• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Colasante

Adam Schefter says Ray Rice is being suspended two games. Ridiculous.

Justin Blackmon was arrested for marijuana possession. Also ridiculous.

1406185057000-NewSponge.JPG

This makes me sad friend. No one should take SF over anything
SF multiplayer is so underrated. I have no idea why it didn't get more attention. Solid balance, quality map design, smart mechanics, great weapons; it was the full package in my opinion.

I love MP FPS where spawns aren't random, it makes things a lot more tactical. I could change an entire game by myself playing as support with spawn beacons. So good.

Destiny beta progress is being wiped for launch, correct? A coworker asked when we were playing co-op and I had no clue.

Going to Minnesota now, won't be able to play till Sunday night. No emoticon can express my level of sadness.

This makes me sad friend. No one should take SF over anything

Have you actually played SF PVP to any great extent? Say what you will about the campaign but the online is good fun. The recently released coop horde mode pack is also fun as hell. I just don't have many folks to play it with and I'm not a fan of jumping into public rooms for coop.:(

I'm hoping some of my friends grab it for $10 when its made available as a separate download so the main game isn't needed.

KingGondo

Banned
Seriously. What a monster. Should take out his aggression by beating the shit out of women...it's the NFL-approved stress reliever!
She was practically asking for it!

And it's worth noting that she went ahead and got married to him after that incident. Doesn't sound like an abusive relationship to me!

eznark

Banned

And it's worth noting that she went ahead and got married to him after that incident. Doesn't sound like an abusive relationship to me!

Well yeah, imagine what he'd do if she walked out on him? Jesus, he might even offer her a marijuana cigarette!?!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Meanwhile, Jim Irsay still hasn't been punished by weak ass Goodell. His reputation with the players is done.

As far as the marijuana suspensions, that's in the cba. Mandatory punishment.

He needs help because he smokes weed? He needs to not be an idiot and get away with it like the other 90% of the league.
He's needs help because of rap sheet in general. That deals with more then weed. He's pretty much been in trouble every year he's been in the league, even dating back to college I believe.

The worst part is that's the second such instance on the team.

Suggs beat his fiance constantly, dragged her next to a moving car, and poured bleach on her and their baby. They got married soon after.

I thought we were done with the having the horrible human thing when Ray Lewis left. Nope, it actually got much worse. And now we have two of them!

Fuck me. So glad Joe Flacco never leaves his basement unless it's for football or McDonalds.

KingGondo

Banned
He needs help because he smokes weed? He needs to not be an idiot and get away with it like the other 90% of the league.
It seems to be part of a larger pattern of substance abuse.

I'm pro-weed as hell, but the guy has had severe issues since leaving school (mainly with alcohol). He was already planning on sitting out this entire year because of it.

That said, he shouldn't be arrested and have his mugshot on the front page of papers for a silly run-in like this. He should be in counseling to try and get his life together.

The worst part is that's the second such instance on the team.

Suggs beat his fiance constantly, dragged her next to a moving car, and poured bleach on her and their baby. They got married soon after.

I thought we were done with the having the horrible human thing when Ray Lewis left. Nope, it actually got much worse. And now we have two of them!

Fuck me. So glad Joe Flacco never leaves his basement unless it's for football or McDonalds.

Oh, HELL no.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You guys are nuts about the PvP. I really think the marriage of in depth stat whoring and FPS is going to take off. It's nothing "new" in terms of gameplay so far with the one mode and few maps that they have but it has potential. I love the gunplay and the speed because I'm a 3 round burst-battle rifle-head shotting-mofo whereas in CoD you die too easily and too quickly. Maybe people prefer that I dunno....

Oh and you get all of that plus dat PvE content.

I'm not sure who shouldn't buy Destiny. Pillow fuckers maybe?

Destiny beta progress is being wiped for launch, correct? A coworker asked when we were playing co-op and I had no clue.

Going to Minnesota now, won't be able to play till Sunday night. No emoticon can express my level of sadness.

I wouldn't even know how to shit talk you anyway.

"Your QB is a handsome fellow who cures cancer and is the best in the league."

Sick burn bro.

Edit: Ray Lewis is the version of Aaron Hernandez who was smart enough to not get caught.

brentech

The one game I joined, I swear 90% of my deaths we're by rocket.

I never enjoyed Halo multiplayer though either. Unless played locally.

You guys are nuts about the PvP. I really think the marriage of in depth stat whoring and FPS is going to take off. It's nothing "new" in terms of gameplay so far with the one mode and few maps that they have but it has potential. I love the gunplay and the speed because I'm a 3 round burst-battle rifle-head shotting-mofo whereas in CoD you die too easily and too quickly. Maybe people prefer that I dunno....

