• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

cdyhybrid

Probably going to amp up my gym schedule.

Already got the cooking down but been meaning to work on Indian food.

Brah, I'm in a 3-year long relationship. You know this.

lol vidya games. lol movies.

Worst idea ever.

Play DOTA.

All will be made clear.

cashman

Banned
If we want to bring a flood of smoking hot babes to NFL-Gaf we need to start talking about things that they like!!

What do super fine smoking hot babes like... pinterest? Guns?

Wait a minute I got it... SHIRTLESS DUDES!!

I like your thinking rando

bionic77

Probably going to amp up my gym schedule.

Already got the cooking down but been meaning to work on Indian food.

Brah, I'm in a 3-year long relationship. You know this.

lol vidya games. lol movies.

Worst idea ever.
Yeah definitely learn to cook some new shit in your time off.

I don't actually remember the last time I had 9 days off without a wife or kids so I was just throwing some shit out there that I think I would do with time off.

Since you are in a relationship then try to get as much as sex from your woman as possible until you go back to work.

I just got rid of my beard for the first time in years and immediately I regret it as each time I glance in the mirror I see some idiot staring back at me.

This sucks, shaving is for chumps.

jakncoke

Banned
I just got rid of my beard for the first time in years and immediately I regret it as each time I glance in the mirror I see some idiot staring back at me.

This sucks, shaving is for chumps.

Do you look 12 again? If im not looking like a hobo with facial hair( which i get carded still at least 50% the time) goes up to at least 90% shaved.

Do you look 12 again? If im not looking like a hobo with facial hair( which i get carded still at least 50% the time) goes up to at least 90% shaved.

I look younger but that's not the main problem, I'm so out of shape that with my triple chin my face looks like a skinny Fatford right now.

It was better when I looked like a homeless Al Qaeda member.

bionic77

Ugh I am looking at my ISP for our new house.

This company is so shitty that I am going to end up missing Comcast. My cell phone and mifi will have better download speeds according to speedtest.

Man double fuck Verizon in the ass for stopping their FIOS coverage. My neighborhood was scheduled to get it until they stopped the whole expansion.

One day NFL-GAF will be comprised of a 95% female population.

Nice.

If we want to bring a flood of smoking hot babes to NFL-Gaf we need to start talking about things that they like!!

I'm a visionary. I told you the Shirtless League is the best league.

It's either that or a Pats/Brady avatar, right? No-win situation either way.

Anyway, good to know you play some soccer too. I was on my way to a nice semi-pro contract (usually around €750-1000 per month in lower leagues here) myself about 6 years ago. Came from the juniors to the reserves late in the season and the following off-season worked my balls off and instantly got a starting spot at the first team in the last couple of friendlies, just before the league started. Coaches come to me one day saying that they're gonna offer me a full contract during the Winter break but they first want me to play some league games early in the season at the reserves, trying too 'ease' me into the first squad. I was 18 at the time and they wanted me to put on some muscle aswell lol.

What happens? 5 Mins into the first game of the season with the reserves, some asshole tackles me from behind, right on my left ankle. Tore everything, season over and career aswell. I stil get flashbacks to that tackle.

Left Wingback, up and down the pitch, all day, every day.

Damn that's rough man. Wingback is hard work, making meters like there is no tomorrow if you have a lot of attacking responsibilities.

bionic77

Hot chicks are only going to be attracted to shirtless dudes if said dudes are ripped and good looking. And most of those guys don't post in a sub forum of a videogame message board.

I would say your best bet in here is stealth bragging about wealth and how great you are. These things can't be confirmed on the internet anyways. Also post your fake hot gfs. The hot girls will just assume that they belong with you based on your pics. Also talk more about your fake charitable efforts and less about taking dumps in the office, DOTA, and the Patriots.

I'm a visionary. I told you the Shirtless League is the best league.
Shirtless League:

nfl-logo_t618.jpg

Other leagues:

arena-football-logo.jpeg

CFL%20Logo-CFL%20website-Football-Logo-Oct%2016%202011.jpg

Damn that's rough man. Wingback is hard work, making meters like there is no tomorrow if you have a lot of attacking responsibilities.

Yup, but it's fun if you have the right coach who uses a proper tactic where he takes advantage of the upcoming backs and a Left (Attacking) Midfielder who's not selfish and likes to cut inside often.

cdyhybrid

I need a game I can play that doesn't require constant attention. Something I can play while working that I can pause at will and walk away from.

Was playing Diablo 3, but there's no point in playing right now until the new patch comes out. Would play Pokemon, but I'm going to wait for the new one to come out in November.

Oh, and it needs to be on PC.

I need a game I can play that doesn't require constant attention. Something I can play while working that I can pause at will and walk away from.

Was playing Diablo 3, but there's no point in playing right now until the new patch comes out. Would play Pokemon, but I'm going to wait for the new one to come out in November.

Netflix: The Game

You like Soccer?

dionysus

Yaldog

Do you like turn-based strategy games my friend? I've been playing fallen enchantress and Endless Space these days. Both are relatively easy to get into if you have any experience with the genre. They are also pretty cheap and go on sale frequently. My favorite strategy game is the Europa Universalis series but that has a ridiculous learning curve and is also realtime with pause, so I don't know if it fits your bill.

