• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

mr2xxx

Banned
10520359_613252122122393_984326204_n.jpg

Gonna take some time to get used too.

Pro

I thought Jordy was going to take the home town discount and he didn't care about money?

I'm confused.

I think he deserves to get paid but if he is going to be dishonest/sneaky, I'm going to have to talk shit about him like I did Jennings!

Don't think he's being sneaky he's just performed so well under this current contract he has leverage now. But then again he'll be 30 after this year when the contract ends and Packers aren't into big contracts that tie up cap space (minus your star QB of course).

eznark

Banned
Don't think he's being sneaky he's just performed so well under this current contract he has leverage now. But then again he'll be 30 after this year when the contract ends and Packers aren't into big contracts that tie up cap space (minus your star QB of course).

TT376x324.JPG

Colasante

Danny Amendola's APY is $5.7M. I'd take Jordy Nelson at $10M per year over that in a heartbeat. I don't know why Nelson is never talked about as highly as he should be.

New guy it's a 180 from what he said on video on Packers.com in May/June.

He basically said he could care less, he wants to be in Green Bay, and all he cares about is playing football.

Thanks for the memories Jordy. I always knew your dream was to be remembered as the White Javon Walker.

Zero chance he holds out and the priority should be extending Randall Motherfucking Cobb anyway.

Gotta prioritize Cobb. Partially because he's 6 years younger, and partially because I own his jersey god damn it.

I still think Jordy will be back at a (very) slightly discounted rate. No evidence nor logic, just a hunch. I think the pack have a bit of cap room to play with this year, they can probably give him an extra few million this year and < $10 per for the rest and he and his agent can declare victory.

Dragon

Banned
Danny Amendola's APY is $5.7M. I'd take Jordy Nelson at $10M per year over that in a heartbeat. I don't know why Nelson is never talked about as highly as he should be.

A bad decision by the Patriots about a wide receiver shouldn't be used as a justification for another team. The Packers actually know what they're doing when they draft WRs.

Read this on ESPN:

On paper, Tripp has a lot going against him. Miami’s fifth-round pick is undersized and not overly athletic as a linebacker. But there are intangibles with Tripp, such as leadership and aggressiveness to the football, that NFL evaluators really like.
Intangibles. Leadership.

hi-res-8b5fa031e788a1eb4e8cece6d2f3bf8c_crop_north.jpg

:jnc

Interesting, per @mortreport and @darrenrovell, that Rice additional game check fine based on 2013 $1M salary, not 2014 $4M salary.

Ahahahahahahah what a fucking joke this entire league is, won't even fine him a normal amount during his light suspension

Tom Penny

Amedola is a fragile bum but Jordy Nelson has had 2 good years out of 6. That doesn't warrant elite talk.

JABEE

Peyton Manning is already the best QB of this generation no matter what happens to him tonight.

I don't even know why a confirmed cheater is even put in the same conversation as Manning. It's like the people that still swear that Barry Bonds is the home run king.

Tom Brady is not a champion. If he was in Major League Baseball, he would be barred from the Hall of Fame like "Shoeless" Joe Jackson.

I don't understand why everyone is so eager to wash away the sins of the Patriots. Does it just make it easier to say the games were on the level? Is it about protecting the legacy and integrity of the league?

Tom Brady and the Patriots cheated their way to three Super Bowl Championships in the early 2000s. They used cameras to film their opponent's practices, and knew every defensive signal.

The experts that say "well, they had to execute with those stolen plays" are absolutely insane. Knowing what play the other team is running on every play is a huge advantage.

Those Super Bowls and playoff games were close games. It wasn't just a coincidence that they were able to come back in those games and pull them off. They cheated. They shouldn't be celebrated as the greatest team of our generation. They made a mockery of the game.

The evidence was burned by the commissioner, because the truth was too damaging to the league.

Manning's critics seem to judge him on standards set by Tom Brady and his team, who had their hand in stealing a few Super Bowl opportunities from Manning. When you introduce poisonous franchises like the Patriots into the league you ruin it for everyone else.

The fact that no one is willing to admit that the Patriots cheated and that their success is in large part due to that cheating is astonishing to me.

Response:

In other words, shut the fuck up about it, it's beyond annoying, it happened over six years ago now, and you have nothing better to talk about. If I see you commenting on it yet again for the millionth fucking time I'm just going to copy and paste a link to this post, because it will involve about as much effort as it takes you to get mock self-righteous. Seriously just fucking quit it with it, every fucking time I come into this thread I see the stupidity, there's a fucking Super Bowl being played today between the Broncos and Seahawks what the fuck does it have to do with the Patriots?