Oh and you get all of that plus dat PvE content.

Stat whoring doesn't appeal to me in a shooter. I want it to be balanced properly, not a game where you kill people with a gun until you unlock a slightly more powerful version of the same gun.

It's fun in co-op but at the end of the day I'll take Battlefield over Destiny.

I'm not sure who shouldn't buy Destiny. Pillow fuckers maybe?

People that are going to buy the GOAT instead.

8175Btj5gGL._SL1500_.jpg

People that are going to buy the GOAT instead.

8175Btj5gGL._SL1500_.jpg

Sorry, I already have all those individual games, plus Reach which is better than at least 2 of them.

@AlbertBreer
4) Texans QB Tom Savage could eventually see time this year. Looked good in spring. Big thing is ability to maintain it v. live competition.

Hope everybody enjoys Andre Johnson's last year in Houston. It's going to be a doozy if bold is true.

eznark

Banned
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS NFC NORTH MEAN WINS PROJECTIONS

PACKERS: 9.7
BEARS: 9
VIKINGS: 7.4
LIONS: 6.5

LOL GET FUCKED KAS!!!!!!!!!

brentech

This is so bad, it actually affects my interest in the NFL. I'm not sure I want to spend any of my free time even thinking about something that is this offensively ridiculous.

While it is still heavy handed, it's not, "suspended for weed". It's suspended for being arrested 3 times before his 3rd season even starts. The league pretty much has always punished multiple offenders.

What's weird is, guys that do shit that is much worse, but it's their first instance, get a slap on the wrist. I guess the league just figures that news will die down. While guys that keep doing it, it lingers. I dunno.

It's still crazy, but how many chances should a guy get. Don't fucking get caught with trivial shit and he wouldn't be in the situation.

I wouldn't even know how to shit talk you anyway.

"Your QB is a handsome fellow who cures cancer and is the best in the league."

Sick burn bro.

Edit: Ray Lewis is the version of Aaron Hernandez who was smart enough to not get caught.

"Your RB trucks anyone in his path and manages not to beat up women like other midget RBs do."

Ray sold out his friends. Hernandez's cronies took note and sold him out before he did them in.

NFC East Projections from Football Outsiders:

Philadelphia Eagles: 10-6 (10.0 mean wins, strength of schedule: 23)
New York Giants: 9-7 (8.6 mean wins, SOS: 24)
Dallas Cowboys: 7-9 (7.1 mean wins, SOS: 15)
Washington Redskins: 6-10 (6.3 mean wins, SOS: 21)

Of all the teams with losing records in 2013, the Giants are probably the best bet to make next year's postseason. They were 7-9, so it isn't as if this is a massive turnaround, but there are a couple of strong indicators.

First, yardage is much more consistent from year to year than turnovers. It's very unlikely the Giants will put up a turnover margin of minus-15 again, especially given that Eli Manning's 27 picks almost matched his total from 2011 and 2012 combined. More importantly, the Giants were destroyed by injuries last year, with the highest "adjusted games lost" total of any team Football Outsiders has ever tracked (going back to 2000). Some teams do have a tendency to have more injuries than average year after year -- the Packers and Patriots keep making it to the postseason despite this problem -- but, for the most part, we should go into every season expecting each team to have an average number of injuries. That change alone would do wonders for the Giants.

It's also the biggest reason to believe they could top Philadelphia for the division title, as the Eagles were among the lowest teams in adjusted games lost last year. On the other hand, we know offense tends to be more consistent than defense, which in turn is more consistent than special teams. That means teams that significantly improve based on offense, such as the Eagles, are more likely to maintain their improvement the next season than teams that significantly improve based on defense, such as Carolina.

bionic77

But how many yards and TDs is Fatford going to rack up in garbage time?

Thats all that really matters in Detroit apparently.

And :lol @ Ray Rice getting 2 games after beating his wife up and down a hotel lobby going into the elevator and there being video and pictures of it. I wish Goodell hated cheaters half as much as he hated women.

JNC!

I got on Destiny last night but all you guys were already off. EZ was the only one still on but just sitting in orbit for a couple hours, clearly AFK. Knocked out the Strike mission so that basically just leaves pvp or the free roam mode for this character. I want to try out a Hunter before the beta ends though so not sure what more I'll do with my Warlock, probably at least get level (at 7). Definitely a lot of fun when playing with others and the full game will be so much better when there is phat loot for that proverbial carrot on a stick.

Top Bottom