• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Weed, PEDs. He's also kind of a piece of shit on top of that though. Not girlfriend punching level, but he's been arrested for failure to make child support payments.

He'll fit in well with the Ravens.

Yesterday when I said it would be crazy if a whole organization went heel. Then I heard this news and thought it might really happening

I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I really liked the emotional aspects of the movie. Good message and the CGI was pretty great.

But in reflection
apes hip-shooting ARs and never running out of ammo
was lulzy

MechDX

What's the likelihood Andre got some under the table money or other financial incentive? My tinfoil hat says very good.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1h
Andre Johnson had multiple talks with members of #Texans organization this summer, including ownership. Built familiarity with Bill O’Brien

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1h
From what I am told, there were no monetary promises to Andre Johnson to get him to report. Sounds like #Texans simply recruited him back.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 3h
Andre Johnson showing up at NRG stadium on Monday was a significant development, and got the ball rolling. O'Brien has handled this well.

#Believe in BOB

priyanka-chopra-nfl-photoshoot-in-my-city-photo-2.jpg

kttcoliehh

I'd welcome her to my city

Weird face in that pic.

5.6/10, would bang in the dark

Konka

Banned
The Dolphins really are a special organization.

Why do you think they're wearing helmets?

With Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey likely out an extended part of the regular season and the fallout of last year’s bullying scandal, the Dolphins figure to start a brand new offensive line this year.

So why not go build around a guy who has never done his particular job?

According to Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post, the Dolphins are going with free agent pickup Shelley Smith as their starting center.

But Smith said he’s never played center at any level.

He’s started eight games in the NFL, all at guard.

At a certain level, it’s not that big of a change for a competent lineman. But springing it on him just before training camp almost makes it appear it wasn’t a fully developed plan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lacing-pouncey-with-a-guy-whos-never-snapped/

jakncoke

Banned
lol no wonder it was chilly in my room with the fan on high and the window open this morning. tied the record low last night at 39 degrees.

you're talking about this guy
qZCxm7Y.png

How could I turn down that mustache ride?

Urgh, a lot of Coors Light and homemade wine provided by a friend's two dads last night. Party is continuing tonight, a friend of a friend is bringing a keg of summer shandy over amongst other goodies. If it wasn't for the depressing feeling its citizens gave off, I'd think Minnesota wasn't so bad after all!

bionic77

Until they get paid like Sherman. Oh well!
If you are that good you are always going to get paid whether you were drafted in the first round or went undrafted.

But with the lower round guys at least you get the first few years of production on the cheap. Like real cheap. Like Gata throwing a bachelor party and only getting one hooker for everybody cheap!

MechDX

Mech is right, I don't think we can settle for anything less than an AFC East title
with an 8-8 record

Every fan should have just tons of optimism right now and if you don't you are a jaded twat and a pathetic fan. Realistically: if the Texans win 8 games I will be ecstatic but as of right now we are going to beat Indy twice, break JFF in half, embarrass the Cowboys in Jerruh world and beat the Steelers just because most of their fans here are pouty bitches.

Fan hard or go home.

Every fan should have just tons of optimism right now and if you don't you are a jaded twat and a pathetic fan. Realistically: if the Texans win 8 games I will be ecstatic but as of right now we are going to beat Indy twice, break JFF in half, embarrass the Cowboys in Jerruh world and beat the Steelers just because most of their fans here are pouty bitches.

Fan hard or go home.

Fuck off. I will take jaded twat over kas any fucking day. Teams like the Jags and Lions have no shot this year, acting like they do doesn't make it true it just makes you delusional.

MechDX

Fuck off. I will take jaded twat over kas any fucking day. Teams like the Jags and Lions have no shot this year, acting like they do doesn't make it true it just makes you delusional.

Yeah because as shown by recent years there is no chance in hell of teams getting betting over the course of one season. No parity at all in this league. None.

BsbQZqR.png

Yep no chance in hell. Wonder what team this was?

Sam Bradford will be full go today in practice. Oh, no one cares? Never mind then. Supposedly Aaron Donald is unblock-able. Could be awesome with he and Quinn rushing the passer from the same side
Hoping the Rams can give Seattle and SF some hell this year. With that d line it's possible.

Might even go to a non-Packers game of theirs this year! ...if one of my rams fan buddies has an extra ticket

Yeah because as shown by recent years there is no chance in hell of teams getting betting over the course of one season. No parity at all in this league. None.

BsbQZqR.png

Yep no chance in hell. Wonder what team this was?

Yawn, if after 2012 you had said that the Eagles had no chance in 2013 you would have been right. It is swell that they won a few more games but in the end they still didn't win a SB. I understand as a Texans fan just making the playoffs is a great season but for most fans that isn't close to being good enough.

I don't consider myself an optimist or a pessimist, just a realist with a healthy hint of cynicism. I do get carried away from time to time though, especially in the preseason, but who can blame me when Tannehill is just so dreamy?

9-7, AFC East Champions, lose to the Colts or Browns in the AFCCG.

I'm with old man Mech on this one. No reason to be disappointed with a season that hasn't even started yet.

kas may go over the top with it from time to time, but his heart's in the right place. Crazy things happen all the time.

Let's keep it a buck, we all know its going to be Niners-Seahawks/Pats-Broncos in the conference championship games again

MechDX

Yawn, if after 2012 you had said that the Eagles had no chance in 2013 you would have been right. It is swell that they won a few more games but in the end they still didn't win a SB. I understand as a Texans fan just making the playoffs is a great season but for most fans that isn't close to being good enough.

Funny. You have 60 years on us as a franchise on us and we are tied in Super Bowl wins.

Congrats!

Surprised you haven't just given up completely.

Remember that time Cutler and Rodgers were both hurt for a large portion of the season

And the Lions won on Thanksgiving even

And they still didn't do shit with it

Top Bottom