I'm going to get drunk and have some fun instead of wasting more time trying to debate uselessly with a bunch of that would rather wave their dick around than actually have a discussion about it.

This was my favorite rant to someone else responding.

I don't even know who the fuck you are, but if someone tried to buttfuck you every time you just wanted to get a drink of water, you'd certainly respond with something.

:jnc

So much truth in that post, JABEE... I could barely finish reading it through the tears of righteous justice that flooded my eyes.

I daresay it should be in the OP of every NFL-GAF thread from now on, as well as the signature of all of our posts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peyton Manning is already the best QB of this generation no matter what happens to him tonight.

I don't even know why a confirmed cheater is even put in the same conversation as Manning. It's like the people that still swear that Barry Bonds is the home run king.

Tom Brady is not a champion. If he was in Major League Baseball, he would be barred from the Hall of Fame like "Shoeless" Joe Jackson.

I don't understand why everyone is so eager to wash away the sins of the Patriots. Does it just make it easier to say the games were on the level? Is it about protecting the legacy and integrity of the league?

Tom Brady and the Patriots cheated their way to three Super Bowl Championships in the early 2000s. They used cameras to film their opponent's practices, and knew every defensive signal.

The experts that say "well, they had to execute with those stolen plays" are absolutely insane. Knowing what play the other team is running on every play is a huge advantage.

Those Super Bowls and playoff games were close games. It wasn't just a coincidence that they were able to come back in those games and pull them off. They cheated. They shouldn't be celebrated as the greatest team of our generation. They made a mockery of the game.

The evidence was burned by the commissioner, because the truth was too damaging to the league.

Manning's critics seem to judge him on standards set by Tom Brady and his team, who had their hand in stealing a few Super Bowl opportunities from Manning. When you introduce poisonous franchises like the Patriots into the league you ruin it for everyone else.

The fact that no one is willing to admit that the Patriots cheated and that their success is in large part due to that cheating is astonishing to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cajunator

Banned
So much truth in that post, JABEE... I could barely finish reading it through the tears of righteous justice that flooded my eyes.

I daresay it should be in the OP of every NFL-GAF thread from now on, as well as the signature of all of our posts.

No one actually takes the Patriots seriously since they got beaten twice by a goober.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm glad my team does not have any off the field issues or contract issues going into training camp.

Laying low, under the radar. It's all going according to plan.

Restore the Roar 2014.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm glad my team does not have any off the field issues or contract issues going into training camp.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Yet, until you gotta figure out how to give Suh his wanted monster contract, and Stafford as well. All the while trying to figure out how to find 50 other people to make a playoff roster.

Farooq

Banned
Some news for the Cowboys and a bit of a surprise to me. LG Ron Leary has been placed on the PUP list. There was competition between Leary, Bernadeau, and Nwaneri for that LG spot.

Bernadeau has flexibility at center and at guard, he is valuable and I expect the Cowboys to keep him as a reserve regardless. In terms of who starts LG? It is too early to call.

The starting offensive line for the Cowboys looks like this right now,

LT - Tyron Smith
LG- Leary/Bernadeau/Nwaneri
C- Travis Frederick
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Doug Free

Pretty solid line.

Restore the Roar 2014.

2015 Detroit Lions Free Agents:
Isa Abdul-Quddus
Jed Collins
Kris Durham
Nick Fairley
Andre Fluellen
DeJon Gomes
Chris Greenwood
Corey Hilliard
George Johnson
Mikel Leshoure
Rashean Mathis
Kellen Moore
CJ Mosley
Don Muhlbach
Kevin Ogletree
Dan Orlovsky
Montell Owens
Ashlee Palmer
Dominic Raiola
Jeremy Ross
Rob Sims
Julian Stanford
Darryl Tapp
Cassius Vaughn
George Winn
Ndamukong Suh

ed: VV welp, adding Suh to the list

squicken

Chris Mortensen @mortreport ·
Lions are not optimistic about signing Ndamukong Suh to a new contract. He enters camp counting 22,412,500 against sal cap.

Chris Mortensen &#8207;@mortreport
If Lions can't get Suh signed, his franchise tender would be $26.7 million in 2015 - or he becomes a unrestricted free agent in his prime

Hey Cowboy-Gaf I'm going to their training camp next month if you want me to try and get you something signed. My sister has a ton of stuff signed by romo, witten, dez etc. It's pretty easy to get stuff signed from the rookies too.

Top Bottom