baseball is my second favorite sport and I can't say I watch a ton of it. It's a radio sport for me. I'll catch the odd game if i'm near a TV, but there's far too many that go for far too long to watch the majority of them.

As it stands I can barely clear my Sundays for a 17 week NFL season. MLB is 162 games. I catch maybe 10 a season on TV.

bionic77

How does the euro league do ratings wise? MLS? Does MLS get more TV viewers than WNBA?

World Cup is an event with a world stage that happens twice a decade. Weird that people watch!

No one watches MLS games on tv. All of their fans comfortably fit in half of a football stadium.

And does the WNBA still exist? That's the one sport worse than baseball!

Seattle Sounders game.

Clink.jpeg

Seattle Mariner's game.

Sanjuro

Pretty sure there are less every year. And again those are the kids of fathers obsessed with baseball. That's a dying market.

I don't know why you baseball nerds keep fighting the inevitable. Besides baseball would suck no matter how many people would watch it. Such a boring sport. The best part of a baseball game is the concessions. That's a shitty sport.

You're describing the NFL as well. Good job!

I'm not sure the NFL boom is going to deplete anytime soon, but they are both boring games in terms of television pacing. NFL was made for television, which makes it a bit more of an offender.

Godslay

Banned
You talking about the little white kids who parents are too racist to let them play basketball, and too pussy to let them play football?

That hasn't been my experience but I'm from a fairly small town. Baseball in the spring/summer, football in the summer/fall, basketball in the winter/spring, and soccer in the spring. Also if kids don't play basketball here it seems like a ton of them play hockey. I've known guys to play all year round.

Just guessing I would say that it's baseball > football - hockey > basketball > soccer in terms of popularity at least here, and I'm sure it varies from region to region.

TMZ reports the person free agent WR Titus Young is accused of attacking earlier this month was his own attorney.

The attack reportedly took place at a "medical treatment center" in Los Angeles. Per TMZ, Young is also accused of attacking four other people in the past two months, all at the same facility.

jfc titus

eznark

Banned
Average attendance at an MLS game: 18000

Average attendance at an MLB game: 30000

So maybe you can point to tv ratings?

Top Bottom