• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Konka

Banned
Holy shit. Smith went full dipshit
tumblr_m9bg0wM95K1qg7hxbo2_1280.jpg

Work softball championship is today and our opponent emailed us to ask if we wouldn't use walk up music because it was too distracting. I replied:

This ain't golf, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

MechDX

Michelle Beadle ‏@MichelleDBeadle · 9m
I'm thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend...I'd hate to think what I'd be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke

She would "provoke" something all right....

michelle-beadle.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Missi Matthews ‏@missi_matthews 11m

Shamarko Thomas had a chance to workout with Troy before camp. He said a Troy workout looks like a karate movie. #SteelersTrainingCamp

GQman2121

Banned

This isn't real. They only say this dumb shit to evoke a response from outlets that will report on it. They know what they're doing.

Work softball championship is today and our opponent emailed us to ask if we wouldn't use walk up music because it was too distracting. I replied:

This ain't golf, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Should change it up and go with: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCqjZ1nKFVk

Draxal

Those two are my most despised people on TV probably.

I honestly don't blame them as much as I blame ESPN and the viewer audience that watches that garbage.

I remember Bomani Jones bitching on twitter about some argument that he was forced to do because of the producers.

Screw you Mech! After shitting on Andre all off season you like this now?

smh

Take off your shirt and fight me.
This. Fight him Kave!
Michelle Beadle ‏@MichelleDBeadle · 9m
I'm thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend...I'd hate to think what I'd be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke

She would "provoke" something all right....

michelle-beadle.gif
I semi forgive your slut-ery because of the gif.

Peter King was at Giants camp and did a write-up on the new offense:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/24/giants-training-camp-report/

Short passes. The greatest pass of Eli Manning’s life—high school, college, pro—was the bomb down the left sideline to Mario Manningham that led to the winning touchdown in their Super Bowl upset of New England three years ago. That pass travelled 46 yards in the air, and was good for a 38-yard gain. Watching the Giants practice this afternoon, I doubt Manning will throw five balls farther than 46 yards in the air this entire year. New offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo’s offense is predicated on lots of short and intermediate throws and no mistakes. So all afternoon Manning dinked and dunked his way down the field and, from what I saw, did not throw an interception. That’s good, isn’t it?

Sort of? I mean, the conversion to full on west coast is in full effect but Eli's play has always lent itself to the deep passing game. He's a gunslinger type so while I expect his completion percentage to skyrocket, I hope there's still an element to the deep passing game.

His final thoughts:

I’m mystified. The Giants have so many questions that simply can’t be answered on July 23. The offensive line is a huge question. Beatty, at left tackle, isn’t the physical mauler that a Giants left tackle usually is. I don’t know if he’s good enough. I don’t know if the line is good enough. I feel pretty sure they’re not going to make as many mistakes as they made last year on offense, and they’ll be significantly more explosive with Beckham playing 25 snaps a game and new return man Trindon Holliday making the Giants far more exciting than they were a year ago. But when your offense is new for the first time in a decade and there are so many unknowns all over the offensive map, it’s impossible to feel good about any prediction. But this one thing will stick with me when I think back on my day with the Giants: Tom Coughlin was really in a good mood during my 15 minutes with him. I don’t think Coughlin’s in a good mood if he feels like there’s a black cloud over East Rutherford.

Draxal

Sort of? I mean, the conversion to full on west coast is in full effect but Eli's play has always lent itself to the deep passing game. He's a gunslinger type so while I expect his completion percentage to skyrocket, I hope there's still an element to the deep passing game.

His final thoughts:

Errrr, when was the last mauler that the Giants had at left tackle? Jumbo? I don't think Diehl, Locklear, and Petitgout were really maulers at all. And the deep pass will still be in the game, it's just Eli needs the work the short passing game kindk. He's probably the worst screen thrower I've seen, so I'm pretty sure McAdoo wants to make sure his reps are to get improve his accuracy on the short throws.

I really think King thinks were still the Giants under Parcells (when he used to cover the team).

cajunator

Banned

His final thoughts:

lol so many LSU guys. I miss bottle rocket.

Errrr, when was the last mauler that the Giants had at left tackle? Jumbo? I don't think Diehl, Locklear, and Petitgout were really maulers at all. .
Yeah that statement kind of made me giggle. Diehl specifically was a lot of things but a mauler he wasn't. Maybe he was watching McKenzie on the right side.:)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

For your sake, I hope he buys in faster than Ben did.

Also, Sanjuro has arrived at Steelers camp, replete with TMNT pillow!

BtaAgIMCQAAjP4B.jpg

It's Steve McClendon.

Draxal

For your sake, I hope he buys in faster than Ben did.

Also, Sanjuro has arrived at Steelers camp, replete with TMNT pillow!

BtaAgIMCQAAjP4B.jpg

It's Steve McClendon.

Eli is 100% in for two reasons. He is the ultimate boyscout and he was tires of throwing billion of interceptions because of miscommunication.

Top Bottom