• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, there is no designated hitter because if you're going to hit someone in the head with the ball then you better be ready for a taste of your own medicine.

The superior NL doesn't have the DH!

coffee and coffee

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856051

YVVJRHm.png

2lRVJyi.png

USA! USA!

rando14

Most lawyers will tell you not to do law.

It's expensive, the hours suck, unless you go to a top tier law school you're screwed, and there's too many of them. A lucky few make big bucks, many make a good living (but you have to factor in extra years of schooling and lost wages, the cost of law school, etc.), and there are several who get stuck as public defenders or doing research the rest of their lives making $40k a year.

I would do Petroleum Engineering if I could do it over again. Six figures right out of college.

Although a Master's in Accounting isn't bad because between obscure tax laws and the public's general distrust of large firms, there's always a demand for accountants. Bonus points: accountants are the last ones to get fired in any corporation.

Yeah I thought about doing law in undergrad but yeah the job situation is fucked. I actually thought about majoring in financial accounting but that wasn't my thing so I just decided to minor in it

I've got a few friends in college who did PE, they're loaded already, have houses and drive nice cars!! I'm pretty jelly but then I look and realize they have to live in like Oklahoma so I'm not that jealous anymore!!

Starting med school in the fall, hopefully there's a job for me at the end of it!! :(

EDIT: Wait a minute I'm actually starting school in two weeks, Fuuuuuuckk it's already here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah I thought about doing law in undergrad but yeah the job situation is fucked. I actually thought about majoring in financial accounting but that wasn't my thing so I just decided to minor in it

I've got a few friends in college who did PE, they're loaded already, have houses and drive nice cars!! I'm pretty jelly but then I look and realize they have to live in like Oklahoma so I'm not that jealous anymore!!

Starting med school in the fall, hopefully there's a job for me at the end of it!! :(

EDIT: Wait a minute I'm actually starting school in two weeks, Fuuuuuuckk it's already here

I thought you were 14? Are you Doogie Howser?

You have a psych?

It was just MRSA spouting out drunken advice from the back of an ambulance.

brentech

ohhh yea.
Chromecast using tab casting of twitch full screen works even better than I thought it might. all audio sent to the tv, still able to have something else on the laptop so i can still hear and do this workout

jakncoke

Banned
I think im going to pick up a 30 pack of something cheap, local drive through had 36 packs of coors and miller light piss on sale the other week for 24 or something. maybe i'll get that

jakncoke

Banned
When the Cards/Steelers merged for the 1944 season we were outscored 108-328

The closest game was against the Cleveland Rams 28-30

They went 0-10

bionic77

Most lawyers will tell you not to do law.

It's expensive, the hours suck, unless you go to a top tier law school you're screwed, and there's too many of them. A lucky few make big bucks, many make a good living (but you have to factor in extra years of schooling and lost wages, the cost of law school, etc.), and there are several who get stuck as public defenders or doing research the rest of their lives making $40k a year.

I would do Petroleum Engineering if I could do it over again. Six figures right out of college.

Although a Master's in Accounting isn't bad because between obscure tax laws and the public's general distrust of large firms, there's always a demand for accountants. Bonus points: accountants are the last ones to get fired in any corporation.
Every job sucks for most people.

The problem is the cost of school.

I would agree that law is saturated but people still make a ton of money doing it. The problem with law is you can't get by being a moron or lazy for very long because of the nature of the profession. You are going to get exposed by another attorney eventually. And jobs are tough to get so you are usually fucked unless you went to Harvard.

Most jobs you can get away with doing a shitty job and no one may ever notice. This is one of the big advantages of being a doctor. You will always have a job and make a good living no matter how bad you are at doing it (might explain why there are so many horrible doctors).

rando14

I would agree that law is saturated but people still make a ton of money doing it. The problem with law is you can't get by being a moron or lazy for very long because of the nature of the profession. You are going to get exposed by another attorney eventually. And jobs are tough to get so you are usually fucked unless you went to Harvard.

Most jobs you can get away with doing a shitty job and no one may ever notice. This is one of the big advantages of being a doctor. You will always have a job and make a good living no matter how bad you are at doing it (might explain why there are so many horrible doctors).

Well if you're a shitty doctor who gets sued a lot you'll end up paying a ton in malpractice insurance so your salary will get cut quite a bit!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Sounds like you basically agree with me haha.

