• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Cowboys beat writer:

@nickeatman
So there's an open roster spot. Wonder who that could be for? Maybe someone who has been on the team before?

Spoiler: what he and others have been saying for a while is that Josh Brent's going back on the team at some point and will be completely forgiven for killing his teammate. Sorry Dallas, maybe 2015-16 will be better.

MechDX

The Texans aren't getting a first round pick for Andre Johnson.

I agree but it is almost guaranteed Seattles pick will be so late in the first round it is pretty much a second. I don't think he gets traded I just posted it because it is an interesting new twist on the whole thing

jakncoke

Banned
Took me more than 10 years.

Despite all of the shit I have posted what got me was taking on the taboo subject of fried chicken.

Its kinda crazy to think every day that passes more and more people are hitting their 10 year mark on the forum even if that doesnt account for their time that they spend on the previous versions.

Never been a big Halo guy, do you have confidence that 343 can make a great Halo game?

Not really but that doesn't matter, only thing that is important is that they don't ruin the remakes of the Bungie games.

It's anathema to me. The only things I want to differentiate players in a shooting game are knowledge, skill, and preference. None of this grinding shit where shooting somebody in the face counts less because I didn't run the hamster wheel enough.

Yup.

cajunator

Banned
Gonna have a fish fry tomorrow. My mom and some relatives went fishing in the Gulf came back with an ice chest full of speckled trout.
Fuck yeah.

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Gettleman: G Edmund Kugbila will have back surgery in NY Aug. 8 and out for the year.

lol what a wasted pick. 4th rounder from 2013 draft, will have not played a down in his first 2 seasons.

Tom Penny

Scumbags (aka Pats fans) let me ask you a question.

Bellicheat and the evil organization known as the Patriots made a conscious choice to basically never be great but always continue to fill their team with young players, focus entirely on offense and never get fucked by the salary cap so that they would always be competitive. It helps that they worship Satan and play in a pathetic division that makes the NFC North look competent, but that has been their strategy for years. And for the most part it has worked and they have won many AFC East Division titles and dominated many a power ranking.

My question to you is that do you evil, good for nothing bastards agree with this choice of continued regular season success or do you wish that the Patriots had gone for it and paid the price for high priced talent (especially on defense and at quarterback where they need it) to get that first legitimate Superbowl but in the process killing your ability to compete in the future?

Two more questions. Did most of your mother abuse alcohol and other drugs while pregnant? And was it Dungeons and Dragons and Nintendo that enticed you to worship Satan or was it something else?

Unless you can name the high price talent they should have acquired that would have put them over the top none of what you're saying matters. I don't see the Pats in the bottom of the league in salary. You know what might have put them over the top? That injury riddle STD fella that was injured or didn't play in any of their big games for 3 years straight..that whole cleverly planned murder thing last year didn't help either.

MechDX

I'm gonna make pulled pork tomorrow!

High five me, Cajun!

tom-brady-high-five12222013.gif

you walked right into that one

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 54s
Yeah, Ray Rice might have hit a woman and dragged her unconscious body out the elevator, but Jayson, Dungy said he wouldn't draft Sam

smh

bionic77

Unless you can name the high price talent they should have acquired that would have put them over the top none of what you're saying matters. I don't see the Pats in the bottom of the league in salary. You know what might have put them over the top? That injury riddle STD fella that was injured or didn't play in any of their big games for 3 years straight..that whole cleverly planned murder thing last year didn't help either.
One way they obviously save money is the way they always trade down in the draft.

They always have the option of taking their pick or gambling on a higher pick if it is warranted and again going for the home run.

I am not saying that the Pats are wrong, but for me I always want the home run even if it means years of sucking afterwards. I was just curious as to how you animals felt about it.

cajunator

Banned
One way they obviously save money is the way they always trade down in the draft.

They always have the option of taking their pick or gambling on a higher pick if it is warranted and again going for the home run.

I am not saying that the Pats are wrong, but for me I always want the home run even if it means years of sucking afterwards. I was just curious as to how you animals felt about it.

2012 was ample payment for 2009. Thats why I really didnt care too much when we got nailed for it.

"It's just part of the process," Harbaugh said. "We always said from the beginning that the circumstances would determine the consequences. There are consequences when you make a mistake like that. I stand behind Ray, he's a heck of a guy, he's done everything right since. He makes a mistake, he's gonna have to pay a consequence.

One heck of a guy! Beating up your girl and dragging her unconsious body out of the elevator is just a mistake and a little slap in the wrist is enough punishment, right?

Tamanon

Banned
Speaking of criminals, rereading the Marvin Harrison stuff is bizarre.