I don't really watch TV unless sports are on. Not as fun as games.

I don't really play sports games. Only one I played with anything approaching regularity was NCAA football, and that series is dead in the water at the moment.

Oh alright. Cause that had 'Football Manager' written all over it and you don't have to play the actual matches like in FIFA or Madden or whatever.

cdyhybrid

Do you like turn-based strategy games my friend? I've been playing fallen enchantress and Endless Space these days. Both are relatively easy to get into if you have any experience with the genre. They are also pretty cheap and go on sale frequently. My favorite strategy game is the Europa Universalis series but that has a ridiculous learning curve and is also realtime with pause, so I don't know if it fits your bill.

Only one I've really played is Civilization. Are those on Steam? I'll check them out.

Started playing crusader kings 2 after getting it cheap ages ago and that's actually pretty cool.

Medieval strategy game that's about building up your dynasty and expanding your empire. Crazy shit happens in it constantly, I married off my depressed, lesbian daughter to the head of the Shia caliphate to form an alliance for later wars only to be informed that she killed herself six months later.

Or siring a genius heir, marrying him to a genius duchess so my descendants will all be incredible rulers. My master plan scuppered when my son contracts syphilis before giving me any grandchildren.

You can marry your cousins so gata will love it too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
While I understand the "baby's first strategy game" sentiments of Civ 5, you guys shouldn't make me post how many hours I've got in Paradox titles.

Started playing crusader kings 2 after getting it cheap ages ago and that's actually pretty cool.

Medieval strategy game that's about building up your dynasty and expanding your empire. Crazy shit happens in it constantly, I married off my depressed, lesbian daughter to the head of the Shia caliphate to form an alliance for later wars only to be informed that she killed herself six months later.

Or siring a genius heir, marrying him to a genius duchess so my descendants will all be incredible rulers. My master plan scuppered when my son contracts syphilis before giving me any grandchildren.

You can marry your cousins so gata will love it too.
This is not respectful

cajunator

Banned
Ugh I am looking at my ISP for our new house.

This company is so shitty that I am going to end up missing Comcast. My cell phone and mifi will have better download speeds according to speedtest.

Man double fuck Verizon in the ass for stopping their FIOS coverage. My neighborhood was scheduled to get it until they stopped the whole expansion.

This sorta thing makes me want to hug my utility company.

dionysus

Yaldog
While I understand the "baby's first strategy game" sentiments of Civ 5, you guys shouldn't make me post how many hours I've got in Paradox titles.

I don't care if one likes Civ 5 or Hearts of Iron III, I just think when giving strategy game recommendations it is imperative to talk about the learning curve and complexity. Similar for the simulation genre. I mean if someone says they like the old Tie Fighter and they get recommendations for X3, can you imagine the shock.

bionic77

This sorta thing makes me want to hug my utility company.
We really get fucked over so hard in the US on cell phones, cable and internet.

Wish there was some competition and choice.

I am tired of seeing speeds from 3rd world countries like Louisiana and Europe with 100+ mbit connections for like $30-40/month.

I got Civ 4 installed for ages, since I read it's arguably the best in the series, but I never managed to try it out properly. Never played a single Civ game or anything alike but the whole concept always interested me. Every time I try to dedicate some time to it and to get to know it, I usually have to do something else and then just completely abandon it again.

cajunator

Banned
We really get fucked over so hard in the US on cell phones, cable and internet.

Wish there was some competition and choice.

I am tired of seeing speeds from 3rd world countries like Louisiana and Europe with 100+ mbit connections for like $30-40/month.

Im gonna upgrade to gigabit possibly when I move early next year it will be about 100$/month. AlthougH I cant think of a suitable domestic use for gigabit speeds yet. 100 mbps has been sufficient.

jakncoke

Banned
At this point id accept a modest 20 or 30 Mb isp. Verizon DSL top plan for my town is a plan they call the 3-7 which settles around 5 and Atlantic Broadband which i think might offer a 12 Mb plan but unsure.

ShaneB

Civ V

I got Civ 4 installed for ages, since I read it's arguably the best in the series, but I never managed to try it out properly. Never played a single Civ game or anything alike but the whole concept always interested me. Every time I try to dedicate some time to it and to get to know it, I usually have to do something else and then just completely abandon it again.

V is pretty newcomer friendly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't care if one likes Civ 5 or Hearts of Iron III, I just think when giving strategy game recommendations it is imperative to talk about the learning curve and complexity. Similar for the simulation genre. I mean if someone says they like the old Tie Fighter and they get recommendations for X3, can you imagine the shock.

Hearts of Iron 3 is garbage though. I'm still upset that HoI 4 is just more of that instead of more of 2. Oh well, I'll just add more to my 500 hours of Darkest Hour!

You're right about mentioning complexity. It's important but I'm not sure if that makes Civ 5 too "easy". It's definitely the easiest to pick up. The Paradox games are second to things like Eve Online or some super involved flight sim in terms of accessibility. Hell, I still cheat nearly every time I play.

Top Bottom