To sum up:

A: Go to a top tier law school, know how to network, and be good at your job = $$$

B: Get a law degree from Gata's Law School and Incest Den = Your life is over

And I guess that's the old joke people always tell. What do you call the guy who graduated at the bottom of his med school class? Doctor.

Well if you're a shitty doctor who gets sued a lot you'll end up paying a ton in malpractice insurance so your salary will get cut quite a bit!!

There are doctors out there who live on basically the same salary I make (about 55k) thanks to malpractice insurance and med school loans.

rando14

Sounds like you basically agree with me haha.

To sum up:

A: Go to a top tier law school, know how to network, and be good at your job = $$$

B: Get a law degree from Gata's Law School and Incest Den = Your life is over

And I guess that's the old joke people always tell. What do you call the guy who graduated at the bottom of his med school class? Doctor.

:jnc

There are doctors out there who live on basically the same salary I make (about 55k) thanks to malpractice insurance and med school loans.

Yeah the first few years after residency are the major loan repayment years. Let's say you have $200K in loans, and you're a Emergency medicine doctor making $280K, cut that in half due to taxes, mal, etc, and you put 80k a year towards the loans, you'd be living on 60k for the first 4 or 5 years.

bionic77

Malpractice is mostly finished dude. Unless you live in an area that has a magic jury pool or you an incompetent surgeon killing people you don't need to worry about it.

rando14

Malpractice is mostly finished dude. Unless you live in an area that has a magic jury pool or you an incompetent surgeon killing people you don't need to worry about it.

Sorry if it's a dumb question but what do you mean mostly finished? Like lawyers aren't doing that as much anymore because it's not lucrative?

Dragon

Banned
She also said your call constant disrespect isn't good for me. She instructed me to say, "Fuck that candy-ass bitch disrespectful gata".

Her words, not mine.

I'm going to pour out a beer on a printed out picture of your avatar in protest of this post.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Falcons and Lions don’t have a long history of animosity to use as a selling point for their October matchup in London, but something that happened last season during a Seahawks-Jaguars game may help ratchet things up a little bit.

Safety Dwight Lowery was with the Jaguars last season and he suffered a concussion during that loss to Seattle when he was blocked by then-Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate. Lowery, who wound up on injured reserve as a result, is with Atlanta now and called Tate’s hit “more of a cheap shot” while discussing his interest in meeting up with Tate, who is now a member of the Lions.

“Don’t get me wrong: I’m not going to go out of control if I see him on the field and he has the ball. Then I’d mess around and miss a tackle. And I’m also not going to do anything where the ball is running the other way and I see him and I go after him,” Lowery said, via ESPN.com. “But if I have an opportunity and he’s trying to crack me and the ball is coming my way, we’ll just see what happens.”

Tate disputed that his block, which came well away from a two-yard run by Marshawn Lynch, was a cheap shot, but said he has no problem with Lowery looking for retribution within the flow of the game.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Tate said. “We’ll see when that time comes. I’m excited to play ball sowe’ll play ball (and) we’ll see what happens. I have no problem with him being competitive and wanting to have revenge. Just keep it within the rulebook. Hopefully it’s not a cheap shot that’s at my knees or my ankles or is after the whistle, but, hey, I’m all for it. Bring it on. CLet’s go.”

It’s not the biggest beef in the world, but it does wet the whistle for the matchup a bit more than a debate over which team got more out of Joey Harrington during his brief NFL career.

-PFT

See you in London bitch ass Falcons.

And the Lions and Falcons do have a history of animosity, despite what PFT says. Let's take a look back at our magical 2011 season:

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Ndamukong Suh is firing back at the Falcons, saying quarterback Matt Ryan's brief injury Sunday was "karma" and hinting that Atlanta has been guilty of dirty play.

Ryan was hurt in the third quarter of a 23-16 win over Suh's Detroit Lions.

"There are many, many, many plays that I could go back to that I watch on film all week that their offensive line has done," Suh said Monday, "and that they've been coached to do, as far as I know. It's not anything that's not been said; it's not anything that's new."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7145144&src=desktop

Offensive line coaches using dirty tactics on Suh? Color me shocked. It's ok though just more bulletin board material for Suh and the boys when we whoop on the Falcons in front of all UK fans European fans to see.

Syrinx

Bing Sports sucks. Twice in the last month they've fed me articles about the Bucs agreeing to an extension with Mike Williams from last year.

Top Bottom