• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

MechDX

Just kill Boomer and go on without him. Or did you get one of those insubordination things because you killed a teammate?

After a dozen or so tries I just stopped. Who bought Socom for single player anyway? You are the first person I have seen that played the campaign.

Sanjuro

Only problem I had is that the rewards should be upcoming games and not already released games.

I remember getting the poster set last year for Plat, and just throwing it away once it got to my house.

The only nice thing I got from club nintendo is their 3ds 32 cartridge holder.

I think I have that somewhere. I need to put all that guy's shit on eBay. Almost kept his Zelda 3DS, but I had somewhat of a heart that day.

Confrontation wants me to change my avatar, but it fits me so well that I don't want to.

Still fantastic fun. I love playing it more than watching, need to get my conditioning up though and some more routine in my play. Too much loss of possession by bad passes and lack of control on the first touch, but that's all about practice.

It's either that or a Pats/Brady avatar, right? No-win situation either way.

Anyway, good to know you play some soccer too. I was on my way to a nice semi-pro contract (usually around €750-1000 per month in lower leagues here) myself about 6 years ago. Came from the juniors to the reserves late in the season and the following off-season worked my balls off and instantly got a starting spot at the first team in the last couple of friendlies, just before the league started. Coaches come to me one day saying that they're gonna offer me a full contract during the Winter break but they first want me to play some league games early in the season at the reserves, trying too 'ease' me into the first squad. I was 18 at the time and they wanted me to put on some muscle aswell lol.

What happens? 5 Mins into the first game of the season with the reserves, some asshole tackles me from behind, right on my left ankle. Tore everything, season over and career aswell. I stil get flashbacks to that tackle.

Left Wingback, up and down the pitch, all day, every day.

After a dozen or so tries I just stopped. Who bought Socom for single player anyway? You are the first person I have seen that played the campaign.

I didn't had the internet thing at first. So I finished the single player first whilst saving up for the ethernet thing. I was still a little kid

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks great to me. All the physical items just remind me of that wacky guy from the gaming section who kept sending me Nintendo stuff, even after I asked him to stop numerous times.

What game should I pick? I racked up a ton of points with all the registering lately.

Remix. Game & Wario if you want something for local multiplayer.

DMczaf

Looks great to me. All the physical items just remind me of that wacky guy from the gaming section who kept sending me Nintendo stuff, even after I asked him to stop numerous times.

What game should I pick? I racked up a ton of points with all the registering lately.

If they are going to do digital games only, how about something exclusive for Platinum instead of a bunch of old ass games that I can obviously buy considering I earned Platinum. Give us a game that has not been released yet in America on VC. Something!

This is such a lazy ass effort, but that's par for the course with NOA.

Sanjuro

If they are going to do digital games only, how about something exclusive for Platinum instead of a bunch of old ass games that I can obviously buy considering I earned Platinum. Give us a game that has not been released yet in America on VC. Something!

This is such a lazy ass effort, but that's par for the course with NOA.

When I was still a giant Nintendo fan, I remember putting in years worth of registration codes. My only reward was having Nintendo know how much I loved them.

DMczaf

When I was still a giant Nintendo fan, I remember putting in years worth of registration codes. My only reward was having Nintendo know how much I loved them.

Z62BWdD.gif

MechDX

I'll let you scrubs go 1 v 8 against me in the next Socom and you still won't stand a chance.
I'll go pistols only then. No Model 18 either.

You can never go back. No matter how many new coats of paint, upgrades, whatever they add any new version of a game you loved years ago it just will not be the same. I accepted that fact when I told Godslay we should play the free PC version of PSO: Blue Burst and he responed with it just won't be the same. I played it and he was right.

I have also accepted that even though I am very excited for HALO:MCC it just wont be the same. Never is.

You can never go back. No matter how many new coats of paint, upgrades, whatever they add any new version of a game you loved years ago it just will not be the same. I accepted that fact when I told Godslay we should play the free PC version of PSO: Blue Burst.

I have also accepted that even though I am very excited for HALO:MCC it just wont be the same. Never is.

I'm afraid you're right. But that MCC deal the Xbox people got, does make me insanely jealous though. It's the closest thing you can get to the original, hopefully they'll make it happen aswell with Socom.

Pfffft. We have the secret weapon.
Greg

I like the guy, but I'm gonna have to make him cry like a lil bitch. Sorry Greg.

bionic77

Nintendo will always accept your love and your money.

Also 3DS still best console out there!

jakncoke

Banned
Fucking Andrew Walter and the Raiders. In 2006 we gave them 1 of their 2 wins. In that game he was 5-14 51 yards and an int. That was all the passing they did. We still lost.

The Last of Us first impression thread on the gaming side is fucking headache inducing. My god.

Honestly, what topic isnt headache inducing. gaming side is filled with insane neckbeard mouthbreathers!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Last of Us first impression thread on the gaming side is fucking headache inducing. My god.

Honestly, what topic isnt headache inducing. gaming side is filled with insane neckbeard mouthbreathers!

At least Opiate has acknowledged that sort of thing is a problem!

