• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

squicken

Who cares about Kluwe? Grover said there are other NFLers posting here, enjoying jnc's NFL factoids from the times before blacks and gays and women voting

LiT1TTV.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Who cares about Kluwe? Grover said there are other NFLers posting here, enjoying jnc's NFL factoids from the times before blacks and gays and women voting

You all secretly love my work. You just dont want to give a poor alcoholic bum who is unemployed any positive reinforcement in fear of a salary reduction from your employers.

Sanjuro

and there is the quagmire in situations like these. it's the reason why i rarely ever get involved in white knighting or soap boxing situations because people can do dirt digging on you and find some stuff that makes you look like a hypocrite. i hope i never become famous, otherwise i'd have to go through a lot of my posts here on neogaf and edit them out!

I'm surprised Nintendo even lets you play Mario Kart.

Coldplay sthap
Lol I thought Grover was just trying to be funny and hinting that he was Cam Newton because of his avatar.

@ProFootballTalk: Per source, Chris Kluwe's lawyer asked in a July 8 email that the investigation report NOT be released. More to come at PFT.

jfc

squicken

You all secretly love my work. You just dont want to give a poor alcoholic bum who is unemployed any positive reinforcement in fear of a salary reduction from your employers.

I read and enjoy all your posts! The game the Bengals blew out the Oilers I remember well. All the teams in the AFCC hated each other and Sam Wyche especially hated Jerry Glannville. After the game he said he regretted not scoring a hundred!

edit: best Sam Wyche moment ever. BG don't look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI

Narag

@ChrisWarcraft
Oooh, shall we talk about the time two very well known Vikings players were caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl?

@ChrisWarcraft
Bet you didn't hear about that one in the news. We can do this all day, Vikings. Special teams hears *everything*.

@ChrisWarcraft
But we'll save all that for the trial. It'll be more fun that way.

he mad

“Kluwe also made fun of the Vikings’ then Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Tom Kanavy, an alumnus of‒and former coach at‒Penn State University, concerning the Jerry Sandusky/Penn State situation,” the memo states. “In his interview, Kanavy explained that Kluwe cut the seat out of his pants and then put them on to imitate a victim of the Penn State child-abuse scandal. According to Kanavy, Kluwe said that he was a ‘Penn State victim’ and to ‘stay away’ from him while his buttocks were exposed.

Kluwe told investigators that he did not recall that behavior, but that “it’s very possible” that he did it.

“It didn’t stick in my mind, but, you know, I — it is definitely — if people said they saw it, then yeah, I probably did it,” Kluwe said.

@ChrisWarcraft 4m
Oooh, shall we talk about the time two very well known Vikings players were caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl?

It's finally happening. The one battle where I have absolutely no respect for either side.

Talon

To be fair, I have heard Mike Tice creeping on high school girls stories from primary sources (read: high school girls at the time).

I would assume Tice is pre-Kluwe, though.

Just wanted to shit on Mike Tice!

This seems like it is going to be dumb for members of both sides. What is a million dollars to Zygi? Just a few more dollars on those new seat licenses that the tax payers bought in the first place.

Talon

I make myself watch the loss the next day on DVR, and I actually spend more time breaking down what went wrong/key plays in losses than in focusing on the bright spots in wins.

That's what happens when you're born an Atlanta sports fan.

:|

Yall are mad dedicated. I don't even re-watch the wins usually.

I still haven't re-watched Super Bowl Ravens/49ers, and that was one of the happiest nights of my life.

I don't watch them at all. If we lose I don't watch anything remotely sports-related (not even the evening news, etc.) for the rest of the day and probably not until Tuesday or Wednesday.

No point reliving sadness when there's another game to play in a few days!

Well, I never watch any games where a team I follow lost, even years later. Fuck that shit.

On the other hand, I've devoured game film from losses I've played in because I wanted to see how the hell we got beat and try to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.

I think the difference for me is that as a fan, it's about entertainment and watching the losses will cause me nothing but grief. Watching film of yourself is more educational and unlike fan mode you can actually have an input into the outcome of the next game.

I've rewatched the Super Bowl* in its entirety once.

I rewatch the 08 Cardinals debacle from time to time because that shit is straight comedy.

I've never rewatched the 05 NFCCG and never will because fuck Qwest Field (or whatever you call it these days).

Talon

I rewatch the 08 Cardinals debacle from time to time because that shit is straight comedy.

I've never rewatched the 05 NFCCG and never will because fuck Qwest Field (or whatever you call it these days).
Lol
NFC West blog: Bertrand Berry and the Cardinals' defense had an impressive showing against the Falcons. Will they be able to hold up against Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith? Mike Sando | More

rando14

ibvWPQg4wTNkAd.gif

EDIT: Wait now you made me think of SB XL... :(

Top Bottom