Dixon died on July 21, 2009 when he was shot several times while in his car outside a building two blocks away from Harrison's sports bar. On June 16, 2010, Shaun Assael of ESPN The Magazine reports that police confiscated a 9mm handgun from Harrison during a routine traffic stop on Wednesday in Philadelphia. Police will test the gun to see if it matches three spent 9mm shell casings that ended up inside the truck driven by Dwight Dixon at the scene of an April 2008 shooting. Dixon, who eventually was shot and killed after filing a civil lawsuit, claimed that the casings came from a second gun that Harrison fired. Authorities already have matched other bullets to a separate gun that Harrison owns—and that he admitted was in his possession on the day the shooting occurred. Police found the gun during a search of Harrison's Escalade. The stop occurred as Harrison drove the vehicle the wrong way on a one-way street. Harrison claimed he did not have a gun. But police believed they saw Harrison put what appeared to be a weapon in the console between the two front seats. They concluded that they had probable cause to search the vehicle, and they found the gun.[13] Marvin was not charged or fined by anyone.

Matched bullets to guns he had on him, but nothing came of it for some reason.

bionic77

Let's be honest, it was Gata that did you in.
True, but he seems to really hate ez.

Did Dungy draft known women beaters or something?
I don't know the answer to that but a very quick and intensive internet search of Yahoo Answers shows that apparently the bible says it is ok to beat your wife in certain circumstances so Dungy might be on board with it depending on talent level and fit with the team.

MechDX

Cant wait for the first defensive player to knock the shit out of Rice and say afterwards "Now you know how your wife felt"

eznark

Banned
Cant wait for the first defensive player to knock the shit out of Rice and say afterwards "Now you know how your wife felt"

It'd be funny if Brandon Merriweather gave him a concussion with a blow to the head and was suspended longer than Rice was.

MechDX

PFT going in hard on the Rice situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ile-theyre-hot-buy-your-ladies-ray-rice-gear/

The league’s in house network referred to the “iron fist of the NFL” this morning while discussing the pending two-game suspension for the Ravens running back Ray Rice.

But that iron palm can still be greased, mind you.

In case you wanted to show your support for the Ravens running back during his time off for knocking his wife unconscious, you can order your very own Ray Rice ladies’ jersey from the team store, for the low price of $94.95.

Or even better, you can order the shimmering pink one (with the sassy laces to cover up your cleavage) from the league for only $59.95.

Those will be perfect for the warm autumn afternoons of October, when the league goes to great pains to remind you it supports breast cancer research.

If only they showed as much respect for the rest of the woman.

Damn.

Bowser

Jonathan Stewart apparently pulled his hamstring.

However many wins are projected for the Panthers, it's too much.

No one depends on Stewart for anything. He barely played last year and we still went 12-4. For all the shit DeAngelo gets, at least he can stay on the fucking field.

MechDX

Rivers McCown ‏@FO_RiversMcCown · 4m
Well, this commercial isn't awkward now or anything. pic.twitter.com/BLelW5BaIR

BtUzuSwCYAECJ6J.png

Twitter is just venomous right now

Rivers McCown ‏@FO_RiversMcCown · 4m
Well, this commercial isn't awkward now or anything. pic.twitter.com/BLelW5BaIR

BtUzuSwCYAECJ6J.png

Twitter is just venomous right now

And it should be. It probably won't hurt the league that much, but all the extra attention this gets the better. They handled this shit all wrong, 2 games for Rice is just ridiculous.

Yeah. We play the Ravens this year.

After he does it he stands up and rips off his shirt with "I did it for Dutch!" written on his chest

JJ is easily my favorite non-Patriots player. What a guy.

Pro

You have to allegedly knife someone to death to receive more than that, damn Harry, know the protocol.

Edit: actually looked it up, and Lewis wasn't even suspended? Jesus.

No you just have to use a racial/gay slur or tweet something offensive or smoke some weed to get more than 2 weeks. Domestic violence A.O.K. Seriously wtf NFL.

Ozzie Newsome 'While not having Ray for the first two games is significant, we respect the league’s decision and believe it is fair. We also respect the efforts Ray has made to become the best partner and father he can be. That night was not typical of the Ray Rice we know and respect.'

All the respect I had for the Ravens organization is gone!

Lol j/k I never respected those fucks.

MechDX

What do people really expect the Ravens to say?

"The Ravens organization feels the commissioners punishment was not suitable to the severity of the crime. So we would like to announce that Ray Rice will be suspended for one year due to conduct detrimental to the team and being an asshole."

eznark

Banned
What do people really expect the Ravens to say?

"This is an unfortunate and troubling incident. We do not take it lightly. While we accept the NFL's punishment we will continue monitoring the situation and the player to determine whether or not we deem it sufficient. Our thoughts go out to all victims of domestic violence and we hope to come out of this situation stronger as an organization and more aware as a community.

Thank you."

Or you know, anything other than "Ray Rice is a fucking awesome dude bros! Knocked her ass out with one punch! Proud of you son!"

Top Bottom