Fanboyism is rife on gaming sites, and while NeoGAF is better than most, based-TLOU is basically the third rail.

bionic77

ez did you see that small Tesla car coming out in 2 years?

Potentially <35k and 200 mile range. You in on this too?

Lets all upgrade!

ShaneB

Civ V is garbage. Play a mans game like Civ IV!

Civ V: BNW is awesome. Never really got into Civ before 5, but hearing of 4 and stacks of Doom sounds absolutely awful.

I am just shocked to hear you not like something, so out of character.

DMczaf

At least Opiate has acknowledged that sort of thing is a problem!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120573748&postcount=9685

Hi girlgaf, how have things been? I haven't been visiting as much since my (then) girlfriend Clevergirl stopped posting.

Any thing moderators can do to make the forum more accommodating for women generally? Please note that we may not do the things you suggest -- this isn't a guarantee of changes, just a quest for some ideas. I'd just like to see ideas, whether they be very specific or extremely broad.

I wish NFL-GAF had that kind of accommodation. :(

eznark

Banned
Civ V: BNW is awesome. Never really got into Civ before 5, but hearing of 4 and stacks of Doom sounds absolutely awful.

I am just shocked to hear you not like something, so out of character.

Yeah weird. When have I ever liked anything...oh in the next sentence!

Could you explain what's going on there?
People bitching and moaning that Naughty Dog implemented an option to cap the game at 30fps. This was confirmed in the previews and now you have people assuming the game won't run near 60fps despite ND folks on twitter confirming it does and that the option was added specifically for folks that may want to preserve the original experience.

Only GAF gaming side hates choice. Especially those that don't affect them anyways.

jakncoke

Banned
You don't help things with your creepy voyeur pics!

Wait, was she in one of the pics? If so, which one?

If girlgaf knew we existed, christrejo would definitely get name dropped after opiates question and probably be asked to get banned. thats what i took out of opiates post. "Hey girls let me kiss your toosh, give me a list of members to ban and over time i'll make things happen"

I don't believe this. I am going to need a medical progressional to examine the genital region for proof.

If I trusted you heathens I'd tell you who it is

You don't help things with your creepy voyeur pics!

Wait, was she in one of the pics? If so, which one?

lol fine no more creepy pics and no she doesn't work with me, I dated her sister a long time ago and we remained friends and no nothing has or will ever happen between us, she's like my twin actually, we were both born on the same day only about 2 hours apart lol.

If girlgaf knew we existed, christrejo would definitely get name dropped after opiates question and probably be asked to get banned. thats what i took out of opiates post. "Hey girls let me kiss your toosh, give me a list of members to ban and over time i'll make things happen"

From now on I'll be a perfect gentlemen, If there are ever any girls in NFL-Gaf I won't be blamed for our downfall. Besides with gatas incest and abuse towards women I'd be far down the list of reason we'd get NBA-Gaf'd

bionic77

If I trusted you heathens I'd tell you who it is

lol fine no more creepy pics and no she doesn't work with me, I dated her sister a long time ago and we remained friends and no nothing has or will ever happen between us, she's like my twin actually, we were both born on the same day only about 2 hours apart lol.
DM just took the pics of random girls asses away?

Fucking Buc fans...

You bastards ruin everything!

bionic77

Well guys. Got 9 days off before the new job starting tomorrow.

Dunno what I'm going to do.
I will tell you what to do.

Start working out like a fiend and set a schedule you can maintain after the new job.

Learn how to cook something new or a new skill.

Spend some time socializing with old friends and trying to pick up some new hotties (unless you are married then skip that part).

Catch up on a videogame you missed in the past or a new game you have wanted to play.

Same with one movie.

Have sex with as many people as possible without getting a STD.

DMczaf

Fucking Buc fans...

Sorry mang, you'll thank me later when the flood of womenz enter NFL-GAF creating our Second Renaissance.

But you're married, so you reap none of the benefits of this sacrifice.

Talon

I will tell you what to do.

Start working out like a fiend and set a schedule you can maintain after the new job.

Learn how to cook something new or a new skill.

Spend some time socializing with old friends and trying to pick up some new hotties (unless you are married then skip that part).

Catch up on a videogame you missed in the past or a new game you have wanted to play.

Same with one movie.

Have sex with as many people as possible without getting a STD.
Probably going to amp up my gym schedule.

Already got the cooking down but been meaning to work on Indian food.

Brah, I'm in a 3-year long relationship. You know this.

lol vidya games. lol movies.
Go to Hooters?
Worst idea ever.

rando14

Sorry mang, you'll thank me later when the flood of womenz enter NFL-GAF creating our Second Renaissance.

But you're married, so you reap none of the benefits of this sacrifice.

If we want to bring a flood of smoking hot babes to NFL-Gaf we need to start talking about things that they like!!

What do super fine smoking hot babes like... pinterest? Guns?

Wait a minute I got it... SHIRTLESS DUDES!!

Fucking Buc fans...

Yeah at least I had permission to post those, she was more then happy to show off her ass, besides that was a one time thing, it's not like I post pics of all the nice ass I see throughout the day, which is a lot btw, So-Cal is awesome.

Top